**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I’m completely stuck and lost and I need help

MilesMorales3169MilesMorales3169 Posts: 38
edited July 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I’ve been on act 5 for a few days/weeks now. I have to spend a ton of units per quest.

And when I say a ton, I’m not joking. I literally had to spend almost 400 units on healing & revives on 5.1.3 and I feel like crying. And everyone talks about how these are the “easy” quests, so how many am I gonna have to spend on future quests???

My team is not bad at all, with 5* warlock & Hyperion on rank 3, 4* prof x & spiderman miles morales on 4/40, and 3* archangel maxed.

I’ve been grinding arenas for hours, spent a while trying to find good mastery setups, tried replaying over and over the same quests again, and watched multiple guides on act 5.

Whenever I play a match on act 5, I try to stay patient but almost always something goes wrong, whether I can’t succeed baiting the ai, they intercept my attack with their attack/sp, or something else gets messed up somehow, killing my champ.

Please tell me, what in the world do I do to get uncollected??? I only beat the first 3 quests so far. I can’t spend a ton of units on every quests or I’ll run out. Thanks.
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• Spidy01223Spidy01223 Posts: 30
    Play defensive don't go for intercepts Hyperion and warlock are really good options for act 5 try to r5 your good 4* and try to not spend units on first 2 chapters of act 5 wait for a better roster and complete and explore EQ it will help you increase your roster and then act 5 will be a piece of cake. Send a pick of your roster please.
    This is all I can say
    Best of luck brother ✌️
  • MilesMorales3169MilesMorales3169 Posts: 38

Play defensive don't go for intercepts Hyperion and warlock are really good options for act 5 try to r5 your good 4* and try to not spend units on first 2 chapters of act 5 wait for a better roster and complete and explore EQ it will help you increase your roster and then act 5 will be a piece of cake. Send a pick of your roster please.
    This is all I can say
    Best of luck brother ✌️

I can’t not spend any units on the first 2 chapters. For example, I just lost 3 champs in the first fight on 3.1.4.

Also, I fully explored eq on heroic difficulty, and got as far as I could in master before I got stuck.

This is all I can say
    Best of luck brother ✌️

Here’s the roster… Because I get so many new 4*s, I want to wait until I get an S tier champ before ranking them up (Cap iw doesn’t count cuz he’s not duped and It’s too much work to learn how to use quake). I don’t think it makes that huge of a difference anyway.

• LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Buddy, don’t push yourself too hard on story content. Play monthly sq and eq to get materials you need to rank up those champs you need. AQ is also great to help push those rankups. Being on act 5 with your champs is a great feat, but be patient with pushing
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    U need more practice before jumping in Act 5
    Explore Act 4
    Try to explore early chapters of Master difficulty without using any revives or units
    Get some useful resources through side quests
    With time u will learn more & then u should go for Act 5
  • Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 988 ★★★★
    Don’t beat yourself up those quests are quite hard for a newbie. Those players you see achieve uncollected and cavalier in very few days and weeks are skilled and been playing for a long time.
    Before going all in act 5 ,explore act 4 to get some rank up resources and better your skills.
    I recommend ranking up spiderham as well he is amazing. All in all your team is good ,play a little patiently and things will go your way.
    Don’t jump in blind watch the maps and the nodes and take counters accordingly for the fights you think are hard for you. Practice against specific champs you consider hard in duels. Rest best of luck to you!
    Lpoo said:

Buddy, don’t push yourself too hard on story content. Play monthly sq and eq to get materials you need to rank up those champs you need. AQ is also great to help push those rankups. Being on act 5 with your champs is a great feat, but be patient with pushing

Thanks, but I already do an and eq (although I think the side quest rewards are bad).

Don’t beat yourself up those quests are quite hard for a newbie. Those players you see achieve uncollected and cavalier in very few days and weeks are skilled and been playing for a long time.
    Before going all in act 5 ,explore act 4 to get some rank up resources and better your skills.
    I recommend ranking up spiderham as well he is amazing. All in all your team is good ,play a little patiently and things will go your way.
    Don’t jump in blind watch the maps and the nodes and take counters accordingly for the fights you think are hard for you. Practice against specific champs you consider hard in duels. Rest best of luck to you!

First of all, thank you so much for your help.

I’ve looked it up and most people agreed you should go for uncollected before fully exploring act 4, as it massively boosts your game progression. I also use seating’s guide for which nodes I should use. I will have to reconsider though.

Also, do you think I should rank up Spider-Man over my champions such as unduped cap iw?? I’m kinda having trouble deciding. Once again, thanks for ur help :)
  • EgretM4EgretM4 Posts: 171 ★★
    If you get stuck there’s nothing wrong with going back and exploring act 4. Will give you units, practice and mastery points.

What does your masteries look like? Make sure you have dex and parry unlocked. In the first few variants classic difficulty you can get stony mastery cores for free so that’s another good thing to get done
    Attack: 3/5 precision, 3/5 cruelty, 2/3 courage

Defense: Maxed out recovery & block proficiency

Proficiency: max parry and 1/3 dex.

I’m on level 32.

It honestly kinda sucks how everyone else can get uc (and sometimes even further!) so easily while I can’t do it
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    you need to build your roaster up, although your current 5* are amazing, you need to keep playing monthly content. side quest and EQ are your only real way to build roaster while avoiding acts. also i think you might need to 100% act 4 if you havent done so already.
    spider ham is another champ you should rank up, skill lvl is amazing and helps avoid degen in many nasty content in act 5 and 6
    its going to take time, maybe by the end of the year you will complete 5.1 act.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Don’t spend units when you can’t even do the first properly. Practice until you can solo the fight, then get as far as you can without using items. If your champions die, restart the quest. Energy is free, units are not.
    Malreck04 said:

Don’t spend units when you can’t even do the first properly. Practice until you can solo the fight, then get as far as you can without using items. If your champions die, restart the quest. Energy is free, units are not.

Yeah, I tried that, and kept failing. I think I’ll work on my roster and go for uc later.

you need to build your roaster up, although your current 5* are amazing, you need to keep playing monthly content. side quest and EQ are your only real way to build roaster while avoiding acts. also i think you might need to 100% act 4 if you havent done so already.
    spider ham is another champ you should rank up, skill lvl is amazing and helps avoid degen in many nasty content in act 5 and 6

I’m very active in this game rn, why do you think it’ll take me almost 6 months to beat 5.1?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022
    Have you fully explored A4 yet?

If you’re finding A5 too hard, it could be because you’ve not had the experience and skill under your belt to handle the more complex nodes and defenders combinations yet.

You might wanna take some time to explore the earlier story quests first (you’ll want the mastery points from A4 anyway), while doing the monthly EQ up till where you feel comfortable.

Also, please use Seatin’s guide and timeline as what it is, a “guide”, but also understand that it’s a guide done by an experienced player. If you’re just starting out, it’ll be better to spend a little time to build your basics up before attempting to rush through content. This game is a marathon, not a sprint.

I’m very active in this game rn, why do you think it’ll take me almost 6 months to beat 5.1?
    cause thats just how it is, if you were to grind all the content and play the game 8+ hours a day still does not change the fact that a lot of the games rewards are RNG. meaning even after the 6-8 months you might still not get anything worth while. sure you might scrounge enough for a 6* or 2 but they might be trash, regardless of that, within those months you should get a minimum of 2-3 5* per month. with those odds you might get some good champs. then the necessity for resources is next. if youve been playing for a while you will understand the build up and the logic behind this.

but you could always spend some mula $$$ and get more stuff :D
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Once you do act 6 and come back to act 5 you will rinse through it with your eyes closed
  • SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 860 ★★★
    Join an alliance, participate in AQ and AW. You will have plenty of practice and rank up materials. Do EQ and SQ for more rank up materials. Rank up good champs. Cap IW is decent unawaken and you need to max sig him to get the best out of him.
    You should focus on your 5*.
    Do the solo and alliance events to get your heath and revive potions.
    In one year, I managed to get to Thronebreaker without using units, just lots and lots of potions in overflow from the 4 hr free crystal and the solo / alliance events milestones.
    I must be over level 40 when I got uncollected, and with more PI than your roster. Please be patient and practice. Have you looked into the McocguideBlog? I think it is very useful for me.
    Look for some mastery setup video as well. You haven’t mention the healing mastery like Willpower and salve. 100% the Act 4 chapters get you extra mastery points as well.
    Good luck mate.
    SammyDe said:

Join an alliance, participate in AQ and AW. You will have plenty of practice and rank up materials. Do EQ and SQ for more rank up materials. Rank up good champs. Cap IW is decent unawaken and you need to max sig him to get the best out of him.
    You should focus on your 5*.
    Do the solo and alliance events to get your heath and revive potions.
    In one year, I managed to get to Thronebreaker without using units, just lots and lots of potions in overflow from the 4 hr free crystal and the solo / alliance events milestones.
    I must be over level 40 when I got uncollected, and with more PI than your roster. Please be patient and practice. Have you looked into the McocguideBlog? I think it is very useful for me.
    Look for some mastery setup video as well. You haven’t mention the healing mastery like Willpower and salve. 100% the Act 4 chapters get you extra mastery points as well.
    Good luck mate.

Thanks.

I already participate in an and aw, the rewards are meh (except for end of season aw rewards)

As for masteries,I find salve to be useless for my current champs, it barely regents any health. As for willpower, it is way too expensive so for now I’ll be focusing on offense.

Hyperion & warlock are already on rank 3 and I can’t rank them up anytime soon, should I focus next on cap iw, Spider-Ham, or wait for an S tier champion?

cause thats just how it is, if you were to grind all the content and play the game 8+ hours a day still does not change the fact that a lot of the games rewards are RNG. meaning even after the 6-8 months you might still not get anything worth while. sure you might scrounge enough for a 6* or 2 but they might be trash, regardless of that, within those months you should get a minimum of 2-3 5* per month. with those odds you might get some good champs. then the necessity for resources is next. if youve been playing for a while you will understand the build up and the logic behind this.

How do I get a 6* before reaching uncollected?
  • Spidy01223Spidy01223 Posts: 30

I’m on level 32.

It honestly kinda sucks how everyone else can get uc (and sometimes even further!) so easily while I can’t do it

Have you seen your roster?
    With that roster I couldn't have completed a single quest in act 5 back then......you are doing great but really you're gonna need a bigger roster than that for easily completing act 5
    I'd prefer exploring act4 first
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★

If RNG goes your way, during gifting event in Dec, you may get a six star.
    I started doing Act 5 when I could have at least a few 4-Stars max rank and only a solitary 5-Star rank 3.
    Of course, if you look at youtuber, there is one running Act 5.2.6 with a team of 3-Stars.

I’m on level 32.

With that roster I couldn't have completed a single quest in act 5 back then......you are doing great but really you're gonna need a bigger roster than that for easily completing act 5
    How good of a roster would you say you need to get uc?

If RNG goes your way, during gifting event in Dec, you may get a six star.
    I started doing Act 5 when I could have at least a few 4-Stars max rank and only a solitary 5-Star rank 3.
    Of course, if you look at youtuber, there is one running Act 5.2.6 with a team of 3-Stars.
    Yeah, but the thing is, these YouTubers have been playing the game for a really long time, meaning they’re really good at the game

I’m on level 32.

getting 6* shouldnt be the priority. they are difficult to find and collect when below cav. a full team of 5* awakened depending who they are is what you are looking for. this is why when i said itll take you till end of the year to build up a decent roaster, not including RNG. like those YT players you need to play for a long time and get used to the AI in the more difficult content. its a different play style. this isnt something that will happen over night, its going to take time. only experienced players as alt accounts can rush their way into uncollected/cav within a year time span, newer players dont understand the grind part cause all they see it big accounts around them. 95% of the big accounts have been playing for more that 2+ years or spent loads of money or time into the game

I’m on level 32.

getting 6* shouldnt be the priority. they are difficult to find and collect when below cav. a full team of 5* awakened depending who they are is what you are looking for. this is why when i said itll take you till end of the year to build up a decent roaster, not including RNG. like those YT players you need to play for a long time and get used to the AI in the more difficult content. its a different play style. this isnt something that will happen over night, its going to take time. only experienced players as alt accounts can rush their way into uncollected/cav within a year time span, newer players dont understand the grind part cause all they see it big accounts around them. 95% of the big accounts have been playing for more that 2+ years or spent loads of money or time into the game
    It’s just so weird because I’ve completed act 4 in 2 months, and the difficulty spike is huge… I don’t know how I’ll get a team of 5* awakened champs, as currently I very slowly get 5* shards and I’m not even close to getting a 4* awakening gem. But I’ll keep trying, thanks.

I’m on level 32.

It’s just so weird because I’ve completed act 4 in 2 months, and the difficulty spike is huge… I don’t know how I’ll get a team of 5* awakened champs, as currently I very slowly get 5* shards and I’m not even close to getting a 4* awakening gem. But I’ll keep trying, thanks.
    yea they nerfed and changed act 1-4 to reduce the amount of energy used and also the difficulty. you are a prime example of what happens to a new player. once you hit act 5 roadblock you have to dedicate your time in all other content and basically grind everything as best as possible.

the worst part is, you arent really told or introduced into other content all that well.

monthly content, side quests, variants, arena, incursions, and special quests like Road to the labyrinth.
    you have to start doing all that listed content ^ to build your over all roaster and just collect basic materials. and to do all that content you need energies and if you are having trouble with that content resources like potions, revives, and boosts.

its a hassle and for sure but join an experienced alliance and if you have other media for communication like LINE, discord, twitter, and whatsapp, to better ask questions and get pics/vids to help.

good luck
  • TragiC_XTragiC_X Posts: 50
    1. Explore act 4 first
    2. Work on masteries
    3. Figure out what’s so hard about these fights and improve at fixing it.