**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gold Issue again...and again...

I know this topic has been brought up multiple times, but from what I've experienced along with other alliance members, I have the issue of not enough gold in the game. I get that EQ has more in it now, but when your ranking 6* from rank 1-3 or even rank 4 that's more gold than you are able to earn from doing both Cav and UC EQ. I know there are going to be there are people on both sides of the fence, but it is an issue that keeps showing up on the forums and never gets addressed by Kabam employees. I wish someone could address the community on this topic that keeps showing up. Thanks!

Comments

• Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 756 ★★★
    While I have a good hord of gold.. I have noticed that its gone down 25M is the last 3 weeks (mostly due to using resources from July 4th, but also things like AQ tickets eat up a lot more than they should).
  • The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★

Approximately 3 million + gold is required for ranking up a 5 star from rank 1 to rank 5.

There is not enough gold in a whole month's of contents to rank up 2 5 stars to max. Contents I am speaking of are

1. EQ(Lets assume explore all difficulties 100%)
    2.SQ(same)
    3. 4 weeks of aq
    4. Alliance war

After doing all these game modes you can't even max 2 5 stars in a whole month's worth of effort. And people say there is no gold shortage funny.

If doing all of that content for a ******* whole month you don't get enough gold to rank just 2 of your 5 stars to max (in an age where 6 star rank 4's are trending) just because u don't like or do arena, I don't know what others disagreeing to your post will call as a shortage.
    My suggestions will be-
    1. Uncollected gold crystal should replace the existing ones in glory store
    2. Alliance war season rewards should give a huge chunk of gold. Aw season rewards includes rank up materials and shards but not gold. I would say like min 5 million.
    3. And lastly future Sq should atleast offer the same even if not more amount of gold the current sq gives.

I don't think these are any game breaking changes and will definitely obliterate gold shortages to some extent.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

In before topic gets flooded with:
    1. "What gold problem, I have hundreds of millions of gold"
    2. Unlimited gold in arena

Disclaimer, I'm not saying I agree with any of the above myself or agreeing or disagreeing with the post, just summarizing what's in the near future of this post.

Not everyone has hundreds of millions of gold, also unlimited time to grind arena. I myself am barely able to maintain staying around 4 million gold, but I'm going to soon be running into expiring materials from the 4th of July deals because I don't have enough gold to complete the rank-ups from all the materials in overflow.
    You didn't read my disclaimer on my post did you?
  • VegetaNoOujiVegetaNoOuji Posts: 57
    Gold while available, has never been scaled up enough to match the ever increasing rank up costs. taking a champ from 6* R2 to 6* r3 then levelling him up eats up millions. Let alone 3>4. A huge help would be as simple as adding 500k gold to cav completion and 500k onto exploration plus the path rewards already in.
  • GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★
    edited July 2022
    FiiNCH said:

Disclaimer, I'm not saying I agree with any of the above myself or agreeing or disagreeing with the post, just summarizing what's in the near future of this post.

Not everyone has hundreds of millions of gold, also unlimited time to grind arena. I myself am barely able to maintain staying around 4 million gold, but I'm going to soon be running into expiring materials from the 4th of July deals because I don't have enough gold to complete the rank-ups from all the materials in overflow.
    At the end of the day, it’s a resource management problem you have. If you know you don’t/won’t run arenas to keep a flow of gold coming in, you shouldn’t expect to rank up champions regularly.

I’d love Kabam to increase the gold we get in game, but it doesn’t look like they’re going to. So people need to manage their rank ups accordingly.
    Even doing arena, gold is a problem. The crystals simply don’t get enough. I’ve grinded 50k battlechips just to get 90k gold out of the stupid crystal time after time. That shouldn’t even be an option. 360k should be the minimum from a 50k battleship that took so many rounds of arena to do.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    I would love somewhere to actually spend the gold… rather than add more to game we should have a regular place to spend it, other than juts ranking champs.

I only do feature arena milestones and never drop below 60m gold whatever I rank up. Not including over 1000 gold crytals - if they introduce an ‘open all’ button I would pop these but otherwise unlikely to spend time
  • CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 775 ★★★
    No pain no gain
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Grub said:

FiiNCH said:

At the end of the day, it’s a resource management problem you have. If you know you don’t/won’t run arenas to keep a flow of gold coming in, you shouldn’t expect to rank up champions regularly.

I’d love Kabam to increase the gold we get in game, but it doesn’t look like they’re going to. So people need to manage their rank ups accordingly.
    Even doing arena, gold is a problem. The crystals simply don’t get enough. I’ve grinded 50k battlechips just to get 90k gold out of the stupid crystal time after time. That shouldn’t even be an option. 360k should be the minimum from a 50k battleship that took so many rounds of arena to do.
    I agree with you.

My point is more to manage expectations. If people don’t/can’t put the time into the areas of the game that help maximise gold, they should understand they won’t be able to rank up champions (especially 6*’s) regularly.
  • redsoxpatsfan89redsoxpatsfan89 Posts: 162
    I have a gold issue as well. I do all the solo and alliance events, as well as eq, aq,aw and i open all my gold crystals. I just cant get enough gold. Im constantly running out. Now i dont do arena, but thats due to the fact that i feel like i may get 50k-100k gold from an hour of grinding if you include milestones and battlechips. So i just feel like the payoff on it when it comes to gold to me seem insignificant. Now maybe over months of grinding it would be more noticeable, but im not one who would like to grind arena hour hours each day. Just my own opinion
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Monk1 said:

I would love somewhere to actually spend the gold… rather than add more to game we should have a regular place to spend it, other than juts ranking champs.

I only do feature arena milestones and never drop below 60m gold whatever I rank up. Not including over 1000 gold crytals - if they introduce an ‘open all’ button I would pop these but otherwise unlikely to spend time

The Goldpool offers again? 😎
  • AceymcocAceymcoc Posts: 195 ★★
    Whilst I agree there’s a gold shortage i haven’t had to worry about my gold since I came back to the game, Im a casual grinder in arena I’ve explored uncollected and cav eq done the side quest done the milestones in the solo events and im gaining more than gold than im using, I can spend gold without having to worry about me not having enough, I only have 7 mil but I started this month with 3 mil, whilst I agree they should up gold in certain areas of the game I don’t think that it should be to a extent of where it’s half of a chapter in act 7, I think a 20% boost in all areas wouldn’t hurt too bad but then again if you manage it properly it shouldn’t be too much of a issue as long as your careful
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

I have a gold issue as well. I do all the solo and alliance events, as well as eq, aq,aw and i open all my gold crystals. I just cant get enough gold. Im constantly running out. Now i dont do arena, but thats due to the fact that i feel like i may get 50k-100k gold from an hour of grinding if you include milestones and battlechips. So i just feel like the payoff on it when it comes to gold to me seem insignificant. Now maybe over months of grinding it would be more noticeable, but im not one who would like to grind arena hour hours each day. Just my own opinion

It’s a choice, I guess.

Gold accumulation has never been an instant process. It takes time to slowly gather and build up the gold, then spending them only during level up so you watch how much you’re spending.

Also, the arena that you’re missing also provides shards, that convert to ISO, which can be converted into gold when sold.

From experience, an arena milestone grinder (ie just doing basic milestones of 1.5m/4m/12m) is much less likely to run into gold problems than non arena grinders. (It doesn’t take much time too tbh, just do it when watching television or something)
    Yeah that is true. And in the end its a choice. Personally, i liked the gold for cash offer they had recently. Much more efficient for me lmao. I can get a few mil worth of gold for an hour over overtime at work lol. Beats many hours of arena grinding for the same amount of gold for me. Luckily i have that as an option if the offer comes back
    edited July 2022
    @Captainaiden @Demonzfyre @Daniem
    Those who are saying there is enough gold just show me through calculation include all contents worth of a whole month

1. Eq
    2. Sq
    3. Alliance quest( 4 set)
    4. Aw whole season
    5. Incursions
    And i beg you just show me how many 5 stars can you max even if you do all this for whole month 100%.

1.Master, uc, cav meq 100% = 120000+240000+960000=13200000=1.3 million

2.This sq being the highest supplier of gold
    Gives = 1.2m + 0.75m +0.3m +0.05m= 2.3m

3.Aq four sets and lets say u brought all 10 gold crystals for 4 set= 40 golden crystal
    Lets put the rng in your favor and say it gives5000 golds per crystal. = 200k= 0.2 million

4. Aw doesn't have any gold on season rewards surprisingly funny.

5. Lemmme include the so called biggest source of gold after arena- INCURSIONS

Sec 7 gives 420000= 0.42m whole 10 zone completion
    Sec 8 gives = 0.47m gold from 10 zones
    These are for whole month.
    Next come to milestones 110000 that refreshes every 5 days so for a month multipled by 6

110000*6= 660000= 0.66m

Total from incursion(keeping in mind you are on tier1) of that for a whole month= 0.42+0.47+0.66=1.55 million

Total from all of the above content
    =1.3+2.3+0.2+1.55=5.35million

What it takes to rank up 1 5 star champ from rank 1 to rank 5=3.1million

Not enough gold to even max 2 5 stars for whole month. And you think doing all the above content for whole month doesn't take time?

I just excluded the arena and included all refreshing and monthly contents

Those who are saying there is enough gold just show me through calculation include all contents worth of a whole month

1. Eq
    2. Sq
    4. Aw whole season

And i beg you just show me how many 5 stars can you max even if you do all this for whole month 100%.

3.Aq four sets and lets say u brought all 10 gold crystals for 4 set= 40 golden crystal
    Lets put the rng in your favor and say it gives5000 golds per crystal. = 200k= 0.2 million

Next come to milestones 110000 that refreshes every 5 days so for a month multipled by 6

110000*6= 660000= 0.66m

Total from incursion(keeping in mind you are on tier1) of that for a whole month= 0.42+0.47+0.66=1.55 million

Not enough gold to even max 2 5 stars for whole month. And you think doing all the above content for whole month doesn't take time?

The photo of excel sheet isn't mine somone on forums posted it. I had it downloaded
  • @Captainaiden @Demonzfyre @Daniem

1. Eq
    2. Sq
    4. Aw whole season

110000*6= 660000= 0.66m

You can't exclude the arena....

1. Eq
    2. Sq
    4. Aw whole season

110000*6= 660000= 0.66m

You can't exclude the arena....
    That's what i am saying. Just because you don't like arena you can't have a basic rank up material. Even if you play most other contents. Thats what is called "shortage" or "imbalance of gold availability distribution"
    I think ideally, the best way would be to get enough of each resource without having to grind all content. For example, those who dislike incursions, or arena, or eq, etc. Because once you tell someone that each month, they need to grind all Eq, incursions every week, all the arena milestones every 3 days or so, as well as the usual aw/aq, and then potentially BG as well,.....it just becomes a lot. Especially for those who still need to explore story/variants too. At that point i guess its pick and choose. But it becomes a lot. I do agree in the end its a choice for sure. How do you want to spend your free time. And in game, what resource do you value the most/is most efficient/what you enjoy the most
    I forgot to also add in the side quests too lol, but that can greatly vary month to month