**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gold Issue again...and again...

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★

@Captainaiden @Demonzfyre @Daniem
    Those who are saying there is enough gold just show me through calculation include all contents worth of a whole month

1. Eq
    2. Sq
    3. Alliance quest( 4 set)
    4. Aw whole season

And i beg you just show me how many 5 stars can you max even if you do all this for whole month 100%.

1.Master, uc, cav meq 100% = 120000+240000+960000=13200000=1.3 million

2.This sq being the highest supplier of gold
    Gives = 1.2m + 0.75m +0.3m +0.05m= 2.3m

3.Aq four sets and lets say u brought all 10 gold crystals for 4 set= 40 golden crystal
    Lets put the rng in your favor and say it gives5000 golds per crystal. = 200k= 0.2 million

4. Aw doesn't have any gold on season rewards surprisingly funny.

5. Lemmme include the so called biggest source of gold after arena- INCURSIONS

Sec 7 gives 420000= 0.42m whole 10 zone completion
    Sec 8 gives = 0.47m gold from 10 zones
    These are for whole month.
    Next come to milestones 110000 that refreshes every 5 days so for a month multipled by 6

110000*6= 660000= 0.66m

Total from incursion(keeping in mind you are on tier1) of that for a whole month= 0.42+0.47+0.66=1.55 million

Total from all of the above content
    =1.3+2.3+0.2+1.55=5.35million

What it takes to rank up 1 5 star champ from rank 1 to rank 5=3.1million

Not enough gold to even max 2 5 stars for whole month. And you think doing all the above content for whole month doesn't take time?

I just excluded the arena and included all refreshing and monthly contents

You can't exclude the arena....
    That's what i am saying. Just because you don't like arena you can't have a basic rank up material. Even if you play most other contents. Thats what is called "shortage" or "imbalance of gold availability distribution"
    No, that's not a shortage. A shortage means there aren't enough places to get the gold you want. If you don't understand that basic concept, then the rest of the data you presented is invalid.
  • redsoxpatsfan89redsoxpatsfan89 Posts: 162
    To be fair (although i agree when it comes to arena) some actually do enjoy running arena, so shouldnt exclude based on preference. And as far as rng is concerned, you the use the average gold as the value. But o do agree, i dont like arena and dont find it worth it myself
  • redsoxpatsfan89redsoxpatsfan89 Posts: 162
    edited July 2022
    And ignore the tons of typos in my post lol
  • laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,379 ★★★★

In before topic gets flooded with:
    1. "What gold problem, I have hundreds of millions of gold"
    2. Unlimited gold in arena

Disclaimer, I'm not saying I agree with any of the above myself or agreeing or disagreeing with the post, just summarizing what's in the near future of this post.

Hard to disagree with facts
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Those who are saying there is enough gold just show me through calculation include all contents worth of a whole month

1. Eq
    2. Sq
    4. Aw whole season

And i beg you just show me how many 5 stars can you max even if you do all this for whole month 100%.

3.Aq four sets and lets say u brought all 10 gold crystals for 4 set= 40 golden crystal
    Lets put the rng in your favor and say it gives5000 golds per crystal. = 200k= 0.2 million

Next come to milestones 110000 that refreshes every 5 days so for a month multipled by 6

110000*6= 660000= 0.66m

Total from incursion(keeping in mind you are on tier1) of that for a whole month= 0.42+0.47+0.66=1.55 million

Not enough gold to even max 2 5 stars for whole month. And you think doing all the above content for whole month doesn't take time?

You can because arena gold gain is based on RNG from crystals and is entirely dependent on how much you can do. For me to get through my entire roster of 6* would take me well over 2 hours to go through. It isn't fun and no, not everyone has time to devote to sitting there for hours.
    But you can't say there's a gold shortage if you're not willing to do that part of the game.
    You absolutely can. Doing the most boring part of the game should not be a requirement just to rank champions at a reasonable rate. If I recall correctly, one million battlechips equates to about 3m gold. I can get that in about a month if I try but it is the exact opposite of fun. I'll have finished milestones well before I finished my 6* roster. Most aren't saying they aren't willing to do the mode, but that that one mode being the only reliable source of enough gold isn't good design. Bumping gold elsewhere to make it so people aren't constantly fighting with expiring resources isn't going to break things. No one is saying make the MEQ and SQ give 10m gold a month. Getting cav difficulty to 1.5-2m gold isn't game breaking at all, but would be a massive help to a majority of players. Bumping incursions gold to be a meaningful amount wouldn't be game breaking and might get people more involved in them again.
    It should be a reasonable requirement to rank up champs at a reasonable rate, which it is. What is unreasonable is to think that by not doing it the other areas should compensate for the lack of resources you’re having due to not doing the thing that earns the most of said resource.
  • Fireftr29Fireftr29 Posts: 5
    You don't need unlimited time in arena I just hit about 800k in 4* and 9 mil in 6* doesn't take long during the week and have about 50 mil in gold all the complaining you could have done a little grinding
  • SL1229SL1229 Posts: 61
    I personally have a decent amount of gold (~100M) and don't need that much. Would love to trade my gold for battlechips with other players in the game so that I can trade those in for possible units or energy.

1. Eq
    2. Sq
    4. Aw whole season

110000*6= 660000= 0.66m

You can because arena gold gain is based on RNG from crystals and is entirely dependent on how much you can do. For me to get through my entire roster of 6* would take me well over 2 hours to go through. It isn't fun and no, not everyone has time to devote to sitting there for hours.
    But you can't say there's a gold shortage if you're not willing to do that part of the game.
    You absolutely can. Doing the most boring part of the game should not be a requirement just to rank champions at a reasonable rate. If I recall correctly, one million battlechips equates to about 3m gold. I can get that in about a month if I try but it is the exact opposite of fun. I'll have finished milestones well before I finished my 6* roster. Most aren't saying they aren't willing to do the mode, but that that one mode being the only reliable source of enough gold isn't good design. Bumping gold elsewhere to make it so people aren't constantly fighting with expiring resources isn't going to break things. No one is saying make the MEQ and SQ give 10m gold a month. Getting cav difficulty to 1.5-2m gold isn't game breaking at all, but would be a massive help to a majority of players. Bumping incursions gold to be a meaningful amount wouldn't be game breaking and might get people more involved in them again.
    So is there a shortage of R4 mats if I don't want to do any of the Carinas challenges?
  • The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★

1. Eq
    2. Sq
    4. Aw whole season

110000*6= 660000= 0.66m

So is there a shortage of R4 mats if I don't want to do any of the Carinas challenges?
    Funny you comparing one of the rarest resource in the game to a resource that is required for even ranking up 1 star.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Using the same logic, can someone say that they are lacking rank up materials if they don’t do story quests?
    xNig said:

Using the same logic, can someone say that they are lacking rank up materials if they don’t do story quests?

Same logic for everything really. We went through this we TB and Paragon now in terms of rank up resources. Abyss was a major topic of discussion because there were many who didn't want to do abyss to get TB back in the day. We could say there's a lack of 6* shards because I don't want to do Cav difficulty etc..

xNig said:

Same logic for everything really. We went through this we TB and Paragon now in terms of rank up resources. Abyss was a major topic of discussion because there were many who didn't want to do abyss to get TB back in the day. We could say there's a lack of 6* shards because I don't want to do Cav difficulty etc..
    Yeah, agreed.

Resources are spread out across the game in the many modes. Arena is the mode that provides an unlimited amount of gold, apart from SQ EQ Story etc. If someone has insufficient gold, they’ve to find a way to get it, and arena is there 24/7.

1. Eq
    2. Sq
    4. Aw whole season

110000*6= 660000= 0.66m

You'd have a point if Kabam didn't continually add different ways of getting r4 materials. There are currently several ways to earn r4 materials that weren't there last year. EOP is on it's second cycle and BGs are still in beta but both reward r4 materials. What doesn't EOP offer? Gold. Yet it offers two full r4 catalysts. If they hadn't expanded on ways of getting r4 materials, the answer to your question would be yes there would be a shortage.
    You're literally at the point but some how still missed it. So Kabam hasn't expanded ways of getting gold? They haven't added in places to get it from or given unlimited gold in several modes?

And just to be that guy because it's who I am but.... EOP gives you 1 gold per initial fight completion.
  • Hopper13131Hopper13131 Posts: 65
    WeLL iF yOu JuSt gRiNd ArEna fOr 6 HoUrs eVeRy DaY

As if EQ, SQ, AQ, AW, EoP, and story isn't enough content. Absolutely delusional.

People are totally missing that the rate of acquiring rank up materials has increased ever since they introduced r4s. But gold income hasn't kept up with the increase in access to rank up materials. I'm sitting on 3-6 T5C for every class, but I have zero gold. There is absolutely a gold problem and not a "just go do arena for 6 hours on top of all the other duties you have for your alliance, EQ, SQ, EoP, story progression/exploration, and your life". It's great that you guys have time to grind arena, but most don't. And it's so odd to me when players are blatantly obtuse about gold income. God forbid other players get a boost to gold income that don't grind away at the game for 12 hours/day.

Did we all forget that Kabam had a 1 million gold for $10 offer a couple weeks ago? Do you think they just pulled that idea out of thin air? Or is it that their data showed that players were in need of gold?
  • Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 513 ★★★
    I feel like this is especially true for late game players, but it seems most people forget what the grind was like early on. Waiting multiple AQ cycles while doing EQ and side EQ to max 1 5*. They've made things so much faster that we are groomed to want to rank up our Champs faster as well. This type of game literally depends on us always needing one thing or another, just kind of the nature of it. At least that is all my take on it. I too am lacking in the gold department as well, and refuse to do arena, but I don't mind the wait. Gives me things to work towards.
    DNA3000 said:

If you don't like AQ, good luck ranking up champs, even if you play most other contents. The only other places you can get significant amount of catalysts is in non-repeatable content (such as the story arc content). Once it is gone, it is gone.

People talk about the millions of gold necessary to rank up a 6* from rank 1 to rank 3. Where are they supposed to get the fifteen T2A, or the seven T5B? If you're doing AQ, these things fall from the sky. If you don't?

The 2.5 million gold it takes to level up and rank up a 6* champ from 1/1 to 3/45 is something you could grind in the arena in less than a month. In fact I typically do it in about three weeks. Show me where I can get fifteen T2A and seven T5B in three weeks, outside of AQ, month after month after month.

The position seems to be, if you don't like arena someone should do something about that, but if you don't like AQ then tough. I'll care about the so-called gold shortage when every other shortage gets fixed for players who want to avoid a segment of the game.

Which is not going to happen, because if everyone could get everything while ignoring every part of the game, the game would soon be not worth playing. I sympathize with people who don't want to grind arena up to a point, but if their gameplay choices are going to get special treatment, I'm going to demand it for everyone else. If people can ignore arena and still get everything they want, I'm going to demand the reciprocal treatment: getting everyone I want just by grinding arena. Specifically catalysts.

Everyone gets special treatment, or no one does.

Your entire argument is just a bunch of fallacies and essentially saying "I spend an excessive amount of time playing this game, so everyone has to suffer since they don't spend tens of hours every month doing arena". It's honestly delusional, fallacious, nonsense. The payout in arena is atrocious, and most players don't have the time. Your expectation is that players prioritize arena over doing actual game content. It's great that you get enough gold doing the oldest, most outdated, and boring content in the game. I spend probably 5 hours playing every day and I don't find myself ever having time to do arena. I'm exploring EQ, SQ, act 7, variants, doing AQ, AW, EoP...

You've been here a long time, and I assume you have almost all the content completed/explored. Of course you're going to find yourself doing arena because you ran out of content to do. Most players aren't anywhere near that point. Most players are spending their time working through content. You want them to stop playing the actual content to just grind in the arena for a whole day and get maybe 1/10th of a rank up worth of gold?

You are probably a top 5% player telling everyone else to suck it up because you have enough time to suffer through arena. I'm sorry, but get some common sense. Not everyone is a top player, and not everyone plays as much as you, and not everyone has all the content finished where they can just go grind arena. Not everyone wants to grind arena, and arena is a terribly slow source of gold income. And there's others in here saying they have hundreds of millions of gold stored up from arena. Awesome. It's a bunch of top % players telling the rest of the playerbase that they're just lazy plebs.

You aren't sympathizing with anyone to any point. You're an endgame player, not an average player. Average players are having problems. This thread is you, demonzfyre, and other top players telling the average players that their gold problems are unfounded or because average players don't slave away in arena. If you can't see that Kabam has been putting out gold offers lately, and that they market based on their data, then I don't know what to tell you. There is absolutely an argument to be made about gold income regardless of your logical fallacies and the opinions from players at the top. You don't represent the average player.

But most importantly... What harm does it do to you or anybody else if average players, who don't devote their time to arena, get more gold? Why are you abhorrently negative about this?
    edited July 2022
    @Hopper13131 what content have you completed or explored in game?

My guess is that you’ve done loads of completion but skipped a lot of exploration. But that’s just me taking a stab in the dark.

Also, how do you spend your gold?
    xNig said:

My guess is that you’ve done loads of completion but skipped a lot of exploration. But that’s just me taking a stab in the dark.

I've explored all of the content up to act 6 and I'm exploring act 7 now, and I'm 1 r4 away from paragon. I spend my gold on rank ups, what else?

My thing here is that Kabam has absolutely ramped up access to rank up materials, but not gold. And nobody here wants to address that with anything other than slaving away at arena, as if that's a reasonable solution for most of the playerbase. Endgame players telling average players that it's their own fault for doing content instead of arena, when Kabam has made it clear that they are making player progression faster. With faster progression and more access to rank up materials, of course there will be higher demand for gold. This is why Kabam has been having gold offers (which I will repeatedly say because it is the clearest indicator of a gold deficit, since it's about their data instead of any of our opinions). It is anything but objective when endgame players who do grind away their lives in arena tell everyone that their problems are unfounded.
    edited July 2022

xNig said:

I've explored all of the content up to act 6 and I'm exploring act 7 now, and I'm 1 r4 away from paragon. I spend my gold on rank ups, what else?

My thing here is that Kabam has absolutely ramped up access to rank up materials, but not gold. And nobody here wants to address that with anything other than slaving away at arena, as if that's a reasonable solution for most of the playerbase. Endgame players telling average players that it's their own fault for doing content instead of arena, when Kabam has made it clear that they are making player progression faster. With faster progression and more access to rank up materials, of course there will be higher demand for gold. This is why Kabam has been having gold offers (which I will repeatedly say because it is the clearest indicator of a gold deficit, since it's about their data instead of any of our opinions). It is anything but objective when endgame players who do grind away their lives in arena tell everyone that their problems are unfounded.
    I agree with some of your points. But if you can spend 6hours daily on the game, I’m sure you can spare an hour or so on arena, it’s 20% of the time you’ll be spending in gathering a certain rank up resource. It’s the same as you spending a certain amount of time in AQ and AW, attempting to gather catalysts and shards.

How I see it, is that, quests provide rank up materials, shards and gold. AQ provide rank up materials. AW provide rank up materials, shards, and gold. This will ultimately cause an imbalance in your rank up materials income vs gold income simply because you have more active sources of rank up materials than you have gold.

With regards to gold offers, you cannot say that gold offers indicate a gold deficit for the general playerbase. Similarly, rank up materials offers do not indicate a deficit for that rank up material for the playerbase.

While I can empathize with your situation of having a lack of gold (I have the same situation on my alt), I’m leaning towards the game not having a gold problem simply because of people’s reluctance to spend time to gather gold in arena vs spending time in quests/AQ/AW to gather rank up materials.

Similarly, I won’t show sympathy for someone who complains about not having sufficient rank up resources or shards if they spend all their time in arena and do not do AQ/AW/quests.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

1. Eq
    2. Sq
    4. Aw whole season
    5. Incursions

110000*6= 660000= 0.66m

Are we supposed to go from R1 to Max in one sitting? I know we CAN, does that make it fiscally sound?

DNA3000 said:

If you don't like AQ, good luck ranking up champs, even if you play most other contents. The only other places you can get significant amount of catalysts is in non-repeatable content (such as the story arc content). Once it is gone, it is gone.

People talk about the millions of gold necessary to rank up a 6* from rank 1 to rank 3. Where are they supposed to get the fifteen T2A, or the seven T5B? If you're doing AQ, these things fall from the sky. If you don't?

The 2.5 million gold it takes to level up and rank up a 6* champ from 1/1 to 3/45 is something you could grind in the arena in less than a month. In fact I typically do it in about three weeks. Show me where I can get fifteen T2A and seven T5B in three weeks, outside of AQ, month after month after month.

The position seems to be, if you don't like arena someone should do something about that, but if you don't like AQ then tough. I'll care about the so-called gold shortage when every other shortage gets fixed for players who want to avoid a segment of the game.

Which is not going to happen, because if everyone could get everything while ignoring every part of the game, the game would soon be not worth playing. I sympathize with people who don't want to grind arena up to a point, but if their gameplay choices are going to get special treatment, I'm going to demand it for everyone else. If people can ignore arena and still get everything they want, I'm going to demand the reciprocal treatment: getting everyone I want just by grinding arena. Specifically catalysts.

Everyone gets special treatment, or no one does.

Your entire argument is just a bunch of fallacies and essentially saying "I spend an excessive amount of time playing this game, so everyone has to suffer since they don't spend tens of hours every month doing arena". It's honestly delusional, fallacious, nonsense. The payout in arena is atrocious, and most players don't have the time. Your expectation is that players prioritize arena over doing actual game content. It's great that you get enough gold doing the oldest, most outdated, and boring content in the game. I spend probably 5 hours playing every day and I don't find myself ever having time to do arena. I'm exploring EQ, SQ, act 7, variants, doing AQ, AW, EoP...

You've been here a long time, and I assume you have almost all the content completed/explored. Of course you're going to find yourself doing arena because you ran out of content to do. Most players aren't anywhere near that point. Most players are spending their time working through content. You want them to stop playing the actual content to just grind in the arena for a whole day and get maybe 1/10th of a rank up worth of gold?

You are probably a top 5% player telling everyone else to suck it up because you have enough time to suffer through arena. I'm sorry, but get some common sense. Not everyone is a top player, and not everyone plays as much as you, and not everyone has all the content finished where they can just go grind arena. Not everyone wants to grind arena, and arena is a terribly slow source of gold income. And there's others in here saying they have hundreds of millions of gold stored up from arena. Awesome. It's a bunch of top % players telling the rest of the playerbase that they're just lazy plebs.

You aren't sympathizing with anyone to any point. You're an endgame player, not an average player. Average players are having problems. This thread is you, demonzfyre, and other top players telling the average players that their gold problems are unfounded or because average players don't slave away in arena. If you can't see that Kabam has been putting out gold offers lately, and that they market based on their data, then I don't know what to tell you. There is absolutely an argument to be made about gold income regardless of your logical fallacies and the opinions from players at the top. You don't represent the average player.

But most importantly... What harm does it do to you or anybody else if average players, who don't devote their time to arena, get more gold? Why are you abhorrently negative about this?
    I'm not a top player in any stretch of the imagination. I've played this game since the beginning though. You claim DNAs post is full of fallacies yet you say that Kabam has been "putting out gold offers lately". That isn't true. They've had 1 offer for strictly gold.

We're telling you from experience that this game has bottlenecks with all resources at one point or another. We're "negative" because it's the same story over and over. You think that you should have all the resources available anytime you want to rank up someone.

The more you focus on 6*'s the more you'll see that T4cc is a bottleneck. T5b will also become more scarce. Gold will be the least of your worries.