**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gold Issue again...and again...

Comments

• CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 775 ★★★

@Captainaiden @Demonzfyre @Daniem
    Those who are saying there is enough gold just show me through calculation include all contents worth of a whole month

1. Eq
    2. Sq
    3. Alliance quest( 4 set)
    4. Aw whole season
    5. Incursions
    And i beg you just show me how many 5 stars can you max even if you do all this for whole month 100%.

1.Master, uc, cav meq 100% = 120000+240000+960000=13200000=1.3 million

2.This sq being the highest supplier of gold
    Gives = 1.2m + 0.75m +0.3m +0.05m= 2.3m

3.Aq four sets and lets say u brought all 10 gold crystals for 4 set= 40 golden crystal
    Lets put the rng in your favor and say it gives5000 golds per crystal. = 200k= 0.2 million

4. Aw doesn't have any gold on season rewards surprisingly funny.

5. Lemmme include the so called biggest source of gold after arena- INCURSIONS

Sec 7 gives 420000= 0.42m whole 10 zone completion
    Sec 8 gives = 0.47m gold from 10 zones
    These are for whole month.
    Next come to milestones 110000 that refreshes every 5 days so for a month multipled by 6

110000*6= 660000= 0.66m

Total from incursion(keeping in mind you are on tier1) of that for a whole month= 0.42+0.47+0.66=1.55 million

Total from all of the above content
    =1.3+2.3+0.2+1.55=5.35million

What it takes to rank up 1 5 star champ from rank 1 to rank 5=3.1million

Not enough gold to even max 2 5 stars for whole month. And you think doing all the above content for whole month doesn't take time?

I just excluded the arena and included all refreshing and monthly contents

Crying in arena

Also i didn't up 5 star anymore, because 5 star is the new 4 star. Do you one shot rank up 5 star from rank 1 to rank 5?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I think it's still important to distinguish between "There is a Gold shortage.", and "I have a Gold shortage.".
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Those who are saying there is enough gold just show me through calculation include all contents worth of a whole month

1. Eq
    2. Sq
    4. Aw whole season
    5. Incursions
    And i beg you just show me how many 5 stars can you max even if you do all this for whole month 100%.

3.Aq four sets and lets say u brought all 10 gold crystals for 4 set= 40 golden crystal
    Lets put the rng in your favor and say it gives5000 golds per crystal. = 200k= 0.2 million

Next come to milestones 110000 that refreshes every 5 days so for a month multipled by 6

110000*6= 660000= 0.66m

Total from incursion(keeping in mind you are on tier1) of that for a whole month= 0.42+0.47+0.66=1.55 million

Not enough gold to even max 2 5 stars for whole month. And you think doing all the above content for whole month doesn't take time?

So let's look at the other side of the equation. How much catalysts can you get doing all of the above. Let's start with the fixed stuff first. Using the data from the EQ reward buff announcement (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/307647/we-are-updating-event-quest-rewards-for-master-uncollected-and-cavalier-summoners) and assuming someone fully explores Master, Uncollected, and Cavalier, they will end up getting the following (just catalysts):

T1A: 6
    T4B: 7.4
    T2A: 6.2
    T4CC: 21.6
    T5B: 2
    T5CC: 20%

This month's side quest, assuming you can get everything from the store and the objectives (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/307758/this-july-are-you-ready-to-take-on-the-fight-of-the-valkyrie), would be:

T1A: 11
    T4B: 12
    T2A: 4
    T4CC: 12
    T5CC: 15%

Total:

T1A: 17
    T4B: 19.4
    T2A: 10.2
    T4CC: 33.6
    T5B: 4
    T5CC: 35%

We were comparing to ranking up two 5* champs from rank 1 to rank 5. This would cost, in catalysts:

T1A: 32
    T4B: 24
    T2A: 20
    T4CC: 26

Let's focus on just one shortage: T2A. You're missing ten. Where are you going to get them? Not from Incursions. And even a Platinum alliance only gets four every six weeks. Let's round up and say that's three every month, more or less. That leaves you seven short of your goal of ranking two 5* champs from rank 1 to rank 5 in one month. Those basically have to come from AQ. They can come from story, but you can only get those rewards once. They aren't a long term solution. You decided to eliminate arena entirely. I'm going to knock out AQ, as just one single game mode out of all of them that a player decides not to play. Now what?

You don't have enough gold to rank two 5* champs from rank 1 to rank 5. But you don't have enough catalysts to do that anyway.

Now, you might say AQ is not all that time consuming compared to arena, but let's use your numbers to see what the time required would be. Your calculations (which I won't independently verify, I'll simply take as a given) show it takes 6.2 million gold to rank two 5* champs from rank 1 to rank 5, and the total gold in the month was 5.35 million. So you're 850k short. How long would that take to earn in the arena? Well, using my data from March 2020, my calculations at the time measured 42322 gold per hour (before I switched to suicides, by the way). This means it would take 20 hours to earn 850k gold, spent across one month (this would also generate 1160 units, but let's set that aside). That's an average of 40 minutes per day. This is not an insignificant amount of time, but it is in the same ballpark with the time spent on AQ.

In actuality, the time spent would be significantly lower, because these numbers come from before arena milestones were adjusted upward and before the permanent 30% gold boost. I would not be surprised if that number was closer to 60k per hour and the total time was closer to 15 hours per month, but I haven't remeasured since then.

At least in this specific example, you need AQ to do those rank ups in the first place. And if you spend a comparable amount of time in the arena as you do in AQ, you would bridge the gold gap and have over a thousand units on top to show for it. That seems to be an entirely reasonable level of effort to ask.

(Note: I scribbled these calculations down from the announcements: if anyone spots a calculation error please let me know and I will update).
  • redsoxpatsfan89redsoxpatsfan89 Posts: 162
    I will say, only 40-60k gold per hour, no wonder i dont see much of a difference in gold. Definitely makes me really dislike arena even more. And yes its a preference, and its my own fault because its a free way to get gold too. But for me, 60k gold an hour is just not worth it. I think im just gonna hope for more of those cash for gold offers lol. That $10 for 1 mil gold (15-20 hours of arena grinding by the calculations), and just need to work like 15min of overtime (gotta account for taxes), sign me up! Thats some value there. Lmao
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Is there a gold problem?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

I will say, only 40-60k gold per hour, no wonder i dont see much of a difference in gold. Definitely makes me really dislike arena even more. And yes its a preference, and its my own fault because its a free way to get gold too. But for me, 60k gold an hour is just not worth it. I think im just gonna hope for more of those cash for gold offers lol. That $10 for 1 mil gold (15-20 hours of arena grinding by the calculations), and just need to work like 15min of overtime (gotta account for taxes), sign me up! Thats some value there. Lmao

Or..... Just manage your rank-up more efficiently.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 756 ★★★
    I think people are forgetting possibly the largest source of gold in the game... Selling ISO.

Duping one 4-6 star gives 24 bricks or 60K gold. Sure duping one doesn't do much, but you would be surprised how over a week you can accumulate 10+ without too much effort through various means in the game.

For someone recently graduating to a new star level and rarely duping champs, this doesn't help much, but anyone who has played the game for a little while will quickly amass a full roster of 4 stars (or close enough to it) / and the iso rolls in faster than you can spend it at regular times (post July 4th deals when you are ranking up several 6 star R3/R4s... definately an exception).

Buying extra crystals certainly adds more to this (thus how youtubers who showcase spending on featured cavs typically have so much gold)... but even without spending... it should be enough to rank up champs at a reasonable clip.

Players are always I'd love to say "hey, I can rank up another champ", I just need XYZ resource. Some seem laughable like a Paragon player looking for T4B / T4CC... but all resources are meant to mean something or they would be a waste to include the in the game, and that would include gold.
  • CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 775 ★★★
    GOTG said:

Is there a gold problem?

I don't know dude, people tend to blame someone of something they didn't want to do

Man, gold is not an issue
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    This is an issue that Kabam addresses periodically, but ultimately it’s always quite far behind the curve which is why non-whales and non-grinders struggle.

We now have the Paragon title in game but only have Uncollected Gold Crystals. The glory store only sells regular gold crystals, so there’s very easy scope for an increase in my opinion.

The thing that I disagree with wholeheartedly is that gold should become a choke point for players, especially players like myself who always explore EQ/SQ. I’m a player who doesn’t rank up willy nilly. Im currently sitting on a lot of catalyst because I know in the off season I will have to make rank ups for defence and the reason I’m not ranking anyone right now is because I need to have the gold to rank up a defender. Does it not feel crazy that I’m happily sitting on the resources to take 2-3 champions to R3 and my concern is gold.

If I had my way, - standby for a radical perspective - rank ups wouldn’t cost gold as the cost for the rank up is found in the catalyst, and their acquisition which in many cases was obtained with the help of units (revives etc.) and loyalty (AW potions), so there’s already a heavy cost associated with the actual rank up. The use of ISO should cost gold, but not catalyst.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★

DNA3000 said:

If you don't like AQ, good luck ranking up champs, even if you play most other contents. The only other places you can get significant amount of catalysts is in non-repeatable content (such as the story arc content). Once it is gone, it is gone.

People talk about the millions of gold necessary to rank up a 6* from rank 1 to rank 3. Where are they supposed to get the fifteen T2A, or the seven T5B? If you're doing AQ, these things fall from the sky. If you don't?

The 2.5 million gold it takes to level up and rank up a 6* champ from 1/1 to 3/45 is something you could grind in the arena in less than a month. In fact I typically do it in about three weeks. Show me where I can get fifteen T2A and seven T5B in three weeks, outside of AQ, month after month after month.

The position seems to be, if you don't like arena someone should do something about that, but if you don't like AQ then tough. I'll care about the so-called gold shortage when every other shortage gets fixed for players who want to avoid a segment of the game.

Which is not going to happen, because if everyone could get everything while ignoring every part of the game, the game would soon be not worth playing. I sympathize with people who don't want to grind arena up to a point, but if their gameplay choices are going to get special treatment, I'm going to demand it for everyone else. If people can ignore arena and still get everything they want, I'm going to demand the reciprocal treatment: getting everyone I want just by grinding arena. Specifically catalysts.

Everyone gets special treatment, or no one does.

Your entire argument is just a bunch of fallacies and essentially saying "I spend an excessive amount of time playing this game, so everyone has to suffer since they don't spend tens of hours every month doing arena". It's honestly delusional, fallacious, nonsense. The payout in arena is atrocious, and most players don't have the time. Your expectation is that players prioritize arena over doing actual game content. It's great that you get enough gold doing the oldest, most outdated, and boring content in the game. I spend probably 5 hours playing every day and I don't find myself ever having time to do arena. I'm exploring EQ, SQ, act 7, variants, doing AQ, AW, EoP...

You've been here a long time, and I assume you have almost all the content completed/explored. Of course you're going to find yourself doing arena because you ran out of content to do. Most players aren't anywhere near that point. Most players are spending their time working through content. You want them to stop playing the actual content to just grind in the arena for a whole day and get maybe 1/10th of a rank up worth of gold?

You are probably a top 5% player telling everyone else to suck it up because you have enough time to suffer through arena. I'm sorry, but get some common sense. Not everyone is a top player, and not everyone plays as much as you, and not everyone has all the content finished where they can just go grind arena. Not everyone wants to grind arena, and arena is a terribly slow source of gold income. And there's others in here saying they have hundreds of millions of gold stored up from arena. Awesome. It's a bunch of top % players telling the rest of the playerbase that they're just lazy plebs.

You aren't sympathizing with anyone to any point. You're an endgame player, not an average player. Average players are having problems. This thread is you, demonzfyre, and other top players telling the average players that their gold problems are unfounded or because average players don't slave away in arena. If you can't see that Kabam has been putting out gold offers lately, and that they market based on their data, then I don't know what to tell you. There is absolutely an argument to be made about gold income regardless of your logical fallacies and the opinions from players at the top. You don't represent the average player.

But most importantly... What harm does it do to you or anybody else if average players, who don't devote their time to arena, get more gold? Why are you abhorrently negative about this?
    I think your mistaken… AQ is currently the most boring repetitive content that exists in the game - same nodes/same champs/ same fights 5 days out of 8 🤦‍♂️. However, it over much needed resources so we must suffer it..

Arena is easy to do while watching tv and is somewhere can test champs and learn new skills - whilst earning needed resources. Sounds like a win
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    All these topics make me wonder

What if Gold didn't exist and you just used ISO to level up (and catalysts to rank up, of course)

How different would MCoC be?
  • BocksaroxBocksarox Posts: 329 ★★★
    I only level up champs during Level Up events. I only level to the point where I hit all the milestones. I use specific class iso and sell the basic. I don't do arena or incursions regularly, but I'm doing everything else. I still struggle with gold.

Taking a rank 1 6* from level 1 to level 25 costs approximately 400k gold, and it only earns you half of the required points toward the full milestones from the Level Up event. Let's call it 800k gold per Level Up event (unless you are ranking lower rarity champs in order to level them which can be considered a waste). So, 800k every 4 days and about 7-8 Level Up events in a month, which averages out to 6mil gold per month JUST on Level Up events. I haven't even ranked any of those theoretical champs at this point!

I don't think the issue has anything to do with people ranking/leveling too aggressively.
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,234 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

1. Eq
    2. Sq
    4. Aw whole season
    5. Incursions

110000*6= 660000= 0.66m

So let's look at the other side of the equation. How much catalysts can you get doing all of the above. Let's start with the fixed stuff first. Using the data from the EQ reward buff announcement (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/307647/we-are-updating-event-quest-rewards-for-master-uncollected-and-cavalier-summoners) and assuming someone fully explores Master, Uncollected, and Cavalier, they will end up getting the following (just catalysts):

T1A: 6
    T4B: 7.4
    T2A: 6.2
    T4CC: 21.6
    T5CC: 20%

This month's side quest, assuming you can get everything from the store and the objectives (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/307758/this-july-are-you-ready-to-take-on-the-fight-of-the-valkyrie), would be:

T1A: 11
    T4B: 12
    T2A: 4
    T4CC: 12
    T5CC: 15%

Total:

T1A: 17
    T4B: 19.4
    T2A: 10.2
    T4CC: 33.6
    T5CC: 35%

We were comparing to ranking up two 5* champs from rank 1 to rank 5. This would cost, in catalysts:

T1A: 32
    T4B: 24
    T2A: 20
    T4CC: 26

Let's focus on just one shortage: T2A. You're missing ten. Where are you going to get them? Not from Incursions. And even a Platinum alliance only gets four every six weeks. Let's round up and say that's three every month, more or less. That leaves you seven short of your goal of ranking two 5* champs from rank 1 to rank 5 in one month. Those basically have to come from AQ. They can come from story, but you can only get those rewards once. They aren't a long term solution. You decided to eliminate arena entirely. I'm going to knock out AQ, as just one single game mode out of all of them that a player decides not to play. Now what?

You don't have enough gold to rank two 5* champs from rank 1 to rank 5. But you don't have enough catalysts to do that anyway.

Now, you might say AQ is not all that time consuming compared to arena, but let's use your numbers to see what the time required would be. Your calculations (which I won't independently verify, I'll simply take as a given) show it takes 6.2 million gold to rank two 5* champs from rank 1 to rank 5, and the total gold in the month was 5.35 million. So you're 850k short. How long would that take to earn in the arena? Well, using my data from March 2020, my calculations at the time measured 42322 gold per hour (before I switched to suicides, by the way). This means it would take 20 hours to earn 850k gold, spent across one month (this would also generate 1160 units, but let's set that aside). That's an average of 40 minutes per day. This is not an insignificant amount of time, but it is in the same ballpark with the time spent on AQ.

In actuality, the time spent would be significantly lower, because these numbers come from before arena milestones were adjusted upward and before the permanent 30% gold boost. I would not be surprised if that number was closer to 60k per hour and the total time was closer to 15 hours per month, but I haven't remeasured since then.

At least in this specific example, you need AQ to do those rank ups in the first place. And if you spend a comparable amount of time in the arena as you do in AQ, you would bridge the gold gap and have over a thousand units on top to show for it. That seems to be an entirely reasonable level of effort to ask.

(Note: I scribbled these calculations down from the announcements: if anyone spots a calculation error please let me know and I will update).
    Just want to chime that I'm a TB player that doesn't do arena, aw and only once in a few weeks aq for some glory. The limiting resource for my rank ups is gold.

Or..... Just manage your rank-up more efficiently.
    True. Not arguing about arena being an option. Just i dont like the trickle effect on the gold. It adds up over time. But i rather find the most efficient way possible while being able to maximize all my available resources for rankups. I have a lot of champs i want to rank up. I can be more efficient, if you mean just waiting until i get more gold in time. Not sure how else to be more efficient with rankups. I dont level up every champ i get. But i have everything else i need to rank up my champs but gold. Again i know i can do arena, but it will take months on grinding to really show, in my opinion. I rather spend my ingame time doing other things i enjoy then arena. And again its all my own opinion
    In my opinion i think the lack of gold that many (not all by any means) have right now including me is more of a result of the mass amount of rank up mats from things like the july 4th deals, with an imbalance of rank up mats compared to gold. Or atleast thats where my issue comes in. Usually i can manage to keep a balance. But july 4th threw the balance way off. I know it will probably level out for the most part and i will just go back to my usual gold struggle where if i sell enough iso, i can balance it out. Just hate that i have a ton of rank up options, and all the other mats except gold.
  • ArifuteraArifutera Posts: 210 ★★★
    Gold shortage is real, please look into it kabam
  • Hopper13131Hopper13131 Posts: 65

In my opinion i think the lack of gold that many (not all by any means) have right now including me is more of a result of the mass amount of rank up mats from things like the july 4th deals, with an imbalance of rank up mats compared to gold. Or atleast thats where my issue comes in. Usually i can manage to keep a balance. But july 4th threw the balance way off. I know it will probably level out for the most part and i will just go back to my usual gold struggle where if i sell enough iso, i can balance it out. Just hate that i have a ton of rank up options, and all the other mats except gold.

Very much could be the case of July 4th deals, and it could balance out over time. But when I'm sitting on 3+ T5CC for every class and 30 T4CC for most classes, I can't imagine this balancing out any time soon. I have many champions planned for rank ups, but it takes obnoxiously long to accumulate the gold unless you slave away in arena. I'd rather chase after R4 materials than chase for scraps of gold
  • Hopper13131Hopper13131 Posts: 65
    edited July 2022

Players are always I'd love to say "hey, I can rank up another champ", I just need XYZ resource. Some seem laughable like a Paragon player looking for T4B / T4CC... but all resources are meant to mean something or they would be a waste to include the in the game, and that would include gold.

I don't think the game is in an interesting or fun state when the bottleneck for non-grinders is the most primitive resource in the game. Rank up materials should always be the bottleneck. Give players a reason to explore content for rank up materials rather than forcing players into mindless arena grinding.

I will always feel that bottlenecks shouldn't be primitive resources. I don't even know the last game I played where the bottleneck was a primitive resource that you have access to on day 1.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

I will say, only 40-60k gold per hour, no wonder i dont see much of a difference in gold. Definitely makes me really dislike arena even more.

If that was the only reward from arena grinding, not even I would do it. The thing is, that 60k gold per hour is the *smallest* reward you get from the arena. It is practically a side effect of grinding arena. And that tiny side effect is enough to completely eliminate any possibility of running out of gold above a certain relatively low level of grind.

I'm grinding for 5* and sometimes 6* champs, and I'm grinding for units via battlechips. The gold I get from the arena is just a small useful bonus. A small useful bonus that just happens to eliminate one of the bottlenecks in the game completely.
    Yeah i hear what your saying. For some its very much worth it for sure. For me and what im looking for, its just not worth the grind. Arena litterally puts me to sleep lmao. So its a struggle for me to do it. And eventually i start to fall asleep. 40k gold per hour when gold is the main resource i want and need, its just not enough incentive for me personally. Especially not when i need like 10 mil gold + right now for my rankups. If that gold was around 100k for me that may make it closer tobeing worth it. Just my personal preference
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

What if Gold didn't exist and you just used ISO to level up (and catalysts to rank up, of course)

It wouldn't be any different for me.
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,247 ★★★★
    You must have a lot of rank up resources and rank up champions.. I sell expiring iso and am at 90mil gold most of the time.. and I just rank2 and rank3 6* champions.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022

Yeah i hear what your saying. For some its very much worth it for sure. For me and what im looking for, its just not worth the grind. Arena litterally puts me to sleep lmao. So its a struggle for me to do it. And eventually i start to fall asleep. 40k gold per hour when gold is the main resource i want and need, its just not enough incentive for me personally. Especially not when i need like 10 mil gold + right now for my rankups. If that gold was around 100k for me that may make it closer tobeing worth it. Just my personal preference

Everyone started somewhere. You can’t expect instant rewards from arena. It’s a marathon that lets you accumulate gold slowly but surely as long as you control your expenditure.

You can’t say “I need $50k for this holiday around the world I’m planning but my job earns me $4k a month so I’m not gonna bother working at all.”

Personally I’m sitting at 173m gold at the moment but this was accumulated over 5 years or so of arena grinding.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

It wouldn't be any different for me.
    We'd have ISO Shortage Posts.
  • CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★
    The gold issue is even worse in Mirrorverse
    xNig said:

Everyone started somewhere. You can’t expect instant rewards from arena. It’s a marathon that lets you accumulate gold slowly but surely as long as you control your expenditure.

You can’t say “I need $50k for this holiday around the world I’m planning but my job earns me $4k a month so I’m not gonna bother working at all.”

Personally I’m sitting at 173m gold at the moment but this was accumulated over 5 years or so of arena grinding.
    Thats where playing the lottery comes in lmao. But yeah i hear what your saying, its a long grind to build it up. No quick fix. Thats my problem. I just dont find it worth the grind. But hey, arena isnt for everyone. Just those who dont do it, have to struggle with gold more-so than others who do the grind.

xNig said:

Thats where playing the lottery comes in lmao. But yeah i hear what your saying, its a long grind to build it up. No quick fix. Thats my problem. I just dont find it worth the grind. But hey, arena isnt for everyone. Just those who dont do it, have to struggle with gold more-so than others who do the grind.
    Yeah. That’s what I’m saying. It’s a choice people make. You could try watching television while grinding since it doesn’t take much attention. I HAVE to watch it when grinding else I’ll fall asleep really fast. Imagine the pain when I run out of shows to watch on Netflix and Disney+ 😂😂
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    All I know is that not having the time to do arena showed me that no other area of the game comes even remotely close to sustaining my gold reserves for rank ups like arena does.

At the rate I'm playing the game (and arena), I guess I'll rank up my next champs a year or so from now to manage my gold. Sounds reasonable.

All I know is that not having the time to do arena showed me that no other area of the game comes even remotely close to sustaining my gold reserves for rank ups like arena does.

That’s pretty true. I stopped arena for 2 months or so and my reserves dropped from close to 180m to 170m (this was across July 4th).

I buy tickets for map 8 using purely gold and did a few r1-3 and 1 r3-4 rank up during that time.