**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How much are "you" willing to spend on a generic 5* awakening ?

ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
we all know kabam dropped the ball on cyber monday deals, but i feel like we will get 5* generic deal one day.
to those who gambled and won, they have progressed and for those who strucked out they are left waiting for another chance to awaken a 5*...

it will prob be first be offered in one of those stacked expensive cache tier deals. then be offered as an odin in the near future when 5* will be more accessible.

how anyways how much are you willing to spend now for a 5* generic gem?
who will u use it on and why?
(units or dollars how much are you willing to throw down?)

Comments

• Options
    NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    0 dollars so I cant get it for free
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    $0, there are 2 available with 5.4 coming. No need for more. I don’t think I will need a third with the champs I want to rank 4 and rank 5
  • Options
    IronBlaze09IronBlaze09 Posts: 114
    I think they have nailed it with 5* awakening gems. Playing for them is far better than buying them (although it is good to see crystals for them for money). I find it better when there’s a challenge to go with it like Act 5
  • Options
    TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228
    I would have spent 100€ easily, and I am a F2P. But now that I am close to 100% LOL and there is a second one with 5.4 I don’t think I am ever going to buy one
  • Options
    JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    7bkjjp4hhws1.png
    Pls unblock our ip pls:) I know we are donkey pls let us play I spent so much time on my account:(. Pls unblock stupid donkey Persian thx
  • Options
    JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    £0 $0
  • Options
    FineFine Posts: 78
    up to ~$300
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Totally agree I wouldn’t spend $100 on a basic ag since there will be 1 available in 100% act 5. Not to say I wouldn’t buy one but it would have to be cheaper now.
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    I have to say $0 as well
  • Options
    MrMojoMrMojo Posts: 97
    $20 usd
  • Options
    SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    $100 but we all know Kabam forgets it’s a MOBILE game & it’s DIGITAL content, they have overpriced price tags on everything in this game. Buying digital content is worth nothing in the real world but I think $100 would be a fair price for one but knowing Kabam it would be $500 lol
  • Options
    OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    they will want $500 US or 15k units, lmao. I wouldn't spend a dime on this game. Everytime I do they just nerf my purchases a couple weeks to months later either directly or indirectly. I've found nothing in this game is worth real money the hard way.
  • Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    they will want $500 US or 15k units, lmao. I wouldn't spend a dime on this game. Everytime I do they just nerf my purchases a couple weeks to months later either directly or indirectly. I've found nothing in this game is worth real money the hard way.

exactly i see everyone saying they arent willing to spend but the SHEER amount of youtube creators who bought the deal and already beaten things like 100% lol they still bought it.

and kabams revenue shot through the roof with the deals because they know people will still buy it.
    look how much people are spending on grand,aster features, its crazy how people bash on the deal but dont mind opening 1000+ units worth of garanteed disapointment crystals

kabam made ALOT of revenue on the cyber monday deals even tho everyone kept bashing the deals they still bought it.
  • Options
    OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    OKAYGang wrote: »

exactly i see everyone saying they arent willing to spend but the SHEER amount of youtube creators who bought the deal and already beaten things like 100% lol they still bought it.

and kabams revenue shot through the roof with the deals because they know people will still buy it.
    look how much people are spending on grand,aster features, its crazy how people bash on the deal but dont mind opening 1000+ units worth of garanteed disapointment crystals

kabam made ALOT of revenue on the cyber monday deals even tho everyone kept bashing the deals they still bought it.

Not me, not this year. Good for those who did, but with all the bugs and just general bad attitudes by various employees of this company towards me (a former paying customer) when I have raised issues to them in the past, I can longer spend my money here. Bad product, and bad customer service = no more money from me ever. I honestly won't even be partaking on the $1 crystal.
  • Options
    DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    No more than fitty
  • Options
    $100 but we all know Kabam forgets it’s a MOBILE game & it’s DIGITAL content, they have overpriced price tags on everything in this game. Buying digital content is worth nothing in the real world but I think $100 would be a fair price for one but knowing Kabam it would be $500 lol

I personally think microtransactions have gotten far too mega in general, but I don't find this argument compelling, that "digital content" has no "real world" value. A 5* awakening crystal is a gateway to a gameplay advantage in a game that takes real time and real effort to play. If a 5* awakening gem has no real world value, then a digital copy of Guardians of the Galaxy also has no real world value. It is just digital ones and zeros that you cannot do anything with except experience it in an appropriate environment.

In fact, I think the whole comparison to the real world is harmful, not helpful. In the "real world" the price of a thing is usually set by what people are willing to pay, not by what people argue its is worth. In my opinion, that should not be the singular factor that determines the price of virtual items in a game. But in many if not most F2P games, that's the single most important factor to the price of things.
  • Options
    raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    I have only 13 5*s and only one is useful (Magik) that I was able to awaken being lucky enough to pull a 5* mystic awakening from last week's Odin special offer. (Would have been a bummer if I had gotten any other 5* awakening class). But that said, none of the remaining 12 are even worth ranking beyond 1, let alone be worthy of "awakening."

To answer the question, I think $100 is fair and square for a 5* Generic Awakening Gem.
  • Options
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    i hear some people saying they won't buy the gem because there's one coming in act 5?
    ok so that means all those people only have one 5* champ to awaken?

Between LoL and Act 5, plus a couple others that you could have gotten, plus previous offers, many players may have a lot more than one of them and for them the value of one might not be worth a huge outlay of cash.
  • Options
    ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    So many people fronting and saying they won't pay up. Plenty will pay up in this game and Kabam knows it. They put a deal out today to wake up and rank a 4* for $50.00. They did not even include the cats. That is a huge rip off. However, I guess they sold a lot or else they would not put them out
  • Options
    Kabam doesn't set the prices. The whales set the prices. If the whales didn't exist then Kabam would have to price their items more toward the general public. As long as the whales continue dumping loads of cash then the majority of us will think their prices are insane.

Personally, I would spend quite a bit on this game if all of their offers were approximately 1/3 the price that they actually are. That being said, I only jump at the occasional "good" offer. I didn't spend anything on Cyber-Monday and actually thought I would. The only offer that I thought was decent was the $10 deal and still didn't bite cause I had serious game play issues that day and refused to spend.