**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Sunday Arenas

Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,138 ★★★★
So im bored this sunday afternoon, watching over my new puppy to make sure he doesnt murder my cat while im casually grinding some arena.

While i was claiming my milestones, i noticed that each milestone gave a total of 4000 gold. I would like who know what geinus came up with the idea of "Lets give 4k gold per milestone! Thats a fair amount!"

Meanwhile.... rank ups now cost easily well into the hundreds of thousands, if not over a million gold. The disconnect is just unreal. Please consider making these arenas worth doing! A substantial gold bump to these milestones would surely help the gold epidemic plaguing the game, while also giving casual players some incentive to playing these arenas. Just some food for thought.

Comments

• Foster04Foster04 Posts: 90
    Udyedagain, maybe people would do them more if they got an update. Lol. I wish they did have some more gold and units.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022
    Honestly I've been wanting this for a while but on Sundays I feel like battlechip and gold gain should be tripled (only in arenas I mean) and maybe all milestones contain like 5 units and go up by 5. I don't think it would be too game breaking but it would give an incentive to do a bit of Sunday grinding
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Maybe convert all arenas into two, one being 4*/5* and the other being 6*. That'll limit the unit gain a bit as well
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    Yeah the Sunday Arenas need to be updated again to reflect where we're at in The Meta. They really helped out a lot a couple years ago when they finally allowed six star Champions to be used and threw in some six star shards but they need to increase that gold amount, even if they were to add an one and make it $ 14,000 gold per milestone, it'd be a huge pro player move.

Alternatively we could turn one of the Arenas into a gold Arena on Sundays where if you complete all the Milestones, you're guaranteed to walk away with 500k in gold with another 500k as the top percentage prize? I know for some people that would be a Difference Maker between having to wait a month into a week to rank up a five or six star.
  • TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    Can we have a gold arena or smth instead, like some arena with gold in all milestones, something between 20 to 35k in each milestone would be nice
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 925 ★★★★
    xNig said:

I feel like it would be awesome if Kabam added a gold arena. Where that's your milestone rewards each milestone and rank rewards is a handful of gold crystals

Which is quite ironic, since not doing arena is what causes people to lack gold 😂
    Oh i get that... See it quite often. Figured it would be a bit more incentivizing for those that need gold, to have an arena that rewards people only in gold.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

xNig said:

I feel like it would be awesome if Kabam added a gold arena. Where that's your milestone rewards each milestone and rank rewards is a handful of gold crystals

Which is quite ironic, since not doing arena is what causes people to lack gold 😂
    Oh i get that... See it quite often. Figured it would be a bit more incentivizing for those that need gold, to have an arena that rewards people only in gold.
    That’s not the point imo. People run out of gold simply because they find arena boring and can’t be bothered to do them. They’d rather spend the time and effort starting a bazillion posts demanding for gold in things they were already doing (effectively asking for the gold increase for no effort on their part).

As much as a “gold arena” is a feasible idea, it doesn’t change the fact that arena is boring to some and they still won’t do it, which is what I find to be really ironic since an hour a day in arena is really not a lot to ask for given how much time they spend on other aspects of the game.
  • DoosraDoosra Posts: 359 ★★★

People still do Sunday arenas?

When there is a 22hr arena event shows up at the exact same time, yes people do
  • BocksaroxBocksarox Posts: 329 ★★★
    Sundays are one of the only days I ever feel like doing any arena. Then I remember how bad the Sunday arenas are and I go stare at a wall, instead.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★★
    For those who grind arena regularly for gold, are you talking just milestones, or do you keep going past the milestone point?

I’m getting into the arena grind now to sustain my gold reserve, but I find that just milestones isn’t really cutting it.
  • Foster04Foster04 Posts: 90
    Battlechips give a large portion of gold as well.
  • Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 249 ★★
    I do arena every Sunday, because I am addicted to arena and MCOC 🤗
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

For those who grind arena regularly for gold, are you talking just milestones, or do you keep going past the milestone point?

I’m getting into the arena grind now to sustain my gold reserve, but I find that just milestones isn’t really cutting it.

Around 1m-1.5m for 4*s / 4m for 5*s / 12m for 6*s.

I lose motivation once I’m past the milestones so just milestones for me. However, gotta manage your spending and only rank champs up during level up.

The arena crystals, shards, ISOs sales etc will eventually add up.
  • Wicket329 said:

I hit milestones. You dont see a change immediately. It is something that happens over time, as you build bcs/ hit solo events, get a large number of gold crystals over time.
    Im currently sitting at 60 million gold, with 11million bcs. Grind for a couple months and you will see a marked difference.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    xNig said:

True, but a lot of people don’t do arena not just because they’re boring, but because unless you actively need units they’re not worth a lot of people’s time.

If the current 6* Sunday arena gave out 500k gold for the milestones and a similar amount for top 30% or so I’d probably do it quite happily. It’d be worth the hour, as it stands, it’s not.
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 260 ★★
    Wicket329 said:

Milestones and Battlechips. Every 10,000 in battlechips is a gamble at a Punisher, Units or anywhere between 17,000 and 35,000 gold. It's why Sunday arenas make me a little mad is you don't get Battlechips with the individual milestones the way you do in 3-day arenas, as that easily adds up. I'm sitting on ~2 million gold atm, and waiting for my next level up solo event to spend some of that on champs I just got resources to move up the ladder.