**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Silver Surfer Synergy with Galan

altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
Base Silver Surfer already gains Vigilance (Anti-Miss) if SP1 is used with 3 unique buffs active (so essentially 2 heavies + one SP1).

Herald Silver Surfer (finish one fight with Galan to gain charges to make Silver Surfer a Herald) to gain True Sense (Anti-Miss + Anti-Auto Block) by using 1 heavy + 1 SP1.

Am I missing something, or does this really not do anything? Sure, it shortens the time to counter Miss (and Auto-Block), but since you are already doing those steps anyway (trying to get the 3 unique buffs), it isn't really a shortcut.

This seems like a very convoluted way to make Silver Surfer counter auto-block. If they had instead made, for example, where you can consume your Power Cosmic Buff on Medium ending combo to gain True Sense buff, then this would have added new gameplay mechanic for Silver Surfer (potentially an additional Unique Buff to increase the energy damage).

Unfortunately, Silver Surfer remains a champion where the payoff to ramp up ratio is not worth it.

Comments

• Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,999 ★★★★★
    Silver Surfer is one of my favorite champions in this game. He’s an absolute killer in BGs due to his quick ramp up (one sp1 to apply two furies and your in business, damage-wise). He’s an extremely underrated counter to a lot of tough fights. I use him against Peni and Bishop, for example.

And if you run him with Odin prefights, his burst damage is basically tripled plus you get the aptitude bonus. He’s a fantastic champ with some tricks up his sleeve that people don’t notice behind his massive prestige.
  • Foster04Foster04 Posts: 90
    These Galan synergies in general don't look super helpful. In terms of supporting other champions, he seems much worse and less creative than Apoc.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Don't get me wrong, I like Silver Surfer and think he is unfairly maligned. He's a solid champion that just doesn't live up to the expectations of being the SILVER SURFER, and especially being released in relation to Doom.

I'm just lamenting the wasted potential that a Galan-Surfer synergy could have done. A new mechanic would have been great.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Silver Surfer is one of my favorite champions in this game. He’s an absolute killer in BGs due to his quick ramp up (one sp1 to apply two furies and your in business, damage-wise). He’s an extremely underrated counter to a lot of tough fights. I use him against Peni and Bishop, for example.

And if you run him with Odin prefights, his burst damage is basically tripled plus you get the aptitude bonus. He’s a fantastic champ with some tricks up his sleeve that people don’t notice behind his massive prestige.

Doesn't Surfer's energy damage cause Bishop to ramp up too quickly?
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022
    Foster04 said:

These Galan synergies in general don't look super helpful. In terms of supporting other champions, he seems much worse and less creative than Apoc.

Yep, I gotta agree. My initial reaction was that Galan's synergies looked super lackluster and it seemed like whoever designed them put very little thought and creativity into it.

That said, the Terrax one actually did look quite interesting to me. That was the only one though.
    altavista said:

Wicket329 said:

Doesn't Surfer's energy damage cause Bishop to ramp up too quickly?
    Surfers attacks are physical, not energy. His sp1 is energy, but ultimately it doesn’t matter if Bishop ramps up. Surfer takes 100% less incinerate damage and counts it as a buff towards his damage output. And I usually try to line up my buff refreshing heavy with Bishop throwing a special, so I just phase it by throwing a heavy.

Before I pulled Kitty, Surfer was my go to Bishop answer. And he still frequently is in Battlegrounds.

Foster04 said:

That said, the Terrax one actually did look quite interesting to me. That was the only one though.
    I’m definitely interested in that Terrax synergy. Anything that gives him more rock field up time makes him substantially better