**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Bored of Alliance Quest

Is it me or is AQ starting to get tedious?

I’m currently in an alliance running map 7 as I was looking forward to the challenge of a more challenging map but it’s just getting so boring week in week out! I personally feel this content needs a major overhaul!

Comments

• MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 547 ★★★
    AQ is not boring just look at AQ as a testing field for new champs you are trying to learn & get better with.
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 917 ★★★★★
    It’s boring for a long while. We do map 6 and the recent map shake up made a small difference. Sometimes I go left. Sometimes I go right. But ultimately it’s a chore. I guess it’s a means to end. Hopefully Kabam can find a way to make it more fun. Maybe if we ever get raids it will be an alternative. But whilst prestige is linked to AQ placement, realistically it going anywhere.
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Our battle group has 4 solid members (and about 4 others) with over 12,000 prestige in map 5. We struggle through it because other folks aren’t making moves or participating at all. AQ is so redundant and monotonous, but it’s more frustrating (and embarrassing) when we can’t even make it through map 5 reliably
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    It has been dead for years by now. Sadly doesn't seem to be changing anytime in the future
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    I ran just map 1 and got bored after about two weeks
    I don't know what would shake it up
  • B4nanaJoB4nanaJo Posts: 89
    Off the top of my head: Increasing the rewards, adding incursions type buffs, reducing the active days, turning paths into class specific bonus options (like monthly EQ).

I feel there are a ton of easy things that could be done to improvise AQ…
  • TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    Same, I dropped to AQ map5 and playing on p3 AW. I don't see myself ever doing anything more than maybe map6. It's just not worth the hassle
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

I remember the survey they sent out about the length of AQ. I was so excited because I thought it was being shortened, I should know better.

I'm pretty sure none of them were willing to accept less rewards for the shorter AQ week. You can vote for anything you want, but if you vote for more rewards but less days, and more interesting nodes but not more difficulty, if you're *lucky* the devs will see that and do nothing.

If you aren't that lucky, they'll do something.
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 260 ★★

AQ needs to be toned down to 3 days. That's it. Make the adjustments for points and keep it moving. 5 days is just way too many days.

And avoid running it on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays entirely. We have an AQ on those days, it's pulling teeth to get anyone in my Alliance to do their part.
  • InsaneSkullInsaneSkull Posts: 313 ★★

AQ needs to be toned down to 3 days. That's it. Make the adjustments for points and keep it moving. 5 days is just way too many days.

And avoid running it on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays entirely. We have an AQ on those days, it's pulling teeth to get anyone in my Alliance to do their part.
    Isn't it preferable to relax and play on weekends.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Isn't it preferable to relax and play on weekends.
    You would think so, but apparently people are both “too busy with work” during the week and “busy with real life and family” on the weekend.

This system currently is about as fair as it gets overall for most of the playerbase as it allows those who are busier during week days to play on weekends, and for those who are busier on the weekends to play during the week. There is no perfect solution in this regard simply because not everyone has the exact same obligations. Being universally “unfair” is actually… the fairest.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    The last thing you’d want is for the nodes to stay the same and the champs randomized. Remember modok’s lab?

It’ll be such a pain to go through 15 fights of that 5x every 8 days.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    AQ’s been boring for years. No way around it.
    Running it 5 days a week is too long of a commitment and should be scaled down. The seasons are far too long. It’s incredibly monotonous.

I wish the raid concept was still being explored, that could potentially spice up alliance play
  • AinyAiny Posts: 249 ★★★

Seriously, quit. I did and it's liberating. I get enough Glory from my solo alliance where I do nothing but one fight to buy the t5cc.

I gotta second this.
    I left my ally approximately 1 month ago (AW & AQ became a chore), went ally-less for 2 weeks, then created a solo ally, I ran map3 & map2 this past AQ round, did the bare minimum, and managed to get 1.8k glory out of it
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

I remember the survey they sent out about the length of AQ. I was so excited because I thought it was being shortened, I should know better.

I'm pretty sure none of them were willing to accept less rewards for the shorter AQ week. You can vote for anything you want, but if you vote for more rewards but less days, and more interesting nodes but not more difficulty, if you're *lucky* the devs will see that and do nothing.

If you aren't that lucky, they'll do something.

I wasn’t asking for more rewards I was just asking for AQ to be less days. As far as I’m concerned the rewards can stay the same.
    If you mean "everyone gets the same rewards they are getting now but with less AQ days" that's asking for more rewards. If you mean "keep the reward structure identical, so everyone will get less rewards when they do fewer AQ days" that's asking to be burned at the stake.
  • Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 460 ★★★
    I can’t begin to describe the elation I feel when I start day five. Sadly, day one comes around too quickly. It’s beyond monotonous. Three days would be ideal; preferably Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday.

It’s just my personal opinion.