**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Loyalty still a big issue

After working through the last few seasons with loyalty being needed for potions, and kabams efforts to raise the amount of loyalty acquired per war, I’m still finding the amounts very short of what we actually need. I’m in tier 6-7 at the moment and a war win is barely giving you enough loyalty to buy 1 gold potion per war. Yes there is 40% revives but still, advanced power boosts and invulnerability boosts etc are needed, we have to spend loyalty on power boosts etc. They simply aren’t offering enough loyalty to go around.
Also I think the war win/loss crystals need a massive update. They barely have anyothing decent in them and some of the items aren’t even linked to war. I mean 2 t5 iso isn’t going to help us with the next war etc.
Hopefully kabam can take a serious look at these issues heading into next season

Comments

• Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★

There is way more loyalty than what we are able to spend.

They need to add more stuff to be purchased in the store

Exactly this.. I have over 4m and there is nothing to spend it on!
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

xNig said:

It’s not an issue.

If you’re spending more than you’re earning, of course you’ll run a net deficit. That’s also excluding off-season wars that are usually item free and are used to accumulate potions for the next season.

Boosts and pots artificially inflate your alliance’s war capabilities and allow your alliance to win wars they otherwise would not have won if they had not boosted/potted up every fight.

This results in an inflated war rating that will continue to be inflated as long as the item expenditure remains constant. So if you cut the items, war ratings generally fall but they will eventually fall to a point where your alliance will start winning 50% of the wars again, hence “equilibrium war rating”.

People will have a better time in war if they let go of their ego and “need” to win, and understand that with every win, the next war tends to get harder, vice versa.

I do agree though, that war crystals need a revamp since they’ve been the same for 947562289394 years.

Then what is the point of war ratings, placements and rewards. The whole point and premise of war is to win. Hence the "ego & need to win". You wanna let that go, go play incursions. **** rewards with lousy nodes but at least it's fun.

The fact that we're spending more loyalty than we're getting is a problem. And the loyalty store prices have always been inflated and kabam has never really addressed that issue.
    There’s never enough loyalty to give more than what one person can spend. Theoretically, I can spend 10 pots a war and that’ll cost me 5 pots a day for 2 days which brings it up to at least 100k loyalty a day.

The fact is, you win one war, it becomes harder to win the next war with the increased war rating. This causes you to need to spend more items. If you win that war, the next war makes you need to spend more-er items, and if you win again, it makes you need to spend more-est items until you max out your item expenditure, then you start losing. But to maintain THAT war rating you were at before you started losing, you’ll have to spend the “more-est” items every war, which ultimately becomes unsustainable.

The whole point and premise of AW is not “to win” because losing is inevitable. The point is to win half your wars without overly extending yourself, which you obviously are, given how you’re facing a shortfall in loyalty. If you cannot put your ego down and accept that you need to move to a lower war rating to become sustainable, then you’ll just have to suffer the loyalty draught and use units/money to make up for it.

Anyway, I’ve already let go of winning and losing in AW. Win, yay. Lose, nevermind, next war will be easier. It’s not a big deal, which is why I’m happy with playing at T2/3 and getting P3 rewards, not needing to stress over counting deaths, boosting or potting up, or having a shortfall of loyalty.
    Monk1 said:

This guy! For sheeshs and giggles.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Monk1 said:

Meh, prefer to keep the 6.5kk loyalty rather than have more dup levels on UC
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

xNig said:

It’s not an issue.

If you’re spending more than you’re earning, of course you’ll run a net deficit. That’s also excluding off-season wars that are usually item free and are used to accumulate potions for the next season.

Boosts and pots artificially inflate your alliance’s war capabilities and allow your alliance to win wars they otherwise would not have won if they had not boosted/potted up every fight.

This results in an inflated war rating that will continue to be inflated as long as the item expenditure remains constant. So if you cut the items, war ratings generally fall but they will eventually fall to a point where your alliance will start winning 50% of the wars again, hence “equilibrium war rating”.

People will have a better time in war if they let go of their ego and “need” to win, and understand that with every win, the next war tends to get harder, vice versa.

I do agree though, that war crystals need a revamp since they’ve been the same for 947562289394 years.

Then what is the point of war ratings, placements and rewards. The whole point and premise of war is to win. Hence the "ego & need to win". You wanna let that go, go play incursions. **** rewards with lousy nodes but at least it's fun.

The fact that we're spending more loyalty than we're getting is a problem. And the loyalty store prices have always been inflated and kabam has never really addressed that issue.
    Ok. If the point is to win, spend your units.

What’s that? You’re *willing* to budget/ration a resource? What a novel concept. Try it with loyalty.

What you should’ve done (and chose not to) is to take a season to accrue resources and gotten by on 40% revives.
  • Dark_hoodsDark_hoods Posts: 157 ★★
    Yeah, i feel like even at lower tiers you should get more than 1 potion worth of loyalty from a win
  • Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 578 ★★★
    Ok. If the point is to win, spend your units.

What’s that? You’re *willing* to budget/ration a resource? What a novel concept. Try it with loyalty.

What you should’ve done (and chose not to) is to take a season to accrue resources and gotten by on 40% revives.

Taking a season only using 40% revives is basically willingly dying and most likely losing thus your not gaining much loyalty. Pretty awful idea
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,900 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

Addyos said:

Mauled said:

Saying that the answer to loyalty problems is to not play war competitively is moronic.

What I think is more moronic is the sense of entitlement I see from players, who think they should be given more loyalty just because they choose to play war competitively. A game mode with punishing nodes that extracts a heavy price when you mess up and, in my opinion, is not vital for in-game progression.

You want to compete, pay the toll.
    What I want is war to be as active as possible and for players to be able to push as hard as they wish if they choose to without having to make a decision between what parts of the game they’re able to play. The last few seasons of AW being extremely competitive because everyone was able to boost and push have been so much more fun than when you could call the top 10 alliances by the end of the 3rd war.
    This is a really good point. The last few seasons were substantially more enjoyable, at least for me, because I didn’t have to worry about managing resources as an officer. It was just about coordinating the best matchups. It was solving a puzzle, and that’s always my favorite kind of content.

Placing defense was also a puzzle, because you couldn’t settle for “this will do a lot of chip damage to the opponent.” You needed knockouts. It was all a different calculus. You may have liked that more, you may have liked it less. It was just a different dynamic.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Taking a season only using 40% revives is basically willingly dying and most likely losing thus your not gaining much loyalty. Pretty awful idea

And yet that is a valid tactic to restore some of the lost loyalty from trying to push into higher tiers. Unless a player is willing to invest time and money into maintaining the upper echelons, then it is not feasible to keep sprinting while you’re running a marathon. It is a choice that has to be made.

People need to quit with the delusion that they should be on the exact same playing field as those who are willing to throw an absurd amount of money to be at the top.

xNig said:

Monk1 said:

Meh, prefer to keep the 6.5kk loyalty rather than have more dup levels on UC
    But there’s nothing to do with the loyalty.. still have 1.8m thereabouts banked up. 😂😂

Might as well just get him for fun.
    Mauled said:

Addyos said:

Mauled said:

Saying that the answer to loyalty problems is to not play war competitively is moronic.

What I think is more moronic is the sense of entitlement I see from players, who think they should be given more loyalty just because they choose to play war competitively. A game mode with punishing nodes that extracts a heavy price when you mess up and, in my opinion, is not vital for in-game progression.

You want to compete, pay the toll.
    Ah yes, I forgot that this wasn’t a game. I play T1 war - masters again this season - and I have plenty of loyalty so I’m not trying to squeeze Kabam for resources.

As far as importance to in game progression, AW is where players get better at the game and learn champion/node interactions the best way so I’d argue that rewards aside, it’s very valuable to player progression.

What I want is war to be as active as possible and for players to be able to push as hard as they wish if they choose to without having to make a decision between what parts of the game they’re able to play. The last few seasons of AW being extremely competitive because everyone was able to boost and push have been so much more fun than when you could call the top 10 alliances by the end of the 3rd war.

As a company Kabam should want to encourage players to participate actively in all of their game modes because ultimately the more active players are, the more involved they get, the more likely they are to spend. Sure, a player who’s 5 months into the game shouldn’t be trying to play T1/2 war, but they should certainly be able to push at their level if they find the game mode fun.

This is in a similar vein to AQ entry costs - Map 8 costs a week of Incursions to play, so a ton of players don’t play Map 8 because it’s too expensive to maintain as a F2P account, despite it being the most engaging AQ content.
    I agree.. which is why there’s the 40% revives for 1 loyalty instead of the **** we previously had.
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Looks like many low level lower tier players are getting involved in a discussion that doesn't concern them
    There is no way any challenger tier player can have positive loyalty gain from competitive AW unless either their alliance is constantly losing or they're a burden that is being carried by other 9 members of their BG
    For tiers 1 & 2 it's different bcoz the loyalty they get from wars is much higher compared to lower tiers, even though the cost of potions & boosts is the same
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

I heavily disagree and think it's "moronic" (your words not mine) to have to use all of and more than what you have in loyalty to try and compete in war and think it's a loyalty shortage when it's clearly an issue with you trying to compete at a tier higher than your skill and/or roster can handle.
  • UvoginUvogin Posts: 345 ★★★

Mauled said:

I heavily disagree and think it's "moronic" (your words not mine) to have to use all of and more than what you have in loyalty to try and compete in war and think it's a loyalty shortage when it's clearly an issue with you trying to compete at a tier higher than your skill and/or roster can handle.
    Been in the same tier(T2-3) for the past 4-5 season now, ranking in the same bracket yet I find myself having spent a lot more loyalty this season, so no it's not clearly an issue with competing at a higher tier/ lack of roster.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Uvogin said:

Mauled said:

Been in the same tier(T2-3) for the past 4-5 season now, ranking in the same bracket yet I find myself having spent a lot more loyalty this season, so no it's not clearly an issue with competing at a higher tier/ lack of roster.
    Or maybe you haven't developed as well as other players who are now in that tier as AW and top champs have changed dramatically over past couple of years.
  • Uvogin said:

Mauled said:

Or maybe you haven't developed as well as other players who are now in that tier as AW and top champs have changed dramatically over past couple of years.
    what tier are you in again?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Well, looks like they are adding some relevant stuff to be purchased in the loyalty store, like rank 4 materials and 6-star awakening gems.

Finally a use for my loyalty
  • Foster04Foster04 Posts: 90
    New store looks good, I agree. Too bad about the 41 day refresh though, 1 t2a every 41 days is kind of meager.