**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Loyalty Update

Comments

• nahhornenahhorne Posts: 76 ★★
    nahhorne said:

This sentence might be the most tone deaf thing kabam has ever said. do the economy people at kabam not remember how nauseating the potion changes were? it’s not like they’re that much better either, people just put up with it and moved forward. now there’s a delineation between wanting to compete in alliance war, and wanting to get essential rewards to move forward in the game. in a vacuum the changes are AMAZING, but because of the potions it’s impossible to enjoy it. and all of this coupled with the fact compensation ended while the input issues are still horrible is just a slap in the face.

kabam merged the threads, but for context the sentence was “ This update will turn Loyalty from a fringe currency into something that is very valuable.”
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Ah yes, let’s add stuff to buy for loyalty when playing war uses all the loyalty you gain, basically just telling people to not actually push in war here

Jeps how many alliance might not even pushed now just to getting no loyalty to hav a positive with just using a 40 revies I’m do’s like u can buyers those hige end
  • Saske97Saske97 Posts: 73
    edited August 2022
    ExHavok said:

Let's say you are in a competitive alliance and 8.1 dropped.
    If you wanna save some time and make the content easier you want to use class boosts in 8.1
    If you wanna stay in your alliance you want to use class boosts in AW.
    There is no way you can keep up with those boosts by buying 1 per week and they charged them for 250 units. I can't see any logic behind this change particular, I said it earlier but want to mae a point again; only explanation I can think Kabam thinks class boosts are used only in AW, not in act contents,variants,EQs etc.

I think it's actually the opposite. They know those boosts are super useful and we use them basically in every content so now we have to burn through units/money to be able to use them as much.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Item free war can’t wait to see people move to that.

Probably
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian
    DrZola said:

There are people, of course who (a) have purchased a pair of 6* UC, (b) do not play high tier wars and (c) still have millions of loyalty.

Dr. Zola

Remember to add the loyalty from the comp package. That makes a sizable chunk for most that say they have lots of loyalty.
  • TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    That loyalty situation is bad imo, without upgrading the loyalty gains per war. You're basically telling people to either skip the new rewards in store or just spend units on potions and boosts bcz no way anyone playing even in P4 can do wars without potions
  • nolcuNnolcuN Posts: 159 ★★

It is now arguably smarter play to do 0 loyalty wars, use 40% revives and end up in P3 then buy R4 Mats or a 6* awakening than push really hard for P1.

The choice between a 6* awakening, or 10k shards and a nexus? I’d go 6* awakening almost any day, unless I had loads.

I guess they will rethink the whole 40% Revive for 1 loyalty Situation after that comment.
  • Ares2239Ares2239 Posts: 52
    This is AWFUL!!!!

How can I use class boosts in content and war now???? This is such a joke
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 464 ★★★

It is now arguably smarter play to do 0 loyalty wars, use 40% revives and end up in P3 then buy R4 Mats or a 6* awakening than push really hard for P1.

The choice between a 6* awakening, or 10k shards and a nexus? I’d go 6* awakening almost any day, unless I had loads.

Agreed, and thats a problem
  • EggsandbaconEggsandbacon Posts: 44
    Change to the power back boosts is completely unnecessary we have gone from a store rotation where they can be acquired/ stocked up when needed to 1 a week with a hefty 250 unit price tag.

These aren’t war specific boosts and are used in other aspects of the game which is the complete oppose to the grey boosts which are available for purchase every 3 days.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Not really a problem. It's really about choices.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    Imagine the Paragon players who play in Platinum/Gold alliances. They’re the ones who will truly benefit. This seems to be a Hail Mary at causing burnout at the Highest Level. These changes fundamentally do not make sense and I would like to know why the people who thought of these, executed this.
  • nahhornenahhorne Posts: 76 ★★

The only change I do like is to the power boosts. They've been a basically broken component in this game for far too long and people basically rely on them (especially in war) to cheese fights with poor matchups. I wish they'd just nerf the amount of power you can get from them but I guess this is better than nothing.

The additional store items are ridiculous considering the loyalty situation in general however.

completely agree work
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    I'm soooooo happy I held off on getting another 20 sig on my 6 star unstoppable colusus as got bored of looking at my heavy amount of loyalty.
    I always have. Too bad I can't get back the 3.2 million I already used on getting and then dup my 6 star unstoppable colusus, lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    For that matter, there are other sources for the Mats, so if people choose to use it to boost Wars, they're still going to advance.
  • Boss_Starling_217_Boss_Starling_217_ Posts: 204 ★★
    Foster04 said:

Lol, rip for the people who bought Unstoppable Colossus.

I was considering buying him for a while and now I'm glad that I didn't.