**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Loyalty Update

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Scottryan said:

nahhorne said:

Not really a problem. It's really about choices.

grounded wisdom moment
    When we're talking about making choices between using all Loyalty to run Wars, or saving for Mats, that's a choice. Not everyone is going to run high Tier Wars.
    the problem is its not really a choice, because you get more rewards for not doing war then you do for using your loyalty trying to compete.
    Trying to be competitive in the competitive gamemode is quite literally DETRIMENTAL to you progressing your account. Do you see how that is a problem?
    It IS a choice. You get Loyalty for doing War regardless of what Tier you're playing. This is a way for people who are trying to advance to have another avenue, who aren't getting the Master Rewards regardless. Don't see how people think it's a bad thing.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    so when does this become active? lol i have a stash ready. still, i don't use boosts in war so i don't understand the battle cry over this. demanding players to spend or spend on certain things has always been just off to me so we don't do it.

war should be fun first and foremost. i like these updates although i do agree that loyalty return should be more.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★

The only change I do like is to the power boosts. They've been a basically broken component in this game for far too long and people basically rely on them (especially in war) to cheese fights with poor matchups. I wish they'd just nerf the amount of power you can get from them but I guess this is better than nothing.

The additional store items are ridiculous considering the loyalty situation in general however.

But I’m agerd could just lock them so sole conctest and make new bots like those grey ones
    Scottryan said:

Scottryan said:

nahhorne said:

grounded wisdom moment
    When we're talking about making choices between using all Loyalty to run Wars, or saving for Mats, that's a choice. Not everyone is going to run high Tier Wars.
    the problem is its not really a choice, because you get more rewards for not doing war then you do for using your loyalty trying to compete.
    Trying to be competitive in the competitive gamemode is quite literally DETRIMENTAL to you progressing your account. Do you see how that is a problem?
    It IS a choice. You get Loyalty for doing War regardless of what Tier you're playing. This is a way for people who are trying to advance to have another avenue, who aren't getting the Master Rewards regardless. Don't see how people think it's a bad thing.
    Of course you dont see why its a problem, you dont do high tier war. Talk to anyone doing high tier war and they will try to explain it to you

Saying you "Don't see how people think it's a bad thing" when this thread is filled with people explaining how its a bad thing is pretty funny tho
    I don't do High Tier War....yes, that seems to be the default argument. Perhaps if people are spending every ounce of Loyalty they have on running War, they're playing above their own capabilities.
    The point I'm making is it's about choices. We can choose to spend on War, or we can choose to save for the Mats. We don't always have the given right to choose to have it all.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

nahhorne said:

grounded wisdom moment
    I had to stop and re think this argument when I realized I'm in agreement with grounded wisdom, but facts are facts and an enormous part of this game is resource management and deciding where you want to use your resources.

nahhorne said:

grounded wisdom moment
    I had to stop and re think this argument when I realized I'm in agreement with grounded wisdom, but facts are facts and an enormous part of this game is resource management and deciding where you want to use your resources.
    Precisely. That's exactly my point. Which means we can't choose to buy them if we're choosing to dedicate those Resources to Wars. That's not a bad thing. That's choices.
    Scottryan said:

Scottryan said:

Scottryan said:

nahhorne said:

grounded wisdom moment
    Of course you dont see why its a problem, you dont do high tier war. Talk to anyone doing high tier war and they will try to explain it to you

Saying you "Don't see how people think it's a bad thing" when this thread is filled with people explaining how its a bad thing is pretty funny tho
    I don't do High Tier War....yes, that seems to be the default argument. Perhaps if people are spending every ounce of Loyalty they have on running War, they're playing above their own capabilities.
    The point I'm making is it's about choices. We can choose to spend on War, or we can choose to save for the Mats. We don't always have the given right to choose to have it all.
    but its not a choice. the rewards to not compete are quite literally better than the rewards you could get from war
    Those Mats are not the only Rewards you get, and it's not the only reason people play to reach the top in War.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    Kabam will easily solve this problem by introducing r5 materials to war rewards.

Then missing out on a few r4 materials, which are good but very high price in loyalty, will become worthless. They are already dishing out r4 materials everywhere now, they are no longer scared resource.

The 6* gem is decent addition
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 919 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022
    So we now have a store that has all these awesome things to buy, except due to the amount of resources available almost no one can buy anything. Even if you don’t run high Plat/Masters alliance, we still use loyalty to buy health pots. Unless the amount of loyalty available for is probably quadrupled, this store update is feels pretty pointless. Or like others have said. War becomes non competitor and just a way to farm loyalty without using for health pots and becomes an pointless game mode.
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 464 ★★★

Scottryan said:

Scottryan said:

nahhorne said:

grounded wisdom moment

Best not to reply or communicate with that person; you’re just wasting your time and energy.
    I know, lol
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    TheKiryu said:

Changes are so absurd its kinda insane. Virtually everyone is better off now just not trying hard , using 1 loyalty revives and ranking better rewards than top 10 masters. (Not to mention top 10 masters nets you less thank half of r4 materials you get just by doing cav eq and side event).

I understand how more casual aw players might enjoy this change for them personally, but for everyone who actually wants to try in alliance war these are absolutely devastating changes.

There have to be better balance and solutions!

I’m understanding that’s. For me I’m going from plat2 to a g3 alliance simple not worth AW. Hopefully a changed to balance it for those we really enjoying the game mode
    I’m hoping the changes stays just for one session but do’s sick those who like the competition in AW is just really isn’t fun now
  • HulkbusterN1HulkbusterN1 Posts: 197 ★★
    So, people can get more just losing wars and using up to 15 loyalty per war? Great job, Kabam😂😂😂
    Siliyo said:

Scottryan said:

Scottryan said:

Scottryan said:

nahhorne said:

grounded wisdom moment

but its not a choice. the rewards to not compete are quite literally better than the rewards you could get from war
    Those Mats are not the only Rewards you get, and it's not the only reason people play to reach the top in War.
    I’m sorry but for somebody who doesn’t play Top Tier war to make an assumption as to why other people play Top Tier seems ignorant of you to say.
    Let's look at this logically. How many Alliances score high enough to earn R4 Mats? How many Players within that small number need those R4 Mats as much as TB Players trying to reach Paragon? Wouldn't it be a fair assumption that they predominantly have a number of R4s?
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★
    I do not see the logic in these loyalty store updates. Class boosts are used in every content except arena - making them less accessible (and more expensive for the 200% boosts) is not a plus. Also given how little loyalty you get (even with the update last season) the price of the new store items is pretty expensive. How many war seasons of even no loyalty use would it take to get even one of these r4 mat items?

It's like we are being pushed to use units....
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Give us Unstoppable Colossus trade in tickets!!!

In all seriousness as someone who doesn’t play war it incentivizes me to want to play again. If the goal is to get war participation numbers up this will work.

If the goal is to reward current war players, especially high tier, the loyalty earned needs to be drastically increased as they use all their loyalty already. And if that doesn’t happen, it’s a big swing and a miss.