**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is there any chance to get a refund for Unstoppable Colossus? Or will there be?

Jeremy3186Jeremy3186 Posts: 308 ★★★
edited August 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
First.. I don't regret buying my 5 or 6* UC..... however, as loyalty piled up and I had nothing to use it on.. I do regret duping them both multiple times.....

That being said.. with the loyalty store change... could Kabam possibly give people a chance to defacto "rank down" their UC .. IE refund 1 or 2 purchases of the 5* or 6* champ via the old "sell champ" system? This would be a massive pro player move and make a lot of people happy.

My reasoning on why? (not just a request here lol)... I'm viewing the loyalty store update as a complete meta change for the game. As such, the value of loyalty is now completely different than it was previously. If people knew this change was coming, most wouldn't have made the purchases they did. Happy to hear other opinions......

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    asked support about the same thing, they said since it's past 3 days since purchase they can't do anything. would 100% get my loyalty back for my ucs
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,959 ★★★★★

Siliyo said:

This sounds like “I don’t have loyalty, I regret a purchase now that I did not regret earlier”. You spent 2m+ loyalty and you want a refund because better things came out. Unfortunately, it does not work like that.

It’s similar to you ranking up a 6* Spiderman, then you find out 6* Scorpion is much better. You used the materials on Spiderman, but now you want a refund because Scorpion is available.

The fact of the matter is you’re going to have to save up your loyalty again.

no it's not lol.. it's like ranking up a 6* then they nerf them to the ground to the point of being useless.. ie what they give rank down tickets for. This isn't "something better came along" or an evolution like they do in the glory store.. they are completely changing the meta of what the loyalty store is. Imagine if they cut the cost of ranking champs (ie instead of needed 8 t4b cats to rank 5 a 4* they make it 4 t4b).... would people not rightfully want the cats they spent back? That's much closer to what happened here.. this isn't natural progression .. this is a whole meta change.
    They "nerfed" loyalty before the store update. But adding a loyalty store containing things you want to buy doesn't equal nerf. And no, I don't particularly see why you should get your loyalty back since you willingly made the purchase.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    People are actually asking for a refund because they added Items to buy that didn't exist in the store before they purchased?
  • VikRafaVikRafa Posts: 20

Siliyo said:

This sounds like “I don’t have loyalty, I regret a purchase now that I did not regret earlier”. You spent 2m+ loyalty and you want a refund because better things came out. Unfortunately, it does not work like that.

It’s similar to you ranking up a 6* Spiderman, then you find out 6* Scorpion is much better. You used the materials on Spiderman, but now you want a refund because Scorpion is available.

no it's not lol.. it's like ranking up a 6* then they nerf them to the ground to the point of being useless.. ie what they give rank down tickets for. This isn't "something better came along" or an evolution like they do in the glory store.. they are completely changing the meta of what the loyalty store is. Imagine if they cut the cost of ranking champs (ie instead of needed 8 t4b cats to rank 5 a 4* they make it 4 t4b).... would people not rightfully want the cats they spent back? That's much closer to what happened here.. this isn't natural progression .. this is a whole meta change.
    this person willingly bought a bad champion that is nobody elses fault but their own...

in that case should i be able to get 3000 worth of cav crystals back because a new champ cav pack was released?
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,448 ★★★★
    Shouldn’t have bought that dumpster of a character

VikRafa said:

Siliyo said:

this person willingly bought a bad champion that is nobody elses fault but their own...

in that case should i be able to get 3000 worth of cav crystals back because a new champ cav pack was released?
    if they made cav crystals 1/10th the price.... would your opinion of what you just said change? That's the perspective I have of this change
    Thats not how any of this works. You don't get to return something because the price lowers on it.
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,547 ★★★★★
    Books and pays for a holiday to Maldives.

2 months later the price is slashed in half ... "well I want my half back"
  • MigAceMigAce Posts: 38
    I didn't buy any of the unstoppable colossus. I knew i wouldn't use them and that i would get more out of boosts and mastery cores. Glad i didn't.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    Can I get the units back I spent on PHC's 6 or 7 years ago?

Adjusted for inflation too thanks.
  • ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★

Siliyo said:

The issue with that argument is that is not that the product, i.e. Unstoppable Colossus, changed its value. You still have what you paid for.
    You’re basically saying that you want the dealer to take your car back because the dollar went up in value.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    UC hasn't lost his value. He s still a trophy champ, that you can only buy with an X amount of loyalty. You cannot find him anywhere else, in other crystals, money or unit offers, as a quest reward, nothing. Everything else in the loyalty store you can get elsewhere. So you can't compare something that's unique with something that is not. And even if you could, why compare UC s price with let s say, the awakening gem and not with the mastery cores that you can (still I think?) get for free?

Not to mention that an awakening gem is paragon only item, and paragon equal the value of 3 r4 champs.

Eitherway, the game evolves, and item values change every day. You can't ask the game to refund you every overpriced, at the moment, item, because when you got em they weren't.

And last but not least, UC as a trophy, not that crucial or beneficial to a players enjoyment of playing the game remains as such, with the same price, same purpose. A nice, or not, addition of a unique champ. If you bought him, tough luck. I also did, with the compensation loyalty 2 months ago. I regret my decision now, but that's how it is, that's how games work.

Can I get the units back I spent on PHC's 6 or 7 years ago?

Adjusted for inflation too thanks.

Missing the entire point with this comment. If they added 6* champs PHC.. you'd have a point
    No, you're in the wrong here. Let's say you've been shopping at Walmart for 7 years. That Walmart then adds a high end department with valuables you want to purchase. But you can't buy any of it because you spent your money on a high dollar item before the new addition is made months and months before.

You're not entitled to a return or refund just because of this new addition and you have buyers remorse.

Any company can make changes at any time to any of their services without your approval and they don't owe you a thing. You chose to buy a trophy champ that you'll never use, live it with it.
  • AntsiouAntsiou Posts: 168 ★★
    Y’all be sorry when UC gets a magneto level buff. /s
  • Bryce_BAMBryce_BAM Posts: 45
    This post does highlight the issue that 6* U Colossus is, for all intents and purposes, unobtainable now. No one would ever spend the loyalty on him.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,723 ★★★★★

If people knew this change was coming, most wouldn't have made the purchases they did. Happy to hear other opinions......

I just managed to accumulate 1.6m battlechips one day after the last war of the Season and was excited [but not super-excited though ;) ] to pull the trigger on getting UC.

Then the announcement dropped. Can't recall which happened first.
    So, now I am thinking whether a T5CC selector or an arena UC gives more value.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,726 ★★★★★
    While I don't think people should get any refunds for buying UC (speaking as a less-than-proud owner myself), I find the "Lie in the bed you made" comments a bit obnoxious. This feels similar to the trade-in store kerfuffle last year. Yeah, you could hoard resources (loyalty now; awakening gems then) in some sort of anticipation that an update would make them relevant seven or eight years into the game, or you could use them on whatever there was to use them on at the time.

I absolutely understand people being salty about Kabam making useless resources valuable after you've already used them, thinking they were never going to have any relevancy. In fact, I think they're entitled to feel salty about it. When Kabam gave everyone a million loyalty as part of the compensation a while back, they could have said, hey, head's up, we're looking into changing the loyalty store in the future. You might want to hold on to this and not spend it on whatever is in the store at the moment.

But they didn't.

That said, I think it's ultimately a good thing for the game to find a use for those things. I think everyone - buyers of UC or not - will be better off with a proper Loyalty store. The thing that sets this store apart from the whole trade-in store mess last year is that this is a permanent fixture now, unlike the trade-in store. Even if you've spent your loyalty and can't buy anything at this moment, you will be able to spend it as soon as you earn enough. That's not the case with the trade-in store. It's coming back this month but without the option to trade in those awakening gems. Chances are that trade-in store comes back the same time as last year (if at all). That's not a very reliable system, whereas the Loyalty store is.

The people who saved up their loyalty are going to get a head start, but considering how expensive everything is in the store, it won't matter too much in the grand scheme of things. They'll be able to pick up one awakening gem or some t4 materials more, but after that, we'll be on an even playing field again and we'll all be able to enjoy a store that finally gives us a use for all of that previously useless currency that we're always racking up anyway.
  • Jsstr8Jsstr8 Posts: 4
    My issue with UC is that I bought the 5* (and duped) before 6* was available.
    Now I have bought and duped the 6*, however I am hoarding loyalty instead of spending because I know they are bound to release a 7*.