**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

He was my first 6* so it had to be done

Comments

• Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    How’s his damage?
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Yeah, sure, this would have been cool and actually believable (that he was your 1st 6 star and that's why you ranked him up) if it happened before the buff announcement.
    I hope his buff is a "Psycho Man" one.
    nahhorne said:

Searmenis said:

Yeah, sure, this would have been cool and actually believable (that he was your 1st 6 star and that's why you ranked him up) if it happened before the buff announcement.

i was his officer for a year.

for context: he racked up a pretty sizable gifting score just so he could get shards, nexus’, or a tech AG awaken rocket. when it was time to do his first 2 r4 i pressured him into bishop and void. his intention was always to r4 antman and rocket, even before the first person got their first r4. so no, it isn’t because the buff was announced. it was simply whenever he get the resources.

also dong one of the coolest and nicest people in the community so i hope the rocket buff is top tier!
    Well, now the story sound great, but I judged by a show of picture and a title.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022
    My first 4* ever, from way back in 2016. We had some good times, me and that little weasel…

Congrats! Hope his buff is amazing!

Dr. Zola
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    There’s a ton of potential for that kit — I certainly was here when 12.0 hurt the character, but there’s still some good stuff to build off of.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022
    Lesgo
    Wicket329 said:

Searmenis said:

nahhorne said:

Searmenis said:

for context: he racked up a pretty sizable gifting score just so he could get shards, nexus’, or a tech AG awaken rocket. when it was time to do his first 2 r4 i pressured him into bishop and void. his intention was always to r4 antman and rocket, even before the first person got their first r4. so no, it isn’t because the buff was announced. it was simply whenever he get the resources.

also dong one of the coolest and nicest people in the community so i hope the rocket buff is top tier!
    And the lesson here is to not jump to negative conclusions on people without a reason.

OP, this rules. I hope it inspires more people to rank who they want to rank.
    No, the lesson is, be careful what you post and how. Especially in a forum like this, where everyone wants to show of one way or another. Write a few words about your post, tell us the story behind it (if any), make this a little entertaining.
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,480 Guardian
    Searmenis said:

Wicket329 said:

Searmenis said:

nahhorne said:

Searmenis said:

And the lesson here is to not jump to negative conclusions on people without a reason.

No, the lesson is, be careful what you post and how. Especially in a forum like this, where everyone wants to show of one way or another. Write a few words about your post, tell us the story behind it (if any), make this a little entertaining.
    Are you not satisfied with a story under 140 characters? All needed information was given in the title and the picture. I find it entertaining enough that someone would take their first 6* to r4 because that's exactly what I did too with my Nebula.

You should not be negative to someone just because their post was not catered to you.

Also to OP, amazing rank up! Glad to see you rank up whoever you want!
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

Wicket329 said:

Searmenis said:

nahhorne said:

Searmenis said:

Not everyone wants to show off, some people just actually like the game and discussing it.

Instead of blaming OP for you jumping to conclusions, perhaps next time you could ask why someone ranked up the champion instead of assuming the worst.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    He’s one of my favourite ‘bad’ champs

Searmenis said:

Wicket329 said:

Searmenis said:

nahhorne said:

Searmenis said:

Not everyone wants to show off, some people just actually like the game and discussing it.

Instead of blaming OP for you jumping to conclusions, perhaps next time you could ask why someone ranked up the champion instead of assuming the worst.
    I don't have the time to ask, wait for an answer, explore the situation etc in a game's forum post, that's OP s job. There s plenty of people that take the time and write from 1000-word letters to just a small paragraph, to explain what and why, that's not much to ask if you, anyone, don't want to get misjudged.
    edited August 2022
    The original post was structured as "look at me". If your intention is to show something else, you explain yourself, you don't wait for others to ask. Except if you ask and answer yourself, like in a Ted Ed session "why you ask? Well, let me tell you my story".
    If it's an informative post, inform your readers. The key to any written exposition, is to give all the informations needed yourself. If you haven't done that and the readers have questions, you failed.
    If you just want to just show off and only get reacts, don't do any of that.

This is a constructive criticism, use it as editorial guidelines from someone that's his job, and then yes, we ll have better and more enjoyable forums.

mate it’s a forum post not frickin English class give it a rest

just say it’s neat and move on, no harm done, and no long winded forum argument about whether or not people should write text to explain their decisions or not

I didn't start the argument. Plus, learning how to express ourselves the proper way in any given situation is something that helps other people have a better (forum) experience.
    Searmenis said:

The original post was structured as "look at me". If your intention is to show something else, you explain yourself, you don't wait for others to ask. Except if you ask and answer yourself, like in a Ted Ed session "why you ask? Well, let me tell you my story".
    If it's an informative post, inform your readers. The key to any written exposition, is to give all the informations needed yourself. If you haven't done that and the readers have questions, you failed.
    If you just want to just show off and only get reacts, don't do any of that.

This is a constructive criticism, use it as editorial guidelines from someone that's his job, and then yes, we ll have better and more enjoyable forums.

Are you sure you have enough time to pick this molehill to die on and write this baffling post? You’ve now spent far more time digging yourself into a corner as a really negative person than you would ever have spent by just asking him why he ranked up the champion.

This isn’t constructive criticism, this is just you being overbearing on someone enjoying the game and life. Besides, he literally explained why he ranked Ant Man in the title, it was his first 6*, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work that one out. Just because you wouldn’t rank a champion for that reason, doesn’t mean that reason can’t apply to someone else.

The guy is literally posting a picture of his first 6* as an R4, and *you* were the one that jumped to conclusions that he did it for attention. This kinda seems like projection to me, do you really think someone would R4 a champion purely for forum reacts? In that case, you may put too much stock in the need for attention yourself.

It may be news to you, but people post on the forum for a wide array of reasons, not all of them for attention.

He doesn’t need to write a short story subject to your exam board guidelines in order to provide a fun post. If you have questions, ask them, don’t berate someone because they didn’t do a post to your picky standards.

I’ll leave this one here, as I don’t want to distract from OPs post anymore and I’m sure that’s not what they wanted when they posted this thread. Searmenis, just take a second and re think what you’re getting this irate about. We’re here to have fun, if you’re not having fun I think you should take a break from the forum.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,282 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

just say it’s neat and move on, no harm done, and no long winded forum argument about whether or not people should write text to explain their decisions or not

I didn't start the argument. Plus, learning how to express ourselves the proper way in any given situation is something that helps other people have a better (forum) experience.
    Take a leaf out of your own book and please learn how to express yourself in a more pleasant way. And ‘I didn’t start it..he did’ is an excuse that 3yr olds use.
    Graves_3 said:

Searmenis said:

Take a leaf out of your own book and please learn how to express yourself in a more pleasant way. And ‘I didn’t start it..he did’ is an excuse that 3yr olds use.
    Not to mention… he literally did start it
    Searmenis said:

“I hope his buff is a psycho man one” seems pretty passive aggressive to me
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

he doesn’t need to express himself or justify his rank up if he doesn’t wish to

Also I thought you didn’t have time to ask and wait for an answer, but yet you can spend all this time on this pointless argument?
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Searmenis said:

Wicket329 said:

Searmenis said:

nahhorne said:

Searmenis said:

But like is it wrong to show off achivement s whatever the reason be? Yes there's a point where it gets annoying due to spamming but like if I'm r3ing dpx I'm showing it off since that's basically the only value i get from it(before buff)

Searmenis said:

Wicket329 said:

Searmenis said:

nahhorne said:

Searmenis said:

But like is it wrong to show off achivement s whatever the reason be? Yes there's a point where it gets annoying due to spamming but like if I'm r3ing dpx I'm showing it off since that's basically the only value i get from it(before buff)
    No I absolutely agree with you, part of the point of the forum *is* to show off achievements. It’s nice to see a post celebrating the joy mcoc can bring instead of another compensation post lol