**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Drive to a Million Facebook Likes!

Comments

• Jackd1989Jackd1989 Posts: 415 ★★★
    It may be around 5/6pm UK time that anything is announced regarding the likes
  • zMaoriiboiizMaoriiboii Posts: 150
    INTEGRAL wrote: »
    I will unlike if we cannot play that one

Yep me to
  • VavasourVavasour Posts: 258
    I’m undecided.
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    Lol... it’s hellacious, are you guys waiting for the rewards or waiting to know that we got a million likes , “we” is important, I know game has bugs and issues , I am not pleased with any efforts done by Kabam but despite of the issues , I logged in daily , I play daily even if I am traveling, at air port someone asked what are you playing.... I said contest of champions, not with shame but with pride , if I enjoy playing with or without issues , yes I like this game and if somehow it reaches a million likes I will be happy, you should too cause I am not the only one who play daily and still playing. It’s just my opinion.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom @DNA3000

You guys won the Sound Reasoning Awards on this one.
  • Deadline beginning of Dec 4 or end of day?

Waiting for a mod to come on and say "We can still hit the target. Only need 170,000+ Likes in the next several hours."

750k in 3 years. 75k in 2 weeks. Now 170k in 12 hours.
  • The amount of information on here that is swirling seems extensive. Netmarble/Kabam most likely decided if they could increase the amount of likes they have on their official facebook page, it would benefit their business. Seems straight forward enough. But how to do that? They decided to put an incentive on their player base to help them.

1. I've seen arguments made that they should advertise on their own and not rely on their customer base to do this for them. They do advertise, mostly online but not always. The biggest recent one I remember is New York Comic Con.

2. There are statements that we should get the rewards even if we don't meet the timeline and number of likes. This is ultimately up to Kabam, but you'd have to admit not everyone believes we should be entitled to rewards we did not earn. It would be nice for sure, but diving deeper into this would open a whole new can of worms.

3. The most logical, at least to me, arguments I've seen is about the goal being unreasonable, or at least should have had milestones achievable on the way. However I would suggest that the goal not being met in its entirety is likely due to how enticing the prize is. While I don't have the data to prove it (Kabam does :smile: ) I'm going to suggest that quite of few people play MCOC and don't grind arena. The idea of doing 500 fights in a week seems unappealing to say the least, thus no need to like the page because they wouldn't get the reward(s) anyways. You up the prize though, different story. Depends how badly Kabam wants those million likes.

4. Plenty of people are saying they are going to "un" like the page if they don't get the promised rewards (keeping in mind the requirement(s) for getting rewards hasn't been met based on what Kabam outlined). First off of course you can unlike the page. But lets take a step back and see what is really being said here. Kabam is a business. They offer a product and services hoping that what they offer people will like and purchase. The more people that buy that product or service, the more capitol they have to re-invest in the game, hire more employees, improve quality assurance, develop new content, or really just do with it what they want. So if you are wanting to invest in this service, want to see it succeed, and believe it can succeed (important criteria when deciding where to put your money) you would be doing yourself a favor by liking the page. Again, this is based on the premise that facebook likes will lead to increased growth for Kabam. The idea that they can or should provide these services for basically no cost just won't hold water.

5. Lastly, especially since I'm sure I'm just rambling at this point, is all these posts about how Kabam isn't saying anything. They must not care. Nothing said from Kabam must mean X. Look, from what little time I spend on the forum here it looks to me like the player base loves to tear apart anything said or done by Kabam on the forum. We, the player base, has made it such a liability for a Kabam employee to say anything on the forum that they have to so extensively vet and verify ANY statement to the point where it is hard to have a simple conversation.
  • LewisTheLlamaLewisTheLlama Posts: 291 ★★★
    What now? Lol
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    Now Kabam is panicking because they thought they would have 1 mil by now
  • IlluminantIlluminant Posts: 196
    hurricant wrote: »
    Now Kabam is panicking because they thought they would have 1 mil by now

They didn’t in the first place that’s why they put out such high rewards as they never thought we would do it, we basically gave them free marketing
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike can we please get an update on this since today is the deadline.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    let's not expect too much from them. no expectations, no frustrations
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★

They posted somewhere there was no update on it right now.
    Did they @DoctorJ? Makes sense lol. Wouldn't want to have an update ready for the deadline...
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    DoctorJ wrote: »

They posted somewhere there was no update on it right now.

Link?
    Thanks
  • ArchArch Posts: 10
    Personally going to dislike the page if we aren't getting anything now. Shouldn't have even brought it up. Took 3 years to get 750k and thought they could push it to a million in less than a month. Plus the game has over 50M downloads, but had to bribe for likes instead of making a better product.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    They announced the event kicks off on Dec 10th
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 644 ★★★★
    Kudos to Kabam for doing the right thing and giving the rewards still!
  • TeeJayFlashTeeJayFlash Posts: 152
    edited December 2017
    It would be nice if all the people that started posts (pointless) about this will go back and delete them...Kabam come thru in a big way...
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    Maybe they knew they wouldn’t get the likes and wanted to appear like they were being nice since we didn’t reach the milestone
    edited December 2017
    Classy move Kabam! Very impressed @Kabam Miike
    Very cool. 2* arena should be fun.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Very cool. 2* arena should be fun.

looking forward to that, too
    If you didn’t like the page before, please reconsider after this nice move by Kabam.

There were a lot of naysayers out there that Kabam proved wrong on this one, me included.

@Kabam