**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Someone needs to stop Kabam

DadmammuDadmammu Posts: 37
edited August 2022 in General Discussion

Unless I’m reading this incorrectly, $100.00 USD???? For a single champion and 3 crystals??? Jesus, Kabam has the biggest pair. It’s nothing against Kabam spitefully, but that is a ridiculous offer for I think the weakest payoff ever.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 586 ★★★
    Dadmammu said:

Unless I’m reading this incorrectly, $100.00 USD???? For a single champion and 3 **** crystals??? Jesus, Kabam has the biggest pair. It’s nothing against Kabam spitefully, but that is a ridiculous offer for I think the weakest payoff ever.

A lot of fighting games do that. I am more surprised it took kabam this long to do it to be honest. In a way it seems more fair for spenders. You can absolutely spend more on random crystals than $100 and never get the guy.

My only criticism would be that kabam has the data and know what characters are popular or not. The other games that do this do not do it for the whole roster. There’s like a select pool of arguable the top 20. People are way more apt to spend $100 to get 6* Apoc or Herc then they ever ever would star lord.

• Kibble001Kibble001 Posts: 58
    Is that like Canadian dollars? I’m not seeing that

• BeeweeBeewee Posts: 530 ★★★★
    I mean offer is kinda cool. But why did they put bad champs in them
  • ZeiramMRZeiramMR Posts: 103
    Beewee said:

I mean offer is kinda cool. But why did they put bad champs in them

In the in-game mail, they list all the champs coming over the course of the week, and later bundles have champs like Hyperion, Archangel, Knull, Shang-Chi, G2099.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    I have a feeling when Aegon is available there will be people dropping the cash. Sad to think this is the new thing to be able to buy a 5* for $50 or dupe them for spending another $50.

Of course I do remember it is not something we have to do, it is something we can do if we want to.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    ZeiramMR said:

Keep in mind this version of the offer is targeted to people who have beaten Act 3. I wouldn't buy this if I were at that progression level, as that is way too steep a price. But it is also fair to say there are some really good champs coming in this offer later in the week, and there are probably some people who will pay for a guaranteed account-changer even if it is only the 5* version of a champ and not a 6-star.

But dont they get the same feature offers for 49.99? I dont see why they would buy this unless huge whales just starting off. Way better value for new champs and half the price.
  • Chubz_30Chubz_30 Posts: 51
    Typhoon said:

Or you could like

Not buy it and move on.

or… you could let players who don’t like this trash offer talk ish in peace, and like go play or some!!
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 586 ★★★

Dadmammu said:

Unless I’m reading this incorrectly, $100.00 USD???? For a single champion and 3 **** crystals??? Jesus, Kabam has the biggest pair. It’s nothing against Kabam spitefully, but that is a ridiculous offer for I think the weakest payoff ever.

A lot of fighting games do that. I am more surprised it took kabam this long to do it to be honest. In a way it seems more fair for spenders. You can absolutely spend more on random crystals than $100 and never get the guy.

My only criticism would be that kabam has the data and know what characters are popular or not. The other games that do this do not do it for the whole roster. There’s like a select pool of arguable the top 20. People are way more apt to spend $100 to get 6* Apoc or Herc then they ever ever would star lord.

I don't remember having to spend 50 dollars on a single character in a fighting game.
    Who said you had to? A lot of games offer it. No one is forced to buy anything.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

I read the mail, thought "cool, there's a bunch of 5*s there I'd like, wonder how much?" looked at the price, £89.99 for a Conqueror. Get in the bin.

or get at least uncollected, that’s not even endgame anymore
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I think they’ve had a bit of success with the new champ offers. Galan in particular has a cool function on the 5* that improves even end game accounts (and he can punch up at 5/65 to almost any content).

This appears to be testing the waters for these sorts of offers with older champs. I have a hard time believing it will be anywhere near as successful, maybe a few people buying ones for like a Carina challenge, or something?
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,737 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022
    Chubz_30 said:

Typhoon said:

Or you could like

Not buy it and move on.

talk ish in peace
    Enjoy your oxymoronic discussion.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★
    Dadmammu said:

Is it the offer or the champs? If it was say Hercules or Ghost, would they still have no buyers? For new starters and getting a 5* Hercules or Ghost would really help them progress.
  • Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Just curious, what sort of offer do the newer players get when Kabam releases a champ? (The 50$ with the five star and a couple other things for TB). This offer looks pretty similar to that one (for TB of course) except with older champs and that bonus crystal. Wondering how different it is for lower progressions
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Sigh at the fact that someone said Starlord and Colossus are bad champs.
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    These offers are meant for testing the waters
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Dadmammu said:

I don't remember having to spend 50 dollars on a single character in a fighting game.
    I remember when everyone had to subscribe to online games, and no one played for free.

This seems much better, except for the fact we have to constantly listen to people complain about the price of optional offers they don't actually have to buy. It almost makes me miss subscriptions.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Nobody has to stop Kabam from releasing those “offers”.
    But somebody has definitely to stop any fool from buying those and other similar “offers”.

You think it's our responsibility to tell people what to do with their own money? If someone wants either one of them enough and they can afford it, I'm pretty sure they'll buy it either way.