**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So...what's so good about Hercules?

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
edited August 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I was lucky enough to pull him as a 6*, now have him dupped at sig 50. Everyone takes their Herc to R4 and I hear nothing but a praise about him.

But my question is, what is so good about him? He has stun immunity, which can be handy, but has no DoT immunity (that's np tho, not all champs have those). He can bypass auto-block and miss on his SP1, but keeping this active 24/7 would break his dmg rotation maybe?

His damage is very good, I have to admit. +120% damage on each hit is spicy and the rampup isn't that hard or long. His SPs give you potent buffs, but executing his rotation correctly is (imo) freakishly difficult and uncooperative AI can mess you up really bad.

A huge argument for ranking him up is usually his Immortality. It can be useful I admit, but he has to get rid of all his health first, the opponent mustn't nullify, can't have SP3 and if the enemy has a long SP, the Immortality quickly expires. It's mostly useful in case you mess up imo.

Based on all this, he doesn't seem like the best champ. Don't get me wrong, it is all very good and already a good reason to rank him up, I just feel like his utility is kinda niche. And that's why I ask for matchups when he is the most useful? Or did I overlook any especially important ability/use he has? Thank you for any answers, I am pretty desperate for any insight
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★
    Executing his rotation correctly is freakishly easy imo.

If you're having difficulty using specials to intercept then just bait a dash, dash back and immediately throw your special, works 99% of the time.
  • RebarkRebark Posts: 344 ★★★
    In addition to immortality and high damage, he is immune to stun.
    This makes you able to evade stun nodes and brings more security in AW. Also, when you activate immortality it becomes unblockable, which makes you able to go all-in.
    It ignores autoblock and miss with SP1
    It has guaranteed stun with SP2, which makes going all-in even easier.
    There are simply very difficult fights where you can ignore everything knowing you won't die and deal as much damage as possible, most of the time you'll kill before you die as he pauses the duration of immortality while he's attacking.
    Works well with suicides because of the resistances and synergy interaction with liquid courage.
    In some situations you can still give an SP3 to gain an indestructible bonus and take an SP3, they rarely do this but it's a possibility.
    On top of that, he has a high PI.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Big numbers. That's it
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

If you're having difficulty using specials to intercept then just bait a dash, dash back and immediately throw your special, works 99% of the time.

There’s a reason it’s so incredibly easy, his aren’t real special intercepts. That’s why it’s so much harder with, say, black Panther
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    By the way he is cheap.

You can use a level 1 revive with him all the time. No need for health potions.
  • VegetaNoOujiVegetaNoOuji Posts: 57
    Malreck04 said:

There’s a reason it’s so incredibly easy, his aren’t real special intercepts. That’s why it’s so much harder with, say, black Panther
    Not if you bring Herc on your team, infuriate black panther is great.

• BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★
    Kerneas said:

I was lucky enough to pull him as a 6*, now have him dupped at sig 50. Everyone takes their Herc to R4 and I hear nothing but a praise about him.

But my question is, what is so good about him? He has stun immunity, which can be handy, but has no DoT immunity (that's np tho, not all champs have those). He can bypass auto-block and miss on his SP1, but keeping this active 24/7 would break his dmg rotation maybe?

His damage is very good, I have to admit. +120% damage on each hit is spicy and the rampup isn't that hard or long. His SPs give you potent buffs, but executing his rotation correctly is (imo) freakishly difficult and uncooperative AI can mess you up really bad.

A huge argument for ranking him up is usually his Immortality. It can be useful I admit, but he has to get rid of all his health first, the opponent mustn't nullify, can't have SP3 and if the enemy has a long SP, the Immortality quickly expires. It's mostly useful in case you mess up imo.

Based on all this, he doesn't seem like the best champ. Don't get me wrong, it is all very good and already a good reason to rank him up, I just feel like his utility is kinda niche. And that's why I ask for matchups when he is the most useful? Or did I overlook any especially important ability/use he has? Thank you for any answers, I am pretty desperate for any insight

Was this a parody post?
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 739 ★★★
    I would love to hear who you consider the best champ in the game then.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    Thank you all for very valuable answers! I realised couple things and mine is going to r3 soon. I just need to decide whether him or CGR first, but I have mats for both, so it's only a matter of time.
  • Jazz_MessengerJazz_Messenger Posts: 152
    That’s the question I had, too. I don’t have Hercules in 6* (although I would have him if I bought the July 4th deal). Since my 5* is at low rank, I never use him. I’m a F2P player and became Paragon this weekend. So I’m doing fine without him. But I wonder what is so good about him all the time. I’m kind of tired of seeing him in every profile pic. It reminds me of 5* Blade in every profile pic. I wanted him then, but I still don’t have Blade in 5* or 6*. :D
  • OP, he is just very easy to play and execute. Got no complicated bells and whistles associated with him. Upon that, high prestige, high damage, suicide friendly, relatively tanky, non synergy reliant and all pluses. Which is why he is so popular. He is good for all gamemodes, doesnt drop off at all.