**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AI is a LOT stingy with specials lately

SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 925 ★★★
Anyone else having this trouble? ffs sometimes im spending a full minute just baiting and nothing.. until i get cornered and screwed

Maybe its just bad luck but i dont remember this happening in the last 7 years, last weeks its been a pain to bait specials

Comments

• MackeyMackey Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★
    Fully agree, extremely annoying in battlegrounds with a 90 second timer, spent many of fights just baiting specials and doing nothing else 😂
  • Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    I wonder if it has to do with the influx of champions who depend on hitting into block to ramp potential damage?
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 925 ★★★

worst is when they are on a power gain node or they naturally gain power..
    -the AI used to throw sps consistency years ago but FEELS like something has changed for good now

ikr!
  • The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★
    This ai reluctant to throw specials messed me up on so many nodes specially nodes with timer like where u have to hit.. Bane, brute force, agg anything..
    I got ko on bane cause opponent never threw sp2 and i cant hit though bane timer was on my champion. Ultimately got cornered, but survived with dex, but u know bane node, nothing to be done if ai stops throwing specails on nodes like that
  • The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★

This ai reluctant to throw specials messed me up on so many nodes specially nodes with timer like where u have to hit.. Bane, brute force, agg anything..
    I got ko on bane cause opponent never threw sp2 and i cant hit though bane timer was on my champion. Ultimately got cornered, but survived with dex, but u know bane node, nothing to be done if ai stops throwing specails on nodes like that

Though kabam has told ai behaviour isn't under their control i do think some part of it definitely is under there control.

Check the ai of eops, hercules this modok all works in such a way that makes the fight even more difficult. Does this all just a coincidence and kabam can't do anything with ai? I don't think so.
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    Lately, 14 months. It’s all the same
  • PetieCameronPetieCameron Posts: 260
    I sometimes been throwing heavies n champ just standing there like I wasn't even trying to heavy then get combod into oblivion. Same with trying to throw special and it don't throw looked for dead spots on my phone but nothing on my end anyone else getting this?
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    kabam have created skynet AI...
    supposedly they fixed something that they also said wasnt effected. blamed it on the new program they updated the game to solve the interaction issues with parry, dex, and all those goody good bugs.

but time and time again these AI learn adapt and seem to always resort to a unique playing style.

anyone saying other wise isnt playing the game like we the people are lol
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Passive AI fix: Introducing Intimidate Debuff.
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 925 ★★★

Kabam Jax said:

supposedly they fixed something that they also said wasnt effected. blamed it on the new program they updated the game to solve the interaction issues with parry, dex, and all those goody good bugs.

but time and time again these AI learn adapt and seem to always resort to a unique playing style.

We have been through this multiple times, the answer is the same every time: The game AI is not sentient
    That’s exactly what the AI would say if it was sentient
    LMFAO, he got u on this one Jax XD
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

We have been through this multiple times, the answer is the same every time: The game AI is not sentient. We are not approaching Skynet.

I promise you we have no desire to make AI adaptable to each individual's specific playstyle.

The comments made previously stated that we didn't make any direct changes to the AI, and that the changes were likely the result of the adjustments to other areas of the game or to the game engine itself.
    only way to tell if you guys arent AI is to solve this paradox, "I am lying". If the liar is indeed lying, then the liar is telling the truth, which means the liar just lied. are liars truth tellers or liars :D

but yea honestly AI are weird and always seem to get messed up, coding in game with monthly updates always seems to effect champs. i feel like it would be dumb to ask if you guys know why as it would already be fixed if you guys did right 😅
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★

Kabam Jax said:

We have been through this multiple times, the answer is the same every time: The game AI is not sentient. We are not approaching Skynet.

I promise you we have no desire to make AI adaptable to each individual's specific playstyle.

The comments made previously stated that we didn't make any direct changes to the AI, and that the changes were likely the result of the adjustments to other areas of the game or to the game engine itself.
    I may be oversimplifying it or have misunderstood something - but if you guys know that there are changes to how often the AI is throwing specials, and you can also tweak how likely the AI is to throw a special (see taunt as an ability, or nodes like sp1 bias/surging vengeance). Is there no functionality to just “select all” champion likelihood to throw specials and bump it up a few percent.

I’m sure there’s some reason that it’s not as simple as that, but could you walk us through it?
    Miike spoke on this before. There are only about 3 AI profiles in play, and they're the same as they've been. I suspect that would involve creating a new profile, but that would also include incorporating a plethora of responses involving lag variables that doesn't exactly seem workable.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Kabam Jax said:

I may be oversimplifying it or have misunderstood something - but if you guys know that there are changes to how often the AI is throwing specials, and you can also tweak how likely the AI is to throw a special (see taunt as an ability, or nodes like sp1 bias/surging vengeance). Is there no functionality to just “select all” champion likelihood to throw specials and bump it up a few percent.

I’m sure there’s some reason that it’s not as simple as that, but could you walk us through it?
    Miike spoke on this before. There are only about 3 AI profiles in play, and they're the same as they've been. I suspect that would involve creating a new profile, but that would also include incorporating a plethora of responses involving lag variables that doesn't exactly seem workable.
    He spoke about something similar but not this exactly if I recall correctly. If you have a link I’d be happy to stand corrected.

I’m not saying they’ve changed anything out of a choice in the AI profile, but indirectly.

If they are seeing less specials thrown, I’m asking what is their reason for not just bumping up the chances to throw specials.

Kabam Jax said:

He spoke about something similar but not this exactly if I recall correctly. If you have a link I’d be happy to stand corrected.

I’m not saying they’ve changed anything out of a choice in the AI profile, but indirectly.

If they are seeing less specials thrown, I’m asking what is their reason for not just bumping up the chances to throw specials.
    They didn't say they were seeing less Specials thrown.

Kabam Jax said:

Kabam Jax said:

1) Jax said “ the changes were likely the result of the adjustments to other areas of the game or to the game engine itself.” We are talking about changes to AI throwing specials, I don’t think it’s a leap to assume “the changes” refers to the AI throwing less specials

2) you’ll notice in my post, I said “if you are seeing changes”, hence asking the question whether they are seeing changes. If Jax does not mean that they have seen changes to the AI throwing specials then he can correct that part of my question. As you are not inside his head, I don’t think you can answer that part of the question.

Kabam Jax said:

Kabam Jax said:

1) Jax said “ the changes were likely the result of the adjustments to other areas of the game or to the game engine itself.” We are talking about changes to AI throwing specials, I don’t think it’s a leap to assume “the changes” refers to the AI throwing less specials

2) you’ll notice in my post, I said “if you are seeing changes”, hence asking the question whether they are seeing changes. If Jax does not mean that they have seen changes to the AI throwing specials then he can correct that part of my question. As you are not inside his head, I don’t think you can answer that part of the question.
    Yes. I read the comment. They never indicated they were seeing the AI firing less Specials. It's an important distinction.
    Kabam Jax said:

Following up!

I was more referring to previous discussions and the claims that we changed the AI in general, not specifically specials being thrown.

Apologies, I could have been more clear.

Appreciate the clarification Jax!
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I'm running the basic arena for the first time in ages. Maybe it'll be better with a high streak but it seems like the AI is way more annoying than the featured arena. No idea if it's always been that way.