**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Never too early to think about Gifting this winter

BlackOracleBlackOracle Posts: 254 ★★★
Have seen a few YouTubers come out with gifting grind videos. Got me wondering how are your alt accounts coming along? Going big this year or just not ready for it?

Expect any changes to requirements (I know I hope not after last year's changes)?

130 days to plan it all out!

Comments

• GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

We'll be providing more information about this in the coming weeks.

For now, I will say: There are changes to this year's event.

Good changes…?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Lets see if this is the time this event will no longer be the disgusting thing it has been till now ... But I won't place my hopes too up
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,283 ★★★★★
    Shaktiman said:

Kabam Jax said:

@Kabam Jax
    Minimum requirements could be:
    1. Uncollected?
    2. Level 60 account?
    3. Account should be more than 1 year old?
    Changes don’t necessarily mean changes to gifting eligibility. They maybe changing the structure of the whole event. Let’s stay positive!! 😇
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Shaktiman said:

Kabam Jax said:

@Kabam Jax
    Minimum requirements could be:
    1. Uncollected?
    2. Level 60 account?
    3. Account should be more than 1 year old?
    With a shrunken act 4 and no need to explore act 5, I’m going to get an alt to Thronebreaker before level 60. I’m not special in that regard.

I’ve advocated for changes to the crystals, because the base is broad enough in progression that some things valuable to one player are worthless to another.

I dug out an old mothballed account for gifting last year and got to level 40 (thanks, Herc). I had such good luck that I decided to keep it and get cavalier. With that said, last year’s rewards got some 6-star sig stones and t3a on that account that are useless, while my TB account got 5-star shards and sig stones that amounted to little more than a lottery ticket for 1-2 missing champs (more likely 275 6-star shards).

So, depending on the quantities of each resource included, there needs to be a 150-unit crystal for mid-tier players and the 300-unit crystal needs better odds, or you could create a 500-unit crystal for TB/P that focuses on 6-star shards, r3/4 mats and so on.

• Lestat2499Lestat2499 Posts: 262 ★★★
    I can imagine it’s a fine line between new players that started since Jan1 2022 and how far they progressed.
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,532 ★★★★
    I think the current requirements are fine. But I could understand if Kabam upped the requirement to say Min Lvl 45 Uncollected account that’s been active since 1 Jan 2022
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    My guess is progress based gifting crystals. Either to or from the account.

Meaning a conquer can get crystals from a paragon but they will have limited stuff that only a conquer "can" use.

On the flip side, a conquer account would only be able to send a paragon a gift that contained conquer items.

Think of it like you can only get items you can use and send items that you can use, if you are a lower progression.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★

And, just to add my last few cents, Kabam should not forget that all the big whales are spending lots of money on gifting and every christmas the gap is widening more. With taking F2P or low-spending players the option of participating a bit in gitfting - so catching up a bit to the whales, that would slowly but surely create the feeling of a two-class system in the game.

F2p will never catch whales regardless of how lucky or how much time they put in. There will always be a gap.