**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Never too early to think about Gifting this winter

Comments

• IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,234 ★★★★
    First time I made 1 alt to get an extra 10 crystals or something and now they going to change it. Sad times
  • There are changes every year. That could mean literally anything.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    It gets mentioned many times every year but it is pretty baffling that gifting isn't done as an exchange rather than a one-way transaction. Would really stump unit-selling accounts.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 757 ★★★
    Converting the "gifting event" into a "trading event" would help a lot of players who "never get gifted back".

If Kabam wanted to reduce item dumping, it could put some rules in place to make sure it was a "fair trade" alternatively, only allowing players to trade within their alliance would help with both.

To players: every gifting event has pushed the definition of "top rewards" or at least given volumes more than could otherwise be obtained. I would be shocked if the top gifters didn't get a r5 crystal, or at least a T6CC selector.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Shaktiman said:

My guess is progress based gifting crystals. Either to or from the account.

Meaning a conquer can get crystals from a paragon but they will have limited stuff that only a conquer "can" use.

On the flip side, a conquer account would only be able to send a paragon a gift that contained conquer items.

Think of it like you can only get items you can use and send items that you can use, if you are a lower progression.

@Liss_Bliss_ I dont think so as many alliance have members which are combination of thronebreaker, cavalier and Uncollected.
    If what you say becomes the rule, then alliances as a whole would suffer. Remember we had solo milestone and alliance milestone in gifting events!

@Kabam Jax you have put everyone on heels now. Everyone who were farming alts are not scared to death! 🤣
    I would assume if they went this way they would lump some together. But it would limit new accounts/alts from united farming and getting end game mats
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Lock alliances for 2 weeks and only allow people in the same alliance to gift.

lol all the alt farmers out in full force.
    Personally. wish they'd scrap the whole event. I just get my minimums in for this mess of an event and log off.

#removegifting

This is exactly how I view gifting every year. Wouldn’t miss it if it was gone.
  • Adevati said:

I play a lot of alts because I like to. I hate alliance modes. I hate arena grinding. I hate incursions. And I’m pretty sure I’ll dislike battlegrounds final product too.

Because of gifting, playing alts still provides my main with small benefits due to gifting. All of my alts are around 2 years old.

I did the math last year and came to the conclusion that if I would have spent all the time in arena on my main vs the time I spent on alts for gifting, my main would have been better off. Except, again, arena grinding is not for me.

All this to say, if gifting is significantly nerfed to where this is no longer a grinding strategy, I’m done with the game.

So you just gift, story, and monthly events,?
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Would they possibly add another trophy champion to the crystal?
  • cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★
    Adevati said:

I play a lot of alts because I like to. I hate alliance modes. I hate arena grinding. I hate incursions. And I’m pretty sure I’ll dislike battlegrounds final product too.

Because of gifting, playing alts still provides my main with small benefits due to gifting. All of my alts are around 2 years old.

I did the math last year and came to the conclusion that if I would have spent all the time in arena on my main vs the time I spent on alts for gifting, my main would have been better off. Except, again, arena grinding is not for me.

All this to say, if gifting is significantly nerfed to where this is no longer a grinding strategy, I’m done with the game.

Kabam hasn't prevented gifting from alt/arena botter accounts in the past. It's been 5+ years, hopefully they've made detection improvements.

Either they want to listen to the majority and mess up the "black" market (get rid of it, harsh bans, etc.), don't do anything, or make up rules/requirements for gifting that they believe makes sense.

How is making new accounts to send items to "buyers" ever a thing in the first place?

I doubt that is a gameplay feature in the original business model.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I think it's best to wait and see what actual changes have been made before forming reactions.
  • Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 530 ★★★
    Why to change ??? New year event its for pleasure to send gift for friend … not changer ver year.. its just to reward its ok
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,714 ★★★★★
    No_oneuk said:

It gets mentioned many times every year but it is pretty baffling that gifting isn't done as an exchange rather than a one-way transaction. Would really stump unit-selling accounts.

Gifting does not need to be an exchange. Myself and many people in our alliance gift to other members without needing anything in return,
  • firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

We'll be providing more information about this in the coming weeks.

For now, I will say: There are changes to this year's event.

That seems quite ominous and totally not foreshadowing of events to come.
  • BlackOracleBlackOracle Posts: 254 ★★★
    Anything with account level upping is tiresome and only people going to benefits are merc accounts running mods that will reach it quickly.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

I think it's best to wait and see what actual changes have been made before forming reactions.

I think the fact that there are any changes warrants a reaction
    Curiosity, sure. Reacting as if they've stopped people from gifting themselves is a little premature.
    I don’t think anyone actually believes that, though. I think considering the changes from last year, it’s valid to take this as unwanted change and dislike the decision
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★

Curiosity, sure. Reacting as if they've stopped people from gifting themselves is a little premature.
    I don’t think anyone actually believes that, though. I think considering the changes from last year, it’s valid to take this as unwanted change and dislike the decision
    But you don't know what the changes are. Just because you don't know what they are doesn't mean they are going to be bad and unwanted.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

But you don't know what the changes are. Just because you don't know what they are doesn't mean they are going to be bad and unwanted.
    That’s very true, and I along with everyone else would he very happy if they were positive changes. But I think it can be assumed that it’s bad changes just based on what the precedent is. Again, hoping I’m wrong in that sense
  • ExHavokExHavok Posts: 516 ★★★

Buttehrs said:

That’s very true, and I along with everyone else would he very happy if they were positive changes. But I think it can be assumed that it’s bad changes just based on what the precedent is. Again, hoping I’m wrong in that sense
    It will be very unwanted for those who have hundreds of shady accounts with thousands of units waiting to be sold. I can't wait to see/hear their reactions
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,150 ★★★★

• Bryce_BAMBryce_BAM Posts: 45
    I don't think Kabam would make it a required exchange because that would stop a lot of people from spending. If someone is unable to find enough people to exchange, why bother spending more? If you can't gift because you need to exchange, you can't get points in the event.

I'm sure the top gifters are giving away a ton of free GGC because, at some point, it gets hard to find people willing to trade.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Bryce_BAM said:

I don't think Kabam would make it a required exchange because that would stop a lot of people from spending. If someone is unable to find enough people to exchange, why bother spending more? If you can't gift because you need to exchange, you can't get points in the event.

I'm sure the top gifters are giving away a ton of free GGC because, at some point, it gets hard to find people willing to trade.

It’d be great if it was configured in a way that if player X ran a deficit with player Y above an amount (say 1500 units worth) then he couldn’t send more until player Y sent some his way to reduce the deficit. Honestly the intent of this was really always trading and alts funneling massive resources to mains is the worst. If Player X wants to be a little generous with lots of people, great. If he wants to send 9000 units of stuff to one spot, he’ll have to be a bit creative.

There are ways around it, essentially a 3-way trade, but it keeps it a bit less shaky than before.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

Bryce_BAM said:

It’d be great if it was configured in a way that if player X ran a deficit with player Y above an amount (say 1500 units worth) then he couldn’t send more until player Y sent some his way to reduce the deficit. Honestly the intent of this was really always trading and alts funneling massive resources to mains is the worst. If Player X wants to be a little generous with lots of people, great. If he wants to send 9000 units of stuff to one spot, he’ll have to be a bit creative.

There are ways around it, essentially a 3-way trade, but it keeps it a bit less shaky than before.
    Uhm... How was the intent of the GIFTING event to be some kind of exchange event?
    At Christmas, gifts are more often exchanged between parties than one person getting something and giving nothing. It might not be identical, which is usually the case here, but there’s a parity to it.

It’s much more that than it is “raiding a slush fund I’ve accumulated for eleven months just to buy stuff for myself.”