**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Never too early to think about Gifting this winter

Comments

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

ExHavok said:

Progression based gifting crystal is the solution imo. I don't think sending revives,potions and mastery cores are a problem but a 40 lv conqueror account sending crystals to top players that contains T6B and T3A is. I hope this year we will see those who have 100+ alt accounts slapped in the face by Kabam.

You clearly have no idee how hard it is to even manage 20 alt accounts. It's a VERY tough kind of grind and it involves planning, spreadsheets and a LOT of time. If you look at the drop rates of GGCs last year, you'll get more T6B and T3A from content like EOP and the Gauntlet than 500 GGCs.

Grinding should be incentivised, not disincentivised.
    Robbing a bank is very tough to plan, takes a lot of time, and may also involve spreadsheets. Does that mean it should also be incentivized?
    Are we talking about the interest scheme in Superman 3?

Regardless, this ominous post has me really nervous and I wish Kabam would push this up a bit to put it all out there for the players as early as possible.
  • BlackOracleBlackOracle Posts: 254 ★★★
    IKON said:

ExHavok said:

Progression based gifting crystal is the solution imo. I don't think sending revives,potions and mastery cores are a problem but a 40 lv conqueror account sending crystals to top players that contains T6B and T3A is. I hope this year we will see those who have 100+ alt accounts slapped in the face by Kabam.

You clearly have no idee how hard it is to even manage 20 alt accounts. It's a VERY tough kind of grind and it involves planning, spreadsheets and a LOT of time. If you look at the drop rates of GGCs last year, you'll get more T6B and T3A from content like EOP and the Gauntlet than 500 GGCs.

Robbing a bank is very tough to plan, takes a lot of time, and may also involve spreadsheets. Does that mean it should also be incentivized?
    The thing is Kabam announced before the gifting event that alt accounts were okay to gift to your main or other accounts. That should not change unless is going to comb every account and see if they are violating the ToS or not.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    I don't personally believe they're changing anything with the alt accounts.

Hopefully the're just reworking the event. Change it to a peak milestone system, set a cap on the ammount of gifting crystals an account can be gifted, and properly structure the rewards
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,202 ★★★★★
    How about only trade option hehehe.

Trade an item for the same item.
    Can't send items solo.

Two way trade.
    No One way sending.
    😆😎🤩😬

• GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Sorry, but to all people here who are opposed to alt accounts gifting to a main account. It is that person's time they spend in the game. It actually takes quite a bit of time to get the units, level 40 and act 4 done. It is not hard, but it does take time. Anyone who is willing to spend that time in the game should have the ability to give their main account items they have played for. It is not like you create an account, get 4k units and you just leave it for 11 months. It takes quite a couple of hours to get to a point where the account is even allowed to gift.

They might increase the time commitment by pushing the requirements to uncollected and up.
    Or like others have mentioned to make the gifting crystals tier/title based. And an account that is below uncollected cannot send the same gifting crystals as an uncollected + account. And they cannot send the same as a Thronebreaker+ account.
    That way the player could still send stuff of value to their main account like alliance items or revives/refills/boosts. But not 15k 6 star shards or what have you.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    Gifts tied to the progression level of the gifting account is my suspicion.

Its the thought that counts!

“Players who are not yet uncollected can only gift to players in their alliance”

Imagine the forums…

In all seriousness, when I got that free 4-star Hercules, uncollected was astonishingly easy.
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 348 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

We'll be providing more information about this in the coming weeks.

For now, I will say: There are changes to this year's event.

Oooo the event will be less pay to wi-

nevermind, this is Kabam
  • Ali0700Ali0700 Posts: 8

Sometimes you send a gift without the other party giving you a gift, you can devise a way that the sent gift stays in the safe deposit box until the other party also sends the gift in the safe deposit box.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,744 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

Ali0700 said:

Sometimes you send a gift without the other party giving you a gift, you can devise a way that the sent gift stays in the safe deposit box until the other party also sends the gift in the safe deposit box.

It’s called gifting event not must trade event.
    Exactly this. People struggle with the idea that you can give someone a gift and not expect to get something in return.
    That's just the sad state of humanity in general now.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

Ali0700 said:

Exactly this. People struggle with the idea that you can give someone a gift and not expect to get something in return.
    That's just the sad state of humanity in general now.
    The sad part of humanity is doing something expecting something back in return...
  • Ali0700Ali0700 Posts: 8
    This has nothing to do with the tragedy of humanity or a deal or a gift. What should I do when a person sends me a message for ggctrade... that I will give a gift to that person, but I do not receive a response?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    Jaded said:

Ali0700 said:

My recollection is that it has been explicitly stated in the past that how the players choose to use the event is their prerogative, but it has very deliberately been designed as a gifting event, not a trading event.

I've also been told this directly on more than one occasion.
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Ali0700 said:

This has nothing to do with the tragedy of humanity or a deal or a gift. What should I do when a person sends me a message for ggctrade... that I will give a gift to that person, but I do not receive a response?

Only trade with people you know/within your alliance.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian

We all know that the gifting event is Kabaam’s biggest money maker, so I really wish that they tread lightly on what they do. The whales will whale, but it’s those smaller fish that might stop spending if they aren’t able to participate in the gifting event properly. They will indeed create a further divide between spenders and non-spenders.

I have created a few accounts for gifting to my main and really see nothing wrong with it. I’ve invested HOURS/WEEKS of my time to get the accounts eligible per 2021 requirements. I could see an issue if you had created 1000s of alt accounts via BOTS to abuse the event and sell the units, but Kabaam just needs to up their game and catch those accounts that are illegal. For those of us that create a few alt accounts, we should be able to do what we want with the earned units. Level 40 & Act 4 is a perfect requirement to the eligibility of an account.

I really hope I didn’t waste my time this year making those accounts….

The most anyone needs to do to self-gift during the gifting event is to have a single alt that they could easily push to have any prerequisite requirement that Kabam could implement.

The moment you start making multiple alts to gift, you aren't trying to spend money to self-gift, you are trying to farm resources from one account to funnel into another account. And that's outside the realm of "we should be able to do what we want with earned units." You shouldn't, and you can't, because resources earned in an account are primarily intended to be spent on that account. They are balanced on the presumption they will be used on that account and no other. If the devs had to consider what the value of resources would be if funneled into other accounts, those resources would need to be restricted based on that value. This would hurt people just playing individual accounts normally.

It is a very, very, very easy trade off to make to allow new accounts to earn resources faster than normally intended at the cost of not allowing those resources to get funneled into other accounts in an unlimited fashion. I would make that trade off in the blink of an eye without thinking twice. Given the desire to assist new players balanced against the desire of veteran players to farm alts for stuff, it is no contest at all.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,982 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

ExHavok said:

This is a bad example because I do explicitly support more bank robberies. It’s all insured, it’s a victimless crime /s(?)

But in all honesty, I’d be pretty okay with the gifting event going away. I say this as an active participant in it. I usually come out with one of the higher-up percent bracket of rewards, but I can recognize that it’s not good for the game and it promotes a lot of toxicity and bad behavior, which is not in line with the spirit of the season.

It would obviously need to be replaced by something else to cap off the year in a healthier manner, but I’d support Kabam exploring that path.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

ExHavok said:

Robbing a bank is very tough to plan … may also involve spreadsheets
    I don’t know about you, but when I plan on robbing banks, my first step isn’t to make an excel spreadsheet
    DNA3000 said:

We all know that the gifting event is Kabaam’s biggest money maker, so I really wish that they tread lightly on what they do. The whales will whale, but it’s those smaller fish that might stop spending if they aren’t able to participate in the gifting event properly. They will indeed create a further divide between spenders and non-spenders.

I have created a few accounts for gifting to my main and really see nothing wrong with it. I’ve invested HOURS/WEEKS of my time to get the accounts eligible per 2021 requirements. I could see an issue if you had created 1000s of alt accounts via BOTS to abuse the event and sell the units, but Kabaam just needs to up their game and catch those accounts that are illegal. For those of us that create a few alt accounts, we should be able to do what we want with the earned units. Level 40 & Act 4 is a perfect requirement to the eligibility of an account.

I really hope I didn’t waste my time this year making those accounts….

The most anyone needs to do to self-gift during the gifting event is to have a single alt that they could easily push to have any prerequisite requirement that Kabam could implement.

The moment you start making multiple alts to gift, you aren't trying to spend money to self-gift, you are trying to farm resources from one account to funnel into another account. And that's outside the realm of "we should be able to do what we want with earned units." You shouldn't, and you can't, because resources earned in an account are primarily intended to be spent on that account. They are balanced on the presumption they will be used on that account and no other. If the devs had to consider what the value of resources would be if funneled into other accounts, those resources would need to be restricted based on that value. This would hurt people just playing individual accounts normally.

It is a very, very, very easy trade off to make to allow new accounts to earn resources faster than normally intended at the cost of not allowing those resources to get funneled into other accounts in an unlimited fashion. I would make that trade off in the blink of an eye without thinking twice. Given the desire to assist new players balanced against the desire of veteran players to farm alts for stuff, it is no contest at all.
    Honestly what you’re outlining here is part of why we all lost our gifting badges to begin with. I know there was a fraud piece to it as well, but you’ve nailed it in terms of why this is a windfall.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★

IKON said:

ExHavok said:

Robbing a bank is very tough to plan … may also involve spreadsheets
    I don’t know about you, but when I plan on robbing banks, my first step isn’t to make an excel spreadsheet
    So you admit you've planned to rob banks before... interesting.
  • crazycaspa55crazycaspa55 Posts: 4
    Please don't do 1 year account and level 60.
    Uncollected yes, do min level 50, account at least 6 months old and same alliance for 3 months.
    At least that is achievable.
    You will lose many players if it's too strict.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,202 ★★★★★
    The Gifting Badge was supposed to be a gifting thing, and it got exploited.

Now people wait for december to exploit the system. Wrapped with a new cellophane and a shiny sticker.