**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So I was watching Marvel Avengers anime and..

ShaktimanShaktiman Posts: 225 ★★
In that anime, Hyperion is a villain attacking Avengers in all the episodes he was in.
But in MCOC, he is tagged as Hero..
I dont understand..
Is he a hero or a villain?

Comments

• 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,294 ★★★★★
    There are to versions the evil one and good one I had the same confusion too
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★

There's an anime (Japanese cartoon) of Avengers?

Marvel has alot of anime products.

My personal favorite is the Blade Anime
  • JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 506 ★★★
    I think this Hyperion is based on the Hickman comic book run, which he was a hero in.
  • firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★

There's several.
    I only seen the X-Men one.
    That one was absolutely fantastic.
    I highly recommend that one.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★

I am thinking OP is referring to Avengers Assemble Season 1.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,304 ★★★★★
    if u watch ultimate spiderman cartoon, there is some reference of this game, like entire 2 episodes made to show chemistry between collector and spiderman, and that grandmaster has conquered all heroes and villains exceot spidey and collector. grandmaster is a fan of games, so he challenges spidey and collector for one chance, and then he rescues all champions, popularly known as opening crystals in the game
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,304 ★★★★★

Shaktiman said:

In that anime, Hyperion is a villain attacking Avengers in all the episodes he was in.
    I dont understand..

if you are talking about earth's mightiest heroes then thats not an anime neither is its sequel
    i loved them watching as a kid, now i think why were they made
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★

if u watch ultimate spiderman cartoon, there is some reference of this game, like entire 2 episodes made to show chemistry between collector and spiderman, and that grandmaster has conquered all heroes and villains exceot spidey and collector. grandmaster is a fan of games, so he challenges spidey and collector for one chance, and then he rescues all champions, popularly known as opening crystals in the game

Contest of Champions dates back to a comic series from the early 1980s. They may have thrown some game references in, but that's where the name originated.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    GarrettN said:

There’s been multiple “variants” of him throughout comics but I would say the most prominent comics with him in are the “time runs out” and “squadron supreme.”He’s a hero in both of those (although maybe less so in squadron supreme as he pretty much is just a trigger man for American interests)

Waiting on the rest of the squadron lol
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    the real ones watched super hero squad show
  • Wine_LoverWine_Lover Posts: 83
    Hyperion originally and most of the time is a villain. He’s basically an evil Superman and leader of the Squadron Supreme (Justice League). They are always in other universes outside of the 616 marvel’s main comic universe. Usually he’s Wearing a red suit was like an atom. The Hype we have in game, in the black and yellow is from the Jonathan Hickman avengers arc with the incursions. Basically he’s a Heroic Superman of his earth when an incursion happens ( two universes crash into each other destroying both with earth being the impact point for the two). He physically hold the two universes apart for a time until they collide leave him the only thing that survives. After floating in the void left by the two universes AIM scientists pull him from the void and into the 616 universes. He joins the Avengers after that becomes tight with Thor and the two of the go out together battling the Beyonders.
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    Shaktiman said:

I dont understand..

herc fights thor like 90% of the time but hes still a hero for doing heroic acts for the weaker species. iron man and cap fight in civil war does that make them both villains and heroes? its all perspective. same with BP and WS one was brainwashed and framed, the other one was trying to get revenge.
  • EscornaboiEscornaboi Posts: 2,448 ★★★
    edited August 2022
    Dear friends: As has already been explained here, Hyperion, in the comics, is presented both as a villain, as a hero, as an anti-hero. Usually antihero. I think that this has been so mainly to give him a different personality from the character he is inspired by: Superman, absolutely good, honest, generous, loyal...

There are other characters that are presented in different ways in the comics. Possibly the clearest case and similar to that of Hyperion is... Namor, the Sub-Mariner. However, the reality of the Battlerealm is not one of Marvel's canonical realities, but one of its own (that's why Guillotine, Aegon... exist). And in this reality, Hyperion and Namor are heroes.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    All universe are canon. They are part of the greater body of work (the canon) of Marvel's multiverse of adventures. The game, is not however, part of the continuity of the 616 comics universe. Guillotine does in fact exist in the 616 comics universe.

seen here with Captain Britain, Le Peregrine and Faiza Hussein.

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022
    Shaktiman said:

So.. I want to reiterate my point...
    [spoiler]
    I am really confused. But yeah.. I guess MCOC is just using analogies to develop their game!

Spoilers? Aw, thanks 🙄
    Post edited by Kabam Jax on
    Shaktiman said:

Shaktiman said:

Loki season 2 has Hyperion as his main villain! And ****** will play Hyperion!
    I am really confused. But yeah.. I guess MCOC is just using analogies to develop their game!

what kind of an idiot is this guy can someone ban him?
    Huh? Why? What did I do? @ Amazing_Demon05
    literally gave a spoiler about an upcoming tv show. maybe don't do that or add a spoiler next time
    Shaktiman said:

Shaktiman said:

Shaktiman said:

Loki season 2 has Hyperion as his main villain! And ****** will play Hyperion!

what kind of an idiot is this guy can someone ban him?
    Huh? Why? What did I do? @ Amazing_Demon05
    literally gave a spoiler about an upcoming tv show. maybe don't do that or add a spoiler next time
    But I didn't even named the actor!! I just..
    [spoiler, again]
    If you google Loki 2, .. this is not even that big spoiler. Its as if I said that... Oh man..
    well maybe think about the prospect that people don't google loki 2 because they don't want it spoiled for them. even if you didn't name the actor, giving away part of the plot is pretty annoying.