**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who counters this?

cheese21cheese21 Posts: 48
edited August 2022 in Strategy and Tips

Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    could always try sentinel with ps1 and then just hope you get some good rng
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    Mephisto can prevent Colossus gaining armour up effects. However his already poor damage will be further gimped by Colossus being immune to Incinerate.
    Awakened Loki can take it slow; gain his SP1 and steal the armour buffs. That won't be prevented by the node.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022
    Wouldn’t Ultron still be able to rip thru that?

Black widow Claire voyant with her L2 buff immunity.

I’m guessing champs with the neutralize ability would work also.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Ultron can’t armour break and isn’t immune to power burn, so he’s gonna take a bunch of damage.

Claire *could* work, but you can’t really get to sp2 in the first place to place it. Any time you hit colossus you’ll be power burned. There is a universe where you could parry dash back, and throw heavy in mid air and get power that way without making contact. But eventually the AI will likely catch you.

Any neutralise champ cannot place their neutralise before colossus gains his armour up buffs - so they wouldn’t work unfortunately.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

I’m not an Ultron player so I can’t really speak to him, but BWCV is going to have a very difficult time building to an sp2 when she gets power burned every time she makes contact with Colossus. She could theoretically manage it if you parry, back up, throw heavy into the air until she builds to an sp2, but that’s a silly strategy. Neutralize champs also won’t work in matchups where the opponent starts with an armor buff.

Dark horse candidate for it though? Anti-Venom with Spidey2099 synergy. Opponent can’t gain buffs for the first 10 seconds of the fight and you can place staggers on heavies AND if you stack disorients from an awakened AV, you’ll reduce ability accuracy by almost 80%.

Another silly option is Black Cat w/ Domino or Longshot. 60% defensive ability accuracy reduction off the start of the fight and with it you dance around until the Heist ends with the calling card on your opponent. Sabotage applies at that time for another 40%, adding to 100%. It’ll last for the entire fight because every hit will pause it and deal a burst of damage.

I’m sure there are others (power start Psylocke under certain conditions w/synergy, DDHK, probably more), but this is all I’m taking the time to think about right now.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Definitely a post worth reading. I enjoy the community providing the various insights they have.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Would Howard be a better option as he has the guaranteed armor break in his heavy and can just cycle that?
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Would Howard be a better option as he has the guaranteed armor break in his heavy and can just cycle that?
    You’re right, he must’ve ducked around my thoughts about tech champs who armor break.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Yes HtD is going to be one of the top options for path 3 now as he counters many of the nodes and defenders from that path. Will he be used though? I’ll say mines r3 after the path changes.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★
    Hercules with capiw synergy?

Hercules with capiw synergy?

Colossus is immune to armour break unless facing tech champions.
    I wonder if Namor max sig, or Kitty Pryde awakened would work to avoid the damage. You wouldn’t be able to use specials often, if at all, but should work.

Also maybe DAAR or concussion champs, Falcon wouldn’t be great for this champ, but generally for the node could work better for non mutants.