**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Grandmaster's Gauntlet Run Preperations

gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 326
edited August 2022 in Strategy and Tips
Any advise on this team?

Team - Professor X, Ghost Rider, Apocalypse, Magneto (House of X), Nimrod

I do not mind long fights as long as it is as simple as possible which explains Ghost Rider (not CGR) for his non-metal tag, bleed immunity, massive healing and power control. I just opted to use all rank 3 6 stars. And all champs happen to be unduped. Did I fail to consider anything?

Path 1
1. Apocalypse vs Doom
2. Ghost rider with Power Boost vs Terrax
3. Ghost Rider vs Vision
4. Apocalypse with Power Boost vs Modok
5. Professor X with Magneto Pre-fight vs SpiderHam

Path 2
1. Nimrod vs Weapon X
2. Apocalypse with Power Boost vs Thing
3. Horseman Professor X with Magneto Pre-fight vs Korg
4. Ghost Rider vs Dragon Man
5. Ghost Rider / Professor X with Power Boost vs Black Panther Civil War

Path 3
1. Professor X vs Nightcrawler
2. Professor X vs Spider-Gwen
3. Apocalypse / Nimrod vs Domino
4. Apocalypse / Ghost Rider vs Mojo
5. Nimrod with Power Boost vs Immortal Abomination

Path 4
1. Nimrod vs Apocalypse
2. Nimrod vs Sasquatch
3. Nimrod / Apocalypse with Magneto Pre-fight vs Killmonger
4. Apocalypse vs Void
5. Apocalypse / Ghost Rider / Professor x vs Nick Fury

Comments

• Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,162 ★★★★★
    Sasquatch vs Nimrod won't be fun at all I believe, and that Mojo fight I don't think will be that enjoyable either.

The rest seem to at least be doable (though long and hard with some of your team) from what I remember.
  • Options

using magneto pre fight for 3 fights seems like a waste
    you can do all those fights with apoc. it may be a bit more difficult but you can instead take red mags and make doom and some more champs much more easier

I hear you...I can change some matches as I do it. my last year run had doom in it so I am familiar with some matches that he can do. Thanks for the advice.

I might still push through with White Magneto because last year Spam gave me hell and I can see his Pre-fight helpful for a horseman against that KM (though he is not much of a threat.). I am just focused on making the fights this time around simpler so as to save me more units.

I have played with ghost rider ages ago
    would his power control really be able to control dragonman and terrax? his sp2 power drain only happens once in his cycle so you would have to throw sp3 to get the judgement back and then again sp2. within this cycle terrax can probably throw a gazillion sp2s or sp1s since he has energize and what not

Regarding Ghost Rider, yes it's been ages for me too. But the time that I was using him then, I loved him. He is just so simple to use and sustainable for that healing and power control. With Mystic Dispersion or Power Boosts, I can go through his cycle quicker depending on the opponent and nodes.
  • Options
    MR_61088MR_61088 Posts: 195 ★★
    If you have a AA i would swap Whitemags out for him.
    And use the horsemen ability on him instead.
    Would probably activate the horsemen pre fight on BPCV and revive Apoc 2x on Nightcrawler to get him back to 4 charges.
    You can use AA then on Mojo and Sasquatsh.

But for that you need to use Apoc on Korg. With the evade charges he can gain there he will counter nightcrawler and Spidergewn then as well.
    For Hammie Prof X is the better choice tho, because with apoc it will be a super long fight.
  • Options

well tell us how it went with ghost rider. maybe you can outregen the rock field dmg on terrax.

yes this is what i am hoping for as well. heavy spam in the corner like the GHulk cheese.
  • Options
    MR_61088 said:

If you have a AA i would swap Whitemags out for him.
    And use the horsemen ability on him instead.
    Would probably activate the horsemen pre fight on BPCV and revive Apoc 2x on Nightcrawler to get him back to 4 charges.
    You can use AA then on Mojo and Sasquatsh.

But for that you need to use Apoc on Korg. With the evade charges he can gain there he will counter nightcrawler and Spidergewn then as well.
    For Hammie Prof X is the better choice tho, because with apoc it will be a super long fight.

Exactly how I did it last year! My AA though is still a 5 star just like last year. And Nimrod seems to overlap roles with AA. so I just opted for my 6r3 Nimrod.

I did not have Prof X and Nimrod the last time. So I built up Apoc's evade charges from Spam...And I am just trying to avoid a repeat of that using Prof X.
  • Options
    MR_61088MR_61088 Posts: 195 ★★

MR_61088 said:

So I built up Apoc's evade charges from Spam...And I am just trying to avoid a repeat of that using Prof X.
    You can build the evade charges on korg himself.
    Parry, short break, 3x light.
    The last light hit will trigger mixmaster and you gain a charge without much effort and room to dash back ;)