**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is this happening to any1 in the arena grind?

WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 763 ★★★
I'm going through my usual routine on grinding through the arena where I'm at a win streak of 27. All of the sudden I pick what was lowest PI of the opponents champ when I have to choose from the 3 choices in the arena. This has never happen before while using R1 6* after getting through with a win streak of 15 or more. I'm probably doing something wrong.
I'll post the next photo in the follow up post.

Comments

• WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 763 ★★★

Usual I grind to a streak of 200 or more, and the PI of the opponent would be similar to the R1 6* I use.
    Shaktiman said:

This is really strange.
    I am at streak 30 but didn't face anything like this.
    You on sam wilson or galan arena?

Sam wilson
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,250 ★★★★
    Well in 12 win streak my rank1 6* gets matched vs summoners with rank3 rank4 rank4 6*.. yeah that is really challenging fight since usually it's rank4 Herc and Omega Sentinel.. after losing the streak it's back to another streak and it happens again.. my rank2 6* vs rank4 6* NF, etc.. one hit and its over.. really fun match up (obvious note of sarcasm)... if controls were ok might be a challenge but block not registering or AI being able to attack like block doesn't exist hurts a lot.. after combo the controls work but remember, im already at a disadvantage with damage from a rank4 6* and any block damage is pretty much chipping away at hp.. doubt kabam has team to fix any issues...

Disney Multiverse is taking their attention at the moment.. so bugs in MCOC are the norm.
  • PGK88PGK88 Posts: 84
    What i have observed is that between win streaks 7 and 14, you get high ranked and annoying opponents (Doom, KingPin, Hercules, King Groot, Fury etc.). Post which, you get matched to opponents that can be taken down using R1 6*s.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    As more people rank more R3 and R4 champs the threshold goes up. Always has. I don't generally grind enough arena to ever get back to my R1 6*s after the streak is established so I haven't experienced this, but you may need to throw in a R2 with your lower PI 6*s at this point.
  • The 6*r1 at streak 27 is indeed odd, especially if the opponent team selection was first one in team list.
    Previous feature arena I was doing up to the 4* champ milestone and I was dipping slightly into 5*r3 territory (or combination r4+r3) in that higher streak range without issue.

As for lower streak, you can not compare increasing hard matchups, because that is how it works when first building streak. Those are not a bug…

@Adi_tya0210 at streak 9. That is what you will get, opponents 2 ranks higher than your own.

@psp742 at streak 12 you will indeed get 6*r1 vs 6*r4. But if you use your higher (6*r2 or 5*r5 you should be getting Thanos/Kang team opponents which don’t have any Mastery so would be easier even though max ranked.

@PGK88 streak between 7 and 14. Yes, that is where ever increasing opponents come into play as you increase. Although when get to around 10 there, to use 5*r5 (as mentioned) to get Thanos/Kang opponents, it will be easier than a “real opponent with mastery” matchup at 3 ranks higher.

As more people rank more R3 and R4 champs the threshold goes up. Always has. I don't generally grind enough arena to ever get back to my R1 6*s after the streak is established so I haven't experienced this, but you may need to throw in a R2 with your lower PI 6*s at this point.

I also believe this is happening as well. Facing more opponents with R3 and R4 champs.
  • e_mace_mac Posts: 102
    With me it happens from time to time. Not always but it does. Dunno if it's a bug, but it does happen.
  • Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 460 ★★★
    Happening to me as well. They're generally winnable, but more hard work than I expect when playing arenas, which I normally play whilst watching tv etc.
  • ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    I noticed the change a while back, particularly when I was using champs that were never matched against high PI teams.
    I know that quick filling is the fastest way of selecting teams, but I ended up memorising mixed teams of r3 / r2 and r1 champs and it has never happened again.
    Debatable, but you might want to consider the time spent in trying to win those matches vs the time gained with quick filling.
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,250 ★★★★
    edited August 2022
    Here.. after 13th win.. a death match that doesn't make sense.

Killer Z has obvious advantages.. can I steal 1 or 2.. lol

Well well.. that went better than I thought.. patience is the key and dex dex dex.. pop pop pop.. dex dex dex.. until opponents hp is 'zero'.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    psp742 said:

Killer Z has obvious advantages.. can I steal 1 or 2.. lol

Well well.. that went better than I thought.. patience is the key and dex dex dex.. pop pop pop.. dex dex dex.. until opponents hp is 'zero'.

I mean, you're not 'safe' til' 20, so that fight isn't impossible at all. Honestly likely.
  • mmmbanyasmmmbanyas Posts: 131 ★★
    I always look on these threads hoping one day a team of mine ended someone’s streak
  • psp742 said:

Not yet grasping the concept (although congrats on your win against them).
    And for others as yet unfamiliar with how matching works.

At streak 3 or 4, matches are even ranked. (For this and below, could be 1 match higher or lower in streak #, but in general rules)
    Another 3 matches (so say Streak =7) opponents across the board now 1 rank higher than yours (each addit match, one of the 3 heroes gets bumped up by 1).
    Streak 10, opponents 2 ranks higher than yours.
    Streak 13, opponents 3 ranks higher (**) which is exactly what you got (as well as your earlier post pairings at 12)

(** footnote) so obviously when you bring champs where there is no more real teams that can be that number of ranks higher than yours, that is where you would see Thanos/Kang teams instead.
    So at 13 if you had been using 6*r2 or r3 teams (instead of lower 6*r1), then game can not pull an appropriate real opponent at such unavailable ranks yet, so it would give you a Thanos/Kang team instead.
    But 6*r1 is low enough that there is room for game to match you with 6*r4 opponents.

Note, a while back this was not the case the using 6*r1 at streak=13 (you used to get Thanos/Kang) because there were not enough real champs on players teams who could have been r4 at that time.
    As game goes on, more champs are attaining 6*r4 now, so game can field sufficient arena opponents of that rank to match against you now.
  • **Back to original issue by poster, team minimums at above 15+ streak point (not talking about below 15) **

OP pic was at Streak=27, team of 6*r1 total rating above 27.2k (not sure if that team rating was inflated due to any synergy they had ?), faced real-player death match 6*r3 rating above 50k.

I just tried to duplicate (in Feature, Galan arena), starting even earlier when minimum may still be adjusting, at Streak matches of 22/23/24, with progressively lower teams of 6*r1 non-Dup. (don’t have suicide mastery)
    (22) team rating 28.5k, normal matchup against 6*r1.
    (23) team rating 25.5k, normal matchup against 6*r1.
    (24) team rating 23.3k (my lowest r1/25 that I have, avoiding a synergy), still got normal 6*r1 matchup. **well below rating where OP had a problem.

Continued on to streak (31) where I used my lowest team of 5*r3, rating 18.6k, still was normal matchup in all 3 choices. So 21k team is not even required.

Never even got into “danger” territory where bottom choice is a mismatch one (while still giving normal ones for 1st 2 choices for opponent teams).

So, could not duplicate OP.

And dipping into 5*r3 (using my lowest in that rank)…

• (also noting this for @nephewstew , who had problem in another thread at #25, their 28k 6*r1 team vs 64k)
    unless they fixed something overnight (?)