**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Never too early to think about Gifting this winter

Comments

• Schmittonyou2Schmittonyou2 Posts: 29
    They will probably tier the gifts like they do with the offers. Smaller accounts will be able to gift but they won’t be able to gift GGC. It’s all speculation at this point.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,139 ★★★★

They will probably tier the gifts like they do with the offers. Smaller accounts will be able to gift but they won’t be able to gift GGC. It’s all speculation at this point.

Something like paragon can give paragon ggc and uncollected can give uncollected ggc... would mean alt accounts can only gift proven ggcs. I am sure that may annoy some.
  • SnapSchootSnapSchoot Posts: 13
    At the end of the day whether it is a change in requirements or you can only gift Progression-based GGCs, all of that would piss off an extremely large amount of players - especially F2P players who use gifting as a way to catch up.
  • I hope we get informed well in advance, allowing us to prepare well. I'll admit I have an Alt account and grinded units on it to be able to have some GGC as I Can't spend too high as some of the other players do. And if the past year's grind worth of units goes down the drain not sure I would want to play the game going forward.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Shaktiman said:

Please don't do 1 year account and level 60.
    Uncollected yes, do min level 50, account at least 6 months old and same alliance for 3 months.
    At least that is achievable.
    You will lose many players if it's too strict.

I dont think so that same alliance for 3 months is possible.
    Same with 6months/level 50 as you are focusing on your alternate account. What about the new (genuine) players who try yo play this game? They would miss the opportunity to participate in the event!
    Sometimes missing out is a motivator. When cavalier players got jobbed cyber weekend 2020, I saved my units and rushed to TB. When paragon became a thing, I finally got up and revisited act 7 exploration. Over the past two months, I’ve fully explored 7.4 and most of 7.2. 40 paths left.

They can still enjoy calendar crystals and other rewards associated with it.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    Include trade option alongside gifting.
    Atleast stop those losers of global, scamming honest naive players.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Wouldn’t surprise me if they just made gifting to your alliance the only method. That way if you made 30 accounts to gift yourself then you have a choice to make - drop out of competitive AQ/AW for a month or gift yourself a ton of stuff.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    Shaktiman said:

SandeepS said:

Something like paragon can give paragon ggc and uncollected can give uncollected ggc... would mean alt accounts can only gift proven ggcs. I am sure that may annoy some.
    Wonder how will you feel when you have 3 UC, 2 CAV, 5 thronebreaker and 6 paragon in your alliance but you cannot gift "GGC" to your alliance mates!? 😬
    I don't disagree. I wouldn't like it but they've mentioned there will be a change for sure so now we are awaiting these changes.
  • BlackOracleBlackOracle Posts: 254 ★★★
    Mauled said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if they just made gifting to your alliance the only method. That way if you made 30 accounts to gift yourself then you have a choice to make - drop out of competitive AQ/AW for a month or gift yourself a ton of stuff.

A whole month without AQ or AW..done and one.

As a player without alt accounts because I don't care to or want to mess with it, I don't understand players who have problems with them. Why does it matter if a player is "gifting" themselves in the end? If they put in the time and effort to find a work around that doesn't break the TOS (which alt accounts clearly don't), there shouldn't be any problems with them. It's just one account gifting another. The only problem people have is that it's the same person giving and and receiving the gift? So what? If that person puts in work to make that happen why shouldn't they get the benefit of their work? Have you never bought yourself something you worked for? I just really don't understand the problem... 🤷‍♂️

It's also a terribly stupid idea to make this a "trading" event (although I understand a lot of times players agree on gifting a certain amount of units worth of items beforehand). If players choose to return a gift out of kindness, gratitude, or even obligation, there is nothing wrong with that and I think all the more of that system. But to make it MANDATORY completely kills the vibe of the event. It is a gifting event, it should remain that way.

Because the way units are handed out, they can be accrued more efficiently across multiple accounts. It’s a windfall you can’t get from handling your main.

3 rounds with max 4-stars gets me 26 units. 3 more rounds on the same account gets 0, because I won’t reach 150,000 points yet. Meanwhile, 3 rounds on an alt nets me 26, then 26 more if there’s a third account. 9 rounds on my main is worth 39 units. 9 rounds across three alts is 78.

Logging in gets me 100 per month, but I can get 100 per account. I can use one item or do one arena fight to ensure 3-day rewards (200ish per month depending on alliance activity). I can get daily level up rewards, EQ completion and more. For that matter, I could do 30 paths of EQ and get completion rewards on 5 accounts. Meanwhile 30 paths on my main only provides me with exploration for one account.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    TyEdge said:

As a player without alt accounts because I don't care to or want to mess with it, I don't understand players who have problems with them. Why does it matter if a player is "gifting" themselves in the end? If they put in the time and effort to find a work around that doesn't break the TOS (which alt accounts clearly don't), there shouldn't be any problems with them. It's just one account gifting another. The only problem people have is that it's the same person giving and and receiving the gift? So what? If that person puts in work to make that happen why shouldn't they get the benefit of their work? Have you never bought yourself something you worked for? I just really don't understand the problem... 🤷‍♂️

It's also a terribly stupid idea to make this a "trading" event (although I understand a lot of times players agree on gifting a certain amount of units worth of items beforehand). If players choose to return a gift out of kindness, gratitude, or even obligation, there is nothing wrong with that and I think all the more of that system. But to make it MANDATORY completely kills the vibe of the event. It is a gifting event, it should remain that way.

Because the way units are handed out, they can be accrued more efficiently across multiple accounts. It’s a windfall you can’t get from handling your main.

3 rounds with max 4-stars gets me 26 units. 3 more rounds on the same account gets 0, because I won’t reach 150,000 points yet. Meanwhile, 3 rounds on an alt nets me 26, then 26 more if there’s a third account. 9 rounds on my main is worth 39 units. 9 rounds across three alts is 78.

Logging in gets me 100 per month, but I can get 100 per account. I can use one item or do one arena fight to ensure 3-day rewards (200ish per month depending on alliance activity). I can get daily level up rewards, EQ completion and more. For that matter, I could do 30 paths of EQ and get completion rewards on 5 accounts. Meanwhile 30 paths on my main only provides me with exploration for one account.
    Ok, but why is that a problem if someone takes the time/effort/hassle to mess with alts? That's what I don't understand. From what it sounds like you are saying is everyone has equal opportunity to have alts if they choose to devote the time and effort to it, which I agree. So, why the complaint for those who have them if they can benefit using them, particularly during gifting event? I just don't see the issue...
  • AntsiouAntsiou Posts: 158 ★★
    @Spurgeon14 I totally agree with you. I don’t understand the issue really.
    Some pointed out that it messes the economy of the game. I don’t see it.
    I have 3 alts, one done long before the change implemented last year, as I wanted to start fresh. It took me two + years to get to cavalier as I still use most of my time on my main.
    The other two are just sitting there, not even fulfilling the requirements.
    My main is paragon and I actually have more units on my cavalier alt. I can gift my main ggc, but all the rank reward for alliance go to my alts really, and that’s not a big advantage.
    All in all, it fits me, might not fit everyone. I imagine there’s just quite a few players out there who consider it unfair cause they chose not to do it. Fair enough.
    Antsiou said:

@Spurgeon14 I totally agree with you. I don’t understand the issue really.
    Some pointed out that it messes the economy of the game. I don’t see it.
    I have 3 alts, one done long before the change implemented last year, as I wanted to start fresh. It took me two + years to get to cavalier as I still use most of my time on my main.
    The other two are just sitting there, not even fulfilling the requirements.
    My main is paragon and I actually have more units on my cavalier alt. I can gift my main ggc, but all the rank reward for alliance go to my alts really, and that’s not a big advantage.
    All in all, it fits me, might not fit everyone. I imagine there’s just quite a few players out there who consider it unfair cause they chose not to do it. Fair enough.

The argument that alt account gifting "breaks the economy of the game" is soo ridiculous. First of all whales will still break the economy with gifting, because they can easily bring up an alt account to L60 & TB and gift themselves. Besides that, whales & also people who just spend a little are at any time breaking the economy of the game. Especially with the daily specials & the new catalyst store.

I rather see the "alt-acc-gifting" from F2P players as a mechanism to correct the economy of the game at least a bit.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    I'm willing to first see what the changes are as I believe there have been some changes Kabam has done lately which are beneficial to the community. I'm not saying I'm not going to have my own reservations about potential things that could be done which are not good, but I'm going to wait and see then make the appropriate review of the changes.

I'm hopeful that there are going to be some positive additions. I keep hoping that everyone could get a 2* version of both Kang and Thanos. I've wanted to get those champions, but never been a part of an alliance that gets ranked high enough or never had good RNG from the GGC. I figure if we all got a 2* version of both Kang and Thanos we could all enjoy having them in our roster while at the same time not diluting the value and time for those who have 5* and 6* versions of either.
    @Adevati I think 12 hours play time for Level 40 & Act 4 Exploration is also quite optimistic. So the calculation gets worse for the GGC grind compared to main acc grind.
    Adevati said:

TyEdge said:

This is one of the most common arguments and most common misconception. People perceive the alt units at a 1:1 value to a main. But those units are buying RNG heavy GGCs that, by themselves, are poor value for 300 units. Add in rank and alliance rewards and the GGCs get a bit closer to a good value. But a main account doesn’t get those rewards from receiving GGC.

I’ve recorded the average return from over 1,000 GGC from YT openings.

First, it takes around 12 hours of play time to get an alt from creation to level 40/proven. At that point, that account will have about 3,000 units.

So 12 hours for 10 GGC.

The average rewards for 10 GGC are:
    6750 6-star shards
    14,000 5-star shards
    2 6-star sig stones
    650 T3A Fragments
    400 T6B Fragments
    75% T2A
    10% T5CC
    20% T5B
    1 T4CC
    750,000 gold

Let’s compare opportunity cost. 12 hours of Arena Grinding on average nets (shard estimates are very conservative, likely at least double):
    700 units
    500,000 gold
    6,000 5-star shards
    1,000 6-star shards

So, the question is, do you want the main account arena rewards or the 10 GGC package for the same time investment?

Or, in other words, if a deal came out that had:
    5,750 6-star shards
    8,000 5-star shards
    650 T3A
    400 T6B
    75% T2A
    20% T5B
    10% T5CC
    1 T4CC
    250,000 gold

Would that be a great deal for 700 units?

Whichever way you lean, the point is there isn’t some massive gain/exploit by alt gifting.
    I’m prognosticating, but you’re going to be wrong in 2022 IMO because I think this weekly catalyst store is a sign that gifting crystals will be substantially different in 2022.

I don’t disagree with your 2021 analysis but those crystals gave a shot at otherwise inaccessible items (at the time) like 6-star gems and t6b.

They can’t fill the 2022 crystals with t2a that they’re selling for 60 units and call it a day. Plus, these alt accounts are being grown over time. Let’s say the requirement this year is uncollected and level 45. Does it substantially reduce new entries? Yes. Will most of the 2021 gifting accounts qualify? Also yes.
  • FitnesscwFitnesscw Posts: 216 ★★
    Just make it progression based. You can send based on what's available the tier you are in. I think ggc could be a uncollected and higher and anything less can be a "lesser gifting crystal". I have a few alts that I have actually been playing for a few years to prepare for the gifting event. I think the time I put into them should be able to gift my main some essentials. In my opinion.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,283 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

How much time investment is this? Do you have a break up of what it entails on each account with the amount of units you can potentially grind out? You are probably correct about little time you need to grind 3 rounds of arena with max 4* champs and 100 units from login calendar but how long do you need to grind to get 3 maxed 4*?
    As far as alliance events are concerned, if you are just doing 1 arena fight or spending 1 item, you will get the boot even from a low but active alliance. Forget about individual daily events. If your account is uncollected or higher, you can’t get those easily unless you actually spend time grinding them out.
    But according to you what is the time investment required?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Adevati said:

Whichever way you lean, the point is there isn’t some massive gain/exploit by alt gifting.

Your math has some gaps. I've seen gifting farms. I've reported them, and I've had them sent to me (whereupon I've reported them). They are gigantic. And if it took 12 human hours to create one such alt, then I've personally seen individual farms that would have taken tens of thousands of hours to create them. They don't take 12 hours of actual human effort to make, unless the person running the farm is capable of raising the dead to use as free labor.

Moreover, you don't even have to be a mega bot farmer to gain the benefits of unit transfer. I have alts that I just let hum all year long, some of them years old. If you are willing to level up small-time alts over an entire year, rather than try to blitz them all at once, they don't take that long to level up, because throughout the year you will get opportunities to shortcut the process. I have experimental alts in their teens with 5* champs. It would take them a lot less than 12 hours to blast through the low Acts. *If* I chose to use those to funnel units to my main, those units would be almost free.

In fact, just off the time of my head I can think of a way to cut the time to level up alts at least in half, that does not use bots, does not use exploits, does not violate the TOS, and I absolutely will not post here. But if I'm the only person who has thought of it, that would be ridiculous. It is simply too obvious for sufficiently nefarious minds.

The math used to "prove" unit redirection isn't actually economically viable seems to overlook the obvious real world examples of it being economically viable. Usually, people vastly underestimate the profitability of the activity, or seriously overestimate the cost of doing this if cost was all you cared about. Yes, there are people "doing it normally" that would find the economic benefit far lower than what is possible. But unfortunately, those are not the people the rules are made to constrain.

It’s crazy that there are only a few here that actually hate the whole alt gifting main account “issue”. Like what’s the problem honestly?? It isn’t breaking the economy or anything. I could literally drop $10,000 right now and STILL not be anywhere close to competitive with some of the big whales of the game. The fact that this game has really been driven towards spending has hurt the economy of the game and cast out all of the F2P players out there. So we find a way to compete by spending our hard earned units through other means. We aren’t using bots like those issues with arena. I’m spending HOURS grinding away at content to become eligible.

I really hope the event is unchanged

That goes both directions. How are you gonna feel if the event is unchanged (mostly) and you pop a 300-unit crystal that gets you a t2a you could’ve had for 60?

The mere existence of the catalyst store changes what the gifting crystals need to contain for fair value.

On the other hand, if there’s a premium crystal with t6b, t3a, t5cc, 6-star shards, stones and AGs, how are you gonna feel if someone can grab 50 of those from alts?
    Graves_3 said:

TyEdge said:

How much time investment is this? Do you have a break up of what it entails on each account with the amount of units you can potentially grind out? You are probably correct about little time you need to grind 3 rounds of arena with max 4* champs and 100 units from login calendar but how long do you need to grind to get 3 maxed 4*?
    As far as alliance events are concerned, if you are just doing 1 arena fight or spending 1 item, you will get the boot even from a low but active alliance. Forget about individual daily events. If your account is uncollected or higher, you can’t get those easily unless you actually spend time grinding them out.
    Alright, here’s what I’ve done -

I had an old account in mothballs. I took the 4-star Hercules and used the trade-in store to get an AG. I became uncollected and level 40. Between 2021 gifting and some good luck, I had enough champs to get a first clear on variants 5/6/7 and reach cavalier. So now I’ve got a ridiculously topheavy cavalier roster.

I coast through map 4 with a few moves a day (you can take the minis noded) and autofight quests when I can’t play tough content. I get the hero use and level up units. I get all the 3-day units. If I get a better Sinister counter, maybe I push for TB (clearing 6.4 is enough).

So I’m definitely playing the account some but not on anything challenging. Whatever that is.
  • AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★
    TyEdge said:

Adevati said:

TyEdge said:

This is one of the most common arguments and most common misconception. People perceive the alt units at a 1:1 value to a main. But those units are buying RNG heavy GGCs that, by themselves, are poor value for 300 units. Add in rank and alliance rewards and the GGCs get a bit closer to a good value. But a main account doesn’t get those rewards from receiving GGC.

I’ve recorded the average return from over 1,000 GGC from YT openings.

First, it takes around 12 hours of play time to get an alt from creation to level 40/proven. At that point, that account will have about 3,000 units.

So 12 hours for 10 GGC.

The average rewards for 10 GGC are:
    6750 6-star shards
    14,000 5-star shards
    2 6-star sig stones
    650 T3A Fragments
    400 T6B Fragments
    75% T2A
    10% T5CC
    20% T5B
    1 T4CC
    750,000 gold

Let’s compare opportunity cost. 12 hours of Arena Grinding on average nets (shard estimates are very conservative, likely at least double):
    700 units
    500,000 gold
    6,000 5-star shards
    1,000 6-star shards

So, the question is, do you want the main account arena rewards or the 10 GGC package for the same time investment?

Or, in other words, if a deal came out that had:
    5,750 6-star shards
    8,000 5-star shards
    650 T3A
    400 T6B
    75% T2A
    20% T5B
    10% T5CC
    1 T4CC
    250,000 gold

Would that be a great deal for 700 units?

I’m prognosticating, but you’re going to be wrong in 2022 IMO because I think this weekly catalyst store is a sign that gifting crystals will be substantially different in 2022.

I don’t disagree with your 2021 analysis but those crystals gave a shot at otherwise inaccessible items (at the time) like 6-star gems and t6b.

They can’t fill the 2022 crystals with t2a that they’re selling for 60 units and call it a day. Plus, these alt accounts are being grown over time. Let’s say the requirement this year is uncollected and level 45. Does it substantially reduce new entries? Yes. Will most of the 2021 gifting accounts qualify? Also yes.
    We don’t know if they’ll boost the rewards; they barely buffed them from 2020 to 2021.

We do know they are, and have been, boosting T3A/T6B in unit deals. So that makes units even more valuable on your main vs being funneled via GGCs.

The 6-star AG that the GGC has are extremely rare. So rare it wasn’t even worth adding to the quick analysis. Out of now 2,500 GGC openings I’ve looked at. The drop rate is 1 in 500 GGC.

The bulk of the easy units are from Act 1-3 exploration. The rest take a lot more grinding and become a poor time investment. For example, I have an alt that zero’d out last holiday. That account, after months of casual playing is only at 1500 units. In theory, I should trash that account and start new. But my motivation isn’t solely gifting. I enjoy playing alts as a means of grinding.

So if they do add some gate that only makes those 2021 accounts eligible, the viability of farming drops drastically.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    edited August 2022
    Graves_3 said:

TyEdge said:

My point exactly. And it sounds as if the complaint is that players can just create alt accounts and get all these units to gyp the system. But it's not as if it's easy or doesn’t require a grind. And in my opinion, if you are willing to put in the work for all of those alt accounts, then I don't have any issues if you can some how get a benefit from them later, specifically during the gifting event.