**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Honest question about future of MCOC

What would you do if 7 stars comes to the game? What do you think about the future of MCOC?

Comments

• GeneralNappaGeneralNappa Posts: 102
    edited August 2022
    We got 6*s before we could max out 5*s or at least close to it, so it could be On the horizon. Beyond external sources (like gear which is already viewed negatively by the community way back when) and relics if they ever come to improve your characters, rarity increases are the only next step once you're maxed out. Hoping thats a ways away yet personally though.

Edit: fat finger typos
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    If you want to know how things will go, look up posts for the introduction of 6*'s and version 12.0.

You will feel better about the future of the game.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    Reddit has some of the best posts, because they don't censor much.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 755 ★★★
    What will be "interesting" to see is whether KABAM will do a similar slow roll out of 7-stars, with mostly meh champs, and then every few months (presumably with feature crystal rotations) add more... or whether your firs 7 start couple truly be any champion (that is available today as a 6 star anyway).

Also... since 6 star max sig crystals are now a thing... will they change when 7 star shards come out?
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,480 Guardian
    edited August 2022
    Game has to progress somehow, if it ends at 6* r5 having max power, what would whales spend money on once they have a ton of 6* r5s? I'm not sure what kabams idea is, but I do think their plan is to have relics replace 7* champs as the progression item in the future. If 7*s do come, they would come when act 8.4 is released. 6*s got released when 5.4 was released which was when ftp players could first r5 a 5* by just exploring act 5.

Even if 7*s come to the game, they'll be generally ignored for a solid year or so since a lot of champs need awakened and/or sig 200.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Interesting dialogue on the topic.
  • Ben_15455Ben_15455 Posts: 234
    They wouldn't add 7 stars
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    There's always going to be a next step, and that next step is always going to involve working on some new aspect. Otherwise the game will end much faster than the plans they have laid out. Personally, I'd rather see a new Rarity than additives to existing ones. That model become stale very quickly.
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 917 ★★★★★
    It’s difficult enough to sig up 6* champions. 7* would be a bridge to far. But it seems like from @Kabam Miike comment that the next thing to chase won’t be another tier of champions.
  • kus234kus234 Posts: 170 ★★

Aldac said:

The real shift to 5 stars had only just begun when I first started playing (late 2017). 6 stars came into the game soon afterwards but it took quite a long time to shift to the 6 star meta.
    I feel like relics or some other way to upgrade 6 stars would go down a lot better with the community than simply releasing a new rarity. I like champ collecting but I doubt I’d be thrilled by having to start all over again. Maybe there could be a way for champs to be upgraded beyond rank 5?

Respecting the existing Rosters of Players is a MUST for us as we move forward with Power Progression. Relics, 7-Stars, or what-have-you. It's no secret that there will always have to be "the next thing" for players to chase, but how we do that is what really matters.

We learned from the introduction 6-Stars, and I don't think any of us (you all included) are eager to go through that again.

Aldac said:

The real shift to 5 stars had only just begun when I first started playing (late 2017). 6 stars came into the game soon afterwards but it took quite a long time to shift to the 6 star meta.
    I feel like relics or some other way to upgrade 6 stars would go down a lot better with the community than simply releasing a new rarity. I like champ collecting but I doubt I’d be thrilled by having to start all over again. Maybe there could be a way for champs to be upgraded beyond rank 5?

Respecting the existing Rosters of Players is a MUST for us as we move forward with Power Progression. Relics, 7-Stars, or what-have-you. It's no secret that there will always have to be "the next thing" for players to chase, but how we do that is what really matters.

We learned from the introduction 6-Stars, and I don't think any of us (you all included) are eager to go through that again.
    I see some spoilers here