**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Iphone X - Champs dashing in instead of blocking [Fix in Next Update]

Comments

• unknownunknown Posts: 378
    Not just an iPhone issue. It's been an issue for months across the board
  • Thank you.
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    I have no problems with Blade's regeneration. I do find however, that when I try to scroll through things by swiping the screen down (for example, checking who placed who in AW, scrolling through crystals to get to the bottom), my palm every so lightly touches the bottom left corner of the phone. This cases whatever I am looking at to close out, and sometimes it even activates the chat icon on the corner and opens up the full screen chat screen.

I am wondering if the problems people have is because of this. If you play without a case, a thin case, have big hands, or like to tap closer to the middle part of the screen, perhaps you palm is touching the screen and messing up your commands.

Maybe there is a way to fix this by more intelligently reading what is a "deliberate" press vs an accidental touch.
  • Accidental touch is not what's happening in my case. I used a huge Griffin Survivor case and still experienced issues. I can hold block with blade sometimes and sometimes he dashes forward. I notice it with Wolverine as well. Some champs do it more than others. Dashing back after blocking is almost impossible without me lifting my thumb up off of the screen first.
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    rich20121 wrote: »
    Accidental touch is not what's happening in my case. I used a huge Griffin Survivor case and still experienced issues. I can hold block with blade sometimes and sometimes he dashes forward. I notice it with Wolverine as well. Some champs do it more than others. Dashing back after blocking is almost impossible without me lifting my thumb up off of the screen first.

ouch, sounds terrible :(
  • I just got a new phone x and it happens all the time. I have been using my iPad and I does happen but not as much as the iPhone x
  • B1gG4zB1gG4z Posts: 146
    Maybe because the screen is bigger the halfway point on the screen is to 1 side, so what your thinking is a block might actually be an attack... I don’t know I know I had my iPhone X from the release day and i haven’t had any problems at all. I have no idea why mine works and many others are having problems. It’s certainly a crazy bug lol
  • @Kabam Wolf any update?
  • @Kabam Wolf Will this be fixed prior to Act 5 Chap. 4? This is sure to effect legends runs and story progression. I personally won’t play any further into story mode until this is fixed.
  • FreakydFreakyd Posts: 200
    I've had this problem on my android phone and tablet for months as have many.
  • Just2310Just2310 Posts: 16
    A little dissapointing that this is happening. The resources weve wasted because of this is ridiculous. Tired of spending on revives because the game just doesnt work properly.
  • To me its more than a little disappointing. I can't believe something this major has not been resolved yet.
  • I noticed the same issue with my OnePlus 5T which is also a 18:9 screen.

Android 7.1.1
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey @cUbA_LiBrE. I will let the team know that this is also impacting the OnePlus 5T. Thanks for letting me know.
  • ElkramElkram Posts: 3
    IF Kabam fixes these issues, will there be something to compensate us for the massive amount of valor, glory and/or units we've had to spend just to complete AW/AQ paths? And I'm not talking about a general, to everyone "I apologize the game hasn't been acting as it should" and provide everyone equal rewards. I get problems with software, as I'm in the industry; however, we try to make people whole at least.
  • Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    Elkram wrote: »
    IF Kabam fixes these issues, will there be something to compensate us for the massive amount of valor, glory and/or units we've had to spend just to complete AW/AQ paths? And I'm not talking about a general, to everyone "I apologize the game hasn't been acting as it should" and provide everyone equal rewards. I get problems with software, as I'm in the industry; however, we try to make people whole at least.

No and there shouldn't be.
  • Having similar issues with my iPhone X on act 5 I was using a lot of units because when I block it end up dashing. When I switch back to my iPhone 7 Plus no issues
  • MarcusUnreadMarcusUnread Posts: 143
    @Kabam Wolf

I am also having one of the issues mentioned in this thread. It’s not all the time but typically once or twice every few arena matches I press block to parry or simply block with my left thumb but instead my champ dashes. I think it has happened in AQ/AW but I’m not positive. I am certain it happens in arena.

iPhone 8 Plus
    iOS 11.1.2
    Latest version of MCOC
    WiFi and Data
    Many different champs
  • lankster39lankster39 Posts: 13
    I don't think this just the iphone X as it happens occasionally on my iphone 7 plus IOS 11.1.2 just not as often as you are talking about I have also had champions where I am ready to start a combo run back as far as they can and stand there. Control always returns after these glitches. I have also had problems in the arena with fighting the cosmic spider-man champion. I have fought him twice now in the arena once with 3* 4/40 red hulk (duped) and once with 3* 4/40 war machine (duped) I had over 5.000 health or better on both and when cosmic spider-man 3* 4/40 started his Sp3, I was in the block position it never went to a cut scene and my champions fell face down dead with the cosmic spider-man standing on the other side of the screen. I have also opened the mastery Collar Tech and its no longer locked but it is open but I am unable to add any points to the mastery.

In all this game is very very buggy and hard to play without getting upset sometimes. I wish Kabam would fix these problems.
  • RaidouRaidou Posts: 27
    edited December 2017
    Info for the rest of you guys with this issue..

I made a video https://youtu.be/seVBx4DXMD8 which shows how MCOC responds slowly. I think this is the reason for all our issues, the game laggs and does not register our taps or swipes properly...thus resulting in various things like the attack instead of dodge etc.

I have also registered things like when you minimize game to check Line or something and then maximize it again it gets frozen for 2 seconds ish, which never happened before the iOS update. Again it doesn't happen every time.
  • rjancaszrjancasz Posts: 29
    @Kabam Wolf Any update on this. It is still a big issue on the iPhone X. Game is essentially unplayable on that device. Can you confirm that the fix will be in Tuesday’s update?
  • AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    edited December 2017
    Love how there is an update 7 days apart while Character standing/Not responding gets absolutely no response whatsoever. Once for over a MONTH!..... And its been more than 3...
    edited December 2017
    Hey guys. As of right now, it's looking like the fix will be ready for 17.0, but I will post an update if it looks like it's going to make it into 16.1. Thanks again for your patience.
    Post edited by Kabam Wolf on
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey guys. As of right now, it's looking like the fix will be ready for 17.0, but I will post an update if it looks like it's going to make it into 17.1. Thanks again for your patience.

Did you mean "if it's going to make it into 16.1" ?
    @Raidou sure did! I edited the post. Thanks for the heads up.
  • @Kabam Wolf Wait a minute, 17.0? So basically anyone with an iPhone X is screwed for another month after a full month already? And all the xmas goodies and events that you guys posted about are now are basically wasted for people with the phone? I know for a fact I won’t be able to clear any uncollected difficulty events because of this issue. Will we be compensated for this or just a “thanks for your patience”?
  • @Kabam Wolf sorry, had my numbers mixed up. My bad. Thank you for your help on getting it done by 17.0.
  • DarthCrowDarthCrow Posts: 2
    I have had the same issues for the last month since I got my iPhone X..... feel like a liability to my alliance and have blown so many units, loyalty, valor, etc on trying to compensate for this awful game play. Feel the same way as most that this makes the game unplayable/not enjoyable. I understand you have no control over updated devices, but I cannot afford monetarily to keep going like this and I spend a decent amount on this game....
  • So 16.1 is being released December 5, when does 17.0 come out? does this mean it's going to be a while until the iphone x actually works properly?