**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

MCOC OCD Kabam: I need help

AddictorAddictor Posts: 355 ★★★
I’m obsessed with this game, technically for champion collection and roster completion. I know nobody cares and I don’t play war. Every time I flex, my post was either deleted or negatively commented. Now quicksilver cavs are about to come, I’m so worried about my bank card. You know what I spent 50 Odins on Hercules cavs last year! Kabam why are your odds so cruel? But I have OCD, esp kabam made him the second highest prestige champ. I really wanna go for him, but at the same time, I’m so stressed about the gamble. I’m so broke because of this game. I know you guys might be laughing at me, but I really don’t know how to escape from this OCD! And the featured 6 star crystal is also not guaranteed, I’ve tried 20 still no Hulkling! Kabam would you please show me some love? I do need help!

Comments

• LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Also maybe just delete the game, that would stop that OCD feeling
  • Soar2878Soar2878 Posts: 143 ★★
    edited August 2022
    It seems like you have three options:
    1. quit the game
    2. seek psychological help
    3. remove your ability to buy things

Going into heavy credit card debt to play a video game would be a horrible thing to do.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Addictor said:

I’m obsessed with this game, technically for champion collection and roster completion. I know nobody cares and I don’t play war. Every time I flex, my post was either deleted or negatively commented.

You have 2x forum account posting the same 10x screenshots of your roster everytime.

It's unnecessary, also not allowed by per forum rules (unless that other account is someone posting for you, which is still weird)
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    Man, I see two options:

1) you have diagnosed OCD. Then seek help of a professional, because it's a real illness. And I mean it, what you described seems like a big issie that needs medical attention asap

2) you just claim to have OCD, while in reality it is just a disguised alibism. In that case you would have to get yourself disciplined. I don't believe this is the case tho.
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★

Lpoo said:

50 Odin’s? Bro.. that’s half of a down payment on a house. I really enjoy this game too, but it really sounds like you need to put the phone down my friend

Where do you live that would work? It would take about 500 odins here.
    It definitely depends on where you’re looking. the down payments are higher where I live now, but where I grew up is around average.

• Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    I don't expect anything to change if you are coming to the game forum to ask for help?

Spending of 50 odins...you need to quit the game an seek some help. If this post is serious (could be screwing with all of us to get good comments on your photos), $5,000 for one character, you really should get some help. That is unhealthy.
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 925 ★★★
    Addictor said:

SuelGames said:

LOL i first thought this was a joke when i started reading, but apparently this is serious and u need help asap my friend, maybe should let ur wife take care of ur finances for a while, assuming u have one.

edit: Jax never disapoints, such a mvp

What if I don’t have a wife bud
    I think the first step should be look for one! lol

Jokes aside, u should let someone else handle ur finances for a while, because clearly u have good income and a game addiction, i also love this game, but u re just flushing ur money through the drain m8, so since its something u obviouslly cant control and u know that, u should have someone to pump the breaks for u :)
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Addictor said:

I’m obsessed with this game, technically for champion collection and roster completion. I know nobody cares and I don’t play war. Every time I flex, my post was either deleted or negatively commented. Now quicksilver cavs are about to come, I’m so worried about my bank card. You know what I spent 50 Odins on Hercules cavs last year! Kabam why are your odds so cruel? But I have OCD, esp kabam made him the second highest prestige champ. I really wanna go for him, but at the same time, I’m so stressed about the gamble. I’m so broke because of this game. I know you guys might be laughing at me, but I really don’t know how to escape from this OCD! And the featured 6 star crystal is also not guaranteed, I’ve tried 20 still no Hulkling! Kabam would you please show me some love? I do need help!

First, Kabam is not going to change the odds of crystals to allow compulsive spenders to get what they want sooner. That's just not going to happen. The odds aren't cruel, they just are.

Second, if you're serious about having an issue with spending impulsively on MCOC, then I have two options for you, one that requires discipline, and one that presumes discipline will fail.

The first one: save for the next one. Quicksilver is not going to be the last high prestige game added to the game. There will be another, and another, and another. Tell yourself you're not going to spend in QS, because you're saving for the next one. When the next one comes along, save for the next one. Break the cycle of spending impulsively by redirecting that impulse to a closely related impulse: saving up for the next target. Hopefully, this will allow you to step out of the cycle of doing things impulsively and start thinking strategically. After all, you can always obliterate your finances on crystals tomorrow if you want. It doesn't have to be today. Tell yourself, tomorrow's crystals will always be better. So just don't buy them, today.

Second: lock your money up. Go to your local bank, ask about their best certificates of deposit. They require you to buy them and hold them for a substantial amount of time, six months, a year, two years, or even more. If you have $5k and you're worried you'll spend it one something stupid, spend it one something smart instead. Buy a financial investment that sends the money out of reach. All you have to do is be disciplined on the one day of the year those things mature and you have to roll them back into another thing. The rest of the year, you don't have to worry, because you can't spend it.

Also, cut up your credit cards. No one who spends impulsively should have credit cards. They will eventually destroy you. Destroy them first.

DNA man, you should have a podcast about life.
    No matter how silly the OP, you always put a lot of genuine thought and wisdom into your posts which are very enjoyable to read.

OP. DNA is right. I’m an impulsive spender as well, so I bought bonds for almost 8 years until I decided to invest what I had saved. Essentially, I tried to make it difficult to access my own savings. I am hoping that you can do the same.