**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Honest question about future of MCOC

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Wozzle007 said:

It’s difficult enough to sig up 6* champions. 7* would be a bridge to far. But it seems like from @Kabam Miike comment that the next thing to chase won’t be another tier of champions.

I wouldn't go that far.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

Interesting dialogue on the topic.

Frankly I really want to hear what whales think of this game current status and their expectation of future development. This is the voice which affects Kabam the most but I seldom heard of. The role of Seatin used to be one of them but his role is a bit mixture of revenue source and spender, and he has been slowed down already. Idk the boundary of whales but at least it may be better if someone who spent $1k per month in this game can voice out.
  • LanguLangu Posts: 63
    For me 7* would be interesting if:
    - they bring new features (5* minigame at sk3; 6* with health recovery) i would like something cool like teambuild ala strikers
    - you can choose your champ after (very) long work via 10 champ selector crystal maybe incl. awakened ability and max sig :) (i know, that makes it difficult later for 8*)
    - the max sig is increased
    - and maybe bring new skin and sk animations ;)

• StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    We could get some kind of bonus to apply to champions that can enhance their signature or some attributes.

Each bonus could change one the stars, turning it from silver to red or green or blue, depending of the kind of bonus used (attack, defense, signature… 🤷‍♂️)

That could add some diversity to champions as no one wil have the exact same champions
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022
    I'd welcome the idea of relics or 7* in the future, it will certainly still keep me entertained and hooked on the game. Something has to give at some point else the game will just die.

I'm not against any new ideas they bring to further the game, really don't understand why people are so against 7* either tbf
  • GoingBackGoingBack Posts: 100 ★★
    I could get behind 7*s if they were unique champs not in the game (and not replacing new 6* champs). Maybe characters like Galactus, Franklin Richards, Onslaught, Living Tribunal, Beyonder, etc. Something that could only be used in questing for now or unique end-game content. Some way to empower 6* past rank 5 (relics, rank 6 etc) will likely be the path forward.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★
    OmegaMan said:

I have been with this game since the beginning and would quit with a 7* announcement or introduction.

The scale of economy would be too great. Many (the majority) of us can’t even keep or get resources to get the next level of 6* champs beyond R3. We are well into the 6* era and the game economy still lags way behind progression.

There’s a lot of stuff that would need fixed in game before 7* could even be a consideration of possibility.

You realize that's exactly what they would do yes? Look at 5* now, how easy is it to take a 5* from r1 to r5?
  • KILLMФИGЕЯKILLMФИGЕЯ Posts: 122 ★★
    I would imagine they will implement something like their Disney Mirrorverse champs ranks ups where you upgrade your 4* into a 5* by duping then after a certain amount of shards. In mcoc case, I would think it would be through relics then eventually star rating but keeping your invested champs and using lower star ratings to increase their levels?! Who knows
  • CatmanndoCatmanndo Posts: 738 ★★★
    Relics sounds interesting, but 7* would be my retirement.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★

I would imagine they will implement something like their Disney Mirrorverse champs ranks ups where you upgrade your 4* into a 5* by duping then after a certain amount of shards. In mcoc case, I would think it would be through relics then eventually star rating but keeping your invested champs and using lower star ratings to increase their levels?! Who knows

I think we're already too far into the game to do something like that now. It would have been awesome early on but without the story structure to justify it, we would have capped out really fast and we would have seen a major dip in player participation early on
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,808 ★★★★★
    In my opinion, an extra rank for 5*s (rank6) and two extra ranks for 6*s (rank6, rank7), would extend their “life” and buy at least couple of years, until the “next thing” is needed to the game.
    Whether that is 7*s or relics, it doesn’t seems players are in a rush for that 😂
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,894 ★★★★★
    IMO adding 7* champs would be the worst idea not only cause no one wants to rebuild their roster again but because it's the laziest and most boring option. If hey want us to stay engaged, they can't just re-do what they did with 6* champs and expect us to take it. Get creative with leveling champs.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    It's not rebuilding a Roster in that sense, and working on our Rosters is always going to be a part of the game. There is no "set for life".
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

It's not rebuilding a Roster in that sense, and working on our Rosters is always going to be a part of the game. There is no "set for life".

Yeah, but it's the "starting over" for all of the exact same champs that loses its luster. We've done it multiple times already. Right now, there are 230 champs in game and that just keeps growing. I've been collecting 6* since they came out and have 104 right now - not even half of all that are available and I'm pretty active. Do I want all of them, no, but the problem is the pool is so deep now, the chance of getting ones you want (those that do certain things, that you enjoy just for the character, etc.) is increasingly becoming smaller and smaller. Even a general nexus of 3 champs doesn't really help solve that problem, nor does a class specific one or a dual crystal and they're still pretty difficult to come by as 6* crystals anyway.

No one with a deep 6* roster is using 1, 2, 3, 4 star champs unless they have to, or just to show off some unique game interactions and skills (that she-hulk abyss run was nice, but not realistic). For the most part, the end game folks aren't even ranking up 5* to R4/R5 either unless there is a specific gap that a champ fills until the 6* comes along. Everyone will eventually get to a point where they realize there is no real benefit to ranking their lower champs, especially when they need those resources to rank up the champs that accomplish the most in the game (Act 7 was all about the 6* boost so that R1's even work better than 5* R5 in a lot of cases).

No need to respond. Just my take on why I would absolutely leave the game if/when it happens. I, personally, have no desire to start my 7* roster and begin collecting the exact same champs again. I would however, be open to utilizing my existing roster, in some meaningful, new and interesting way, or doing new content that is not based on the same champions, in a new tier.

You're free to do what you like, but if people are under the impression 7*s aren't a possibility that ensures the game continues, then that's not realistic.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022
    I think one thing you may forget though, if and when 7* do arrive, that first set of basic pool will have some of the newer champs mixed with older and that first featured pool will have the newest plus probably a good mix of highly sought after champs. 6* wasn't like that because the level of effectiveness and desirability of those chamos then pale in comparison to what's available now.