**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Main thing that will prevent spending on offers

rwanders1978rwanders1978 Posts: 104
edited August 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
People will probably be surprised that this is not another post about the Quicksilver SW synergy

I have become frustrated that items that have been paid for using cash are expiring at an alarming rate, especially 30% boosts and T5b

The wise thing people will say is not to spend but I don’t think this is the business model Kabam are wanting

Can Kabam please find a way to prevent items that are offered in cash bundles from expiring. When people spend there hard earned cash on things they expect to be able to use them

I have already brought this up with support and they were less than helpful

Thanks

Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• rwanders1978rwanders1978 Posts: 104
    It would be nice if we could get a comment from Kabam as logically people would be encouraged to spend more of the items could be kept for use and not expiring after 14 days. I have 3 more in the expiry from tbe QS pre release
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

It would be a great QOL improvement If we could refresh the stash expiry time back to the original
    Amount for an amount of gold (since that’s all we get for selling them) or maybe a low amount of units. As we already paid money for them.

This is not to nit pick your language, but since Kabam actually has a QoL program they've mentioned in the past it is important to note that your request would not be considered a QoL request that the QoL team would be allowed to work on, because allowing a player to keep things in their stash indefinitely that the game otherwise intends to expire - because if things aren't going to expire that's essentially having unlimited inventory which goes against the intent of the stash in the first place - is a game economy-changing request.

I'm not saying it is an inherently invalid request. Just something the QoL team would not be able to address in any form.

Just use them then.

They won't make it last longer in the stash just because you decided to pay to get it

I have no meaningful content left to use them on

I need them for war and that’s about it

The point is they shouldn’t have an expiry date if they’ve been paid for. I can understand the items earned in game expire that is not an issue. Rare items only available to purchase should not expire
    Kabam is never going to let people squirrel away hundreds of boosts from purchased bundles. Those things are specifically intended to be used not stored. If the option existed to keep them indefinitely, players would not be getting them in the quantities they currently are. They would actually be "rare items" you'd get one every so often in the occasional purchase. You're getting lots of them *because* they expire, so the devs have more latitude to flood in-game purchase bundles with them.

The absolute best you could hope for would be for boosts purchased in cash bundles to be different boosts, in an analogous way to how war and AQ boosts were split off into their own things, with their own inventory slots. Cash-purchased boosts could live in their own inventory slot so they aren't shared with gameplay earned boosts. But they would still ultimately be use or lose.
    Would just be easier to ha
    DNA3000 said:

Just use them then.

They won't make it last longer in the stash just because you decided to pay to get it

The point is they shouldn’t have an expiry date if they’ve been paid for. I can understand the items earned in game expire that is not an issue. Rare items only available to purchase should not expire
    Kabam is never going to let people squirrel away hundreds of boosts from purchased bundles. Those things are specifically intended to be used not stored. If the option existed to keep them indefinitely, players would not be getting them in the quantities they currently are. They would actually be "rare items" you'd get one every so often in the occasional purchase. You're getting lots of them *because* they expire, so the devs have more latitude to flood in-game purchase bundles with them.

The absolute best you could hope for would be for boosts purchased in cash bundles to be different boosts, in an analogous way to how war and AQ boosts were split off into their own things, with their own inventory slots. Cash-purchased boosts could live in their own inventory slot so they aren't shared with gameplay earned boosts. But they would still ultimately be use or lose.
    Would be nice to hear from Kabam on there thoughts

If someone pays for an item they expect to be able to use it. If they don’t want to prevent them from expiring they need to increase the timer as 2 weeks is a joke. These things only show in the most expensive bundles
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022

DNA3000 said:

Just use them then.

If someone pays for an item they expect to be able to use it.
    Paying or not is irrelevant. You can use the items, you just don't want to.
    If you don't see a reason to buy them then you can also not buy them in the first place
    Paying or not is irrelevant. You can use the items, you just don't want to.
    If you don't see a reason to buy them then you can also not buy them in the first place

Paying is not irrelevant you are totally wrong. If Kabam agree with you that people spending money on items are irrelevant let’s hear it

Very soon in Europe new laws around loot boxes will be coming in to prevent customers being ripped off. This is the type of thing that will be targeted
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    I'm going to have to agree with OP on this one. Obviously not all items should be exempt from expiring. Easily farmable items like potions, revives, energy refills, ISO are perfectly fine to expire if not used but these boosts are specifically paid resources that cannot be infinitely farmed anywhere in the game. They could simply be offered as crystals and they're not. Even just adding them to the rewards tab of the stash first after purchasing could extend their shelf life by up to 30 days from purchase and would be a nice compromise.

And comparing these to a bottle of milk is a terrible analogy. Yes the bottle of milk "expires" but that is subjective. No one comes and takes the bottle away and says you didn't use it in the allotted time so it's ours now.
    Comparing digital items to food is ridiculous. Kabam can do something about the digital items

I only posted to see what Kabams thoughts on the matter was, didn’t expect to attract forums trolls comparing food and mobile gaming

Comparing digital items to food is ridiculous. Kabam can do something about the digital items

I only posted to see what Kabams thoughts on the matter was, didn’t expect to attract forums trolls comparing food and mobile gaming

You may ask what Kabam's opinion on a matter *also* is, but you may not specifically demand answers from Kabam or suggest that only Kabam can answer or respond to a post. The forums are here for players to discuss the game between each other, and the moderators are here primarily to moderate conversation and secondarily to add to the discussion where appropriate.

4. We facilitate this community for you to have a place to discuss, support and connect with each other. We’re here to keep the conversation constructive and fair. We won’t be jumping into every thread or post or responding to every direct tag. However, please know we do read them all! If you need assistance with an issue that you feel needs a direct response please use the link in the game to contact Support directly.

If you want a direct response from Kabam, and you consider all other responses to be irrelevant, you can open a ticket with support, you can PM a mod, or you can write them a letter.

They actually directed me to the forums.

“ The forums are a great place to share ideas! We have a marvelous player community that loves to explore the details and design of Marvel Contest of Champions. You can share your ideas and learn about what changes other players want in the game”

• Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I think an item you paid with real money should not expire. Because you’re paying for it. If you receive it via a crystal or through a quest or milestones then they should have expiry date. That’s my opinion but it’s not anything lol
  • _colo_colo Posts: 50

Who disagreed with me? I must know how you stop your milk expiring? Keeps happening to me.

Its a very incorrect analogy, but I'll play along. You can keep that milk in your fridge as long as you want. You're also free to drink it whenever you desire. Nobody is forcing the removal of it, which is what Kabam is doing with these boosts.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    _colo said:

Who disagreed with me? I must know how you stop your milk expiring? Keeps happening to me.

Its a very incorrect analogy, but I'll play along. You can keep that milk in your fridge as long as you want. You're also free to drink it whenever you desire. Nobody is forcing the removal of it, which is what Kabam is doing with these boosts.
    Even if you were to store milk in your fridge, it has an expiry date. Eventually it will go bad and you will want to throw it out. Trust me, no one wants to deal with expired milk.

And did they also say "post a question on the forums and ask Kabam for a direct response. That's their job: to answer your questions. Tell everyone else you don't care about their opinions, only Kabam's, because their opinions don't interest you."

I did read your original post, and my recommendation stands. If you want to talk to players, you come here. Kabam employees *may* contribute, but statistically speaking they probably won't. If you want to talk to Kabam only, talk to them directly. If they don't reply, or don't give you the reply you want, that's life.

Ah sorry thought you must have missed the part where I said I already raised a ticket. Didn’t expect a helpful forum member to just have me repeat something I already did

I don’t see any issue with posting on the forum with a hope that a mod will comment and pass the discussion onto a developer sorry if it is messing with your statistics
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★

Just use them then.

I mean its not like they're never gonna add new content or anything.
    I know this and I don’t have an issue with items expiring that are earned in the game

I only have an issue with the items expiring you have paid money for
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    You say you don’t have meaningful content to use those boosts, but do you grind arenas regularly? Makes the arena grind hella quicker when you pop those green boosts.

You could also use the expiring energy refills to farm some Lv1 revives to exchange for Lv2 & Lv3 revives when the Trade-in store becomes active.

You can always find some use for those expiring items. Don’t let them expire unnecessarily.
    I have no issue with the expiring energy etc I will farm revives

The issue I have are the 30% boosts obtained from the most expensive offers. These are the only items I have an issue with expiring