**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Diminished Rewards

TrenzaloreTrenzalore Posts: 182 ★★★
Does anyone else feel that rewards in general for the game are failing to keep up with players needs? The lack of gold, catalysts and alpha make most content far from appealing to invest time into. The updated rewards for EQ fell short of being helpful.

Comments

• TrenzaloreTrenzalore Posts: 182 ★★★
    Siliyo said:

According to who? If you’re doing the bare minimum and expect to be given gold to rank up your 5* and 6*, you’re mistaken.

I’ve 100% completed all EQ difficulties and all side quests for the month. Rewards are lacking.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    This is the problem...
    There will never be a balance unless u work for it..
    If they are giving little ammount of shards.. people complain about access to champions...
    They give u a bunch of cav crystals monthly now thru objectives... People now want gold, iso and ranking up mats for those champions...
  • Ken1378Ken1378 Posts: 279 ★★★
    In some areas of the game, the rewards are horribly outdated (ie. the standard alliance events and arguably incursions), but in most areas of the game, rewards are just mildly outdated (AW, AQ, solo events). And some areas even have have pretty decent rewards (EOP and Act 7).
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★
    Ken1378 said:

...arguably incursions...

I would think there are zero arguments about incursions. Seems like the forgotten game mode. Don't think it got even a single pot in compensation when everything else did and hasn't had a rewards update in a longer time than any other mode (as far as I'm aware). The 90 day reset is ridiculous also with the pace of the game's economy.

Most of the solo and AQ rewards are not progression based, which make them outdated once you reach a particular progression level.

Yeah - EOP and Act 7 make you wonder... should I even participate in an alliance?!
  • Ken1378 said:

In some areas of the game, the rewards are horribly outdated

I collect them anyway out of nostalgia.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Too many rewards and we'll have 7*s before you know it. Rewards are fine.
  • silentagsilentag Posts: 428 ★★★
    I think what bears clarification is what exactly qualifies as the supposed necessary bump in rewards? What “needs” exactly aren’t being met?
  • TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    Alliance 3 days events such as (villain use or arena wins) and summoner advancement definitely could use a buff, the last time it was upgraded was around 2018 and incursions rewards as well
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    edited September 2022
    I think one of the best things Kabam can do is create a schedule to determine when they need to reevaluate rewards in game for various things. Group them into 12 Categories and then basically update one of them each month so that they can make sure each one gets adjusted at least annually. This way, rewards can only get so far out of date before they will get updated. Groups could be as follows although I know I don't have 12

AW/Loyalty Store
    AQ/Glory Store
    Battleground & Store
    Monthly Event Quest
    Arena
    Incursions & Store
    Daily and Weekly Objectives/Solo and Alliance Events
    Daily Event Quests
    Calendars (Monthly, Weekly) & Daily/Free Crystal
    Summoner's Sigil and Catalyst Store

Side Quest and Story content don't really fit into this concept as they are always different each time anyway.
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,101 ★★★★★
    K00shMaan said:

I think one of the best things Kabam can do is create a schedule to determine when they need to reevaluate rewards in game for various things. Group them into 12 Categories and then basically update one of them each month so that they can make sure each one gets adjusted at least annually. This way, rewards can only get so far out of date before they will get updated. Groups could be as follows although I know I don't have 12

AW/Loyalty Store
    AQ/Glory Store
    Battleground & Store
    Monthly Event Quest
    Arena
    Incursions & Store
    Daily Event Quests

Side Quest and Story content don't really fit into this concept as they are always different each time anyway.

Only problem with that is then these things are only getting reward updates once per year and we know most of these desperately need it more
    OGAvenger said:

K00shMaan said:

AW/Loyalty Store
    AQ/Glory Store
    Battleground & Store
    Monthly Event Quest
    Arena
    Incursions & Store
    Daily Event Quests

Only problem with that is then these things are only getting reward updates once per year and we know most of these desperately need it more
    I don't know man. If you made the rewards so that they felt good for 4 months, meh for the next 4, and then outdated for the last 4, I would think that is a significant improvement. Keep in mind that the biggest reason that rewards become outdated is via other rewards getting improved.
  • K00shMaan said:

AW/Loyalty Store
    AQ/Glory Store
    Battleground & Store
    Monthly Event Quest
    Arena
    Incursions & Store
    Daily Event Quests

This makes an assumption: that rewards should go up over time, specifically due to time. However, that's not true. Rewards are adjusted for economic reasons, not because they are "old." So the devs would never adopt a "schedule" that committed them to constantly updating - read increasing - rewards. Nor would they expose themselves to the situation where they would have to justify not increasing rewards, when the default assumption was that they would be on a periodic schedule. That's simply not how game economies are managed.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 757 ★★★
    The rewards are fine... in certain areas as their stores get their periodic buff... but other areas where its been a while since they have been buffed... they are grossly out of date, and the process to rotate through all the stores needs to continue.
    DNA3000 said:

K00shMaan said:

AW/Loyalty Store
    AQ/Glory Store
    Battleground & Store
    Monthly Event Quest
    Arena
    Incursions & Store
    Daily Event Quests

This makes an assumption: that rewards should go up over time, specifically due to time. However, that's not true. Rewards are adjusted for economic reasons, not because they are "old." So the devs would never adopt a "schedule" that committed them to constantly updating - read increasing - rewards. Nor would they expose themselves to the situation where they would have to justify not increasing rewards, when the default assumption was that they would be on a periodic schedule. That's simply not how game economies are managed.
    You'll actually note that I didn't specifically even say increased, I said re-evaluated. Not everything would need to get bumped up although I probably wouldn't expect any rewards to be decreased. However, yes the rewards have to increase over time, not necessarily the best rewards but if you want this game to continue you at least need to boost earlier rewards so that people who started the game later are able to develop a roster that allows them to participate in a competitive way.

Furthermore, by not having a schedule, they expose themselves to a situation where they have to justify not increasing rewards literally every time the next cycle of that content comes out. Literally almost everything in this game runs on very specific schedules. Kabam has often preached that they want to improve communication with the community. Having them acknowledge the reward structure of the various game modes even when they don't get improved would be nice.
  • K00shMaan said:

DNA3000 said:

K00shMaan said:

AW/Loyalty Store
    AQ/Glory Store
    Battleground & Store
    Monthly Event Quest
    Arena
    Incursions & Store
    Daily Event Quests

You'll actually note that I didn't specifically even say increased, I said re-evaluated. Not everything would need to get bumped up although I probably wouldn't expect any rewards to be decreased. However, yes the rewards have to increase over time, not necessarily the best rewards but if you want this game to continue you at least need to boost earlier rewards so that people who started the game later are able to develop a roster that allows them to participate in a competitive way.

Furthermore, by not having a schedule, they expose themselves to a situation where they have to justify not increasing rewards literally every time the next cycle of that content comes out. Literally almost everything in this game runs on very specific schedules. Kabam has often preached that they want to improve communication with the community. Having them acknowledge the reward structure of the various game modes even when they don't get improved would be nice.
    The idea that rewards are supposed to be improved on a schedule is an interesting idea that I'm unaware of any dev team adopting and this team has been disavowing for years, but maybe you'll succeed where everyone else everywhere else failed.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,674 ★★★★★
    I've actually been feeling the (almost) complete opposite: I feel like rewards are coming in fast and loose, but not the content to actually try out all of my new shiny champions in. That has led me to just rank up fun champs and then kind of...eh...well...not doing much with them.

I really hope Battlegrounds changes that. Hopefully it'll be a place where I can continuously use my champions and test them out against really tough content (at least in terms of playing as quickly and as flawlessly as possible within a time limit). I don't expect Kabam to be able to release story content quickly enough to satiate me (and that's okay, albeit a little sad), but I do think that BG can revitalize the game and offer an ongoing challenge.