**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Are Alliances now Obsolete?

2»

Comments

• Trillionaire6Trillionaire6 Posts: 43
    edited September 2022
    No
    DNA3000 said:

I'm totally blown away by the majority of people here saying they replace AW and AQ for arena grinding and spending actual money. Unreal. Arena doesn't give you ****. And tell me how the glory store is irrelevant when I can buy a t5b and t2a every week from minimal effort? Suggesting to someone that spending money is the way to go is asinine at best. Sounds like a bunch of kabam employees spamming the thread.

I wouldn't say AQ is redundant, I think the glory is quite valuable relative to the effort involved for most players, but you're severely underestimating the arena. I've been buying eleven (the cap) T2A from the catalyst store using units I'm getting purely from arena grinding, and that's just a fraction of the units I get per week. That's simply not possible using the glory store no matter how much glory you're earning.
    Yeah but the amount of time you are spending to do that is also ridiculous. Way too much time and effort in the most tedious content available. I'm not underestimating arena one bit...you're spending hours and hours and hours to get 600 units and blowing them immediately. If you have that much free time, more power to you. I find spending units on literally anything else more valuable. And if that's only a fraction, how much are you getting per week and how?
  • No

DNA3000 said:

I'm totally blown away by the majority of people here saying they replace AW and AQ for arena grinding and spending actual money. Unreal. Arena doesn't give you ****. And tell me how the glory store is irrelevant when I can buy a t5b and t2a every week from minimal effort? Suggesting to someone that spending money is the way to go is asinine at best. Sounds like a bunch of kabam employees spamming the thread.

I wouldn't say AQ is redundant, I think the glory is quite valuable relative to the effort involved for most players, but you're severely underestimating the arena. I've been buying eleven (the cap) T2A from the catalyst store using units I'm getting purely from arena grinding, and that's just a fraction of the units I get per week. That's simply not possible using the glory store no matter how much glory you're earning.
    Yeah but the amount of time you are spending to do that is also ridiculous. Way too much time and effort in the most tedious content available. I'm not underestimating arena one bit...you're spending hours and hours and hours to get 600 units and blowing them immediately. If you have that much free time, more power to you. I find spending units on literally anything else more valuable. How are you getting that many units from arena when max milestones only get you 135 units? And if that's only a fraction, how much are you getting per week and how?
    I always get at least all the milestones in the featured arena, which is 135 units. I also always grab the first two milestones in the trials arena, which is 26 units for three rounds. No matter how busy I am, I always grab that. Usually, but not always, I get the milestones from the basic arena, which is 135 units. That's 296 units every three days, or 592 units per week. I sometimes do more trials, but 600 a week is about the floor.

But that's just from milestones. I also get battlechips.which convert to units. At the moment I am opening about one million BC worth every three weeks or so, which on average generates 1900 units. At least that's what my long term average is, although the statistical average should be 1800 units per one million. Let's go with that number. That is 600 units per week from arena crystals.

So I'm getting about 1200 units per week at least from the arena. I could get more, and I used to get more, but I've slowed down my grinding a bit. In actuality, I'm probably averaging a bit more than that, but that's a safe number.

It does take some free time to grind this much, and I don't expect everyone to be able to do that, but most people also aren't getting tons of glory from AQ either. My alliance currently does Map 6/4/2 and gets about 170ish million and about 4000 glory per week. This places us consistently within the top 4000 alliances in AQ, which is not spectacular, but also in the top 20% of all alliances in the game, more or less. The vast majority of players are doing far less. The amount of arena grinding to equal that effort would also be far less than what I'm doing. Consider the effort it takes to earn 52 units per week in the arena is literally one arena round per day. If we assume AQ is at least half an hour a day, that translates to about 12-15 arena rounds per day. That's not an insignificant amount of arena rewards.

Also, while I do need free time to arena grind, I don't necessarily need *dedicated* time. I can grind while watching TV, while listening to music, while doing lots of other things concurrently where the time isn't strictly dedicated to grinding. That's not the case for AQ. If I'm not focused on AQ when I'm doing AQ, there goes all my glory on AQ potions.
  • WhyMe1984WhyMe1984 Posts: 67
    edited September 2022
    Yes
    I would say yes, but only because the benefits falls off once you get to a certain progression level... those alliance event rewards helped me a lot a long time ago but they should really get a buff and/or be based on the alliance's prestige or something... AQ and war rewards need buffs as well... I took a break from alliance life for about to weeks to runs suicides and 100% act 6 and honestly didn't notice nothing different other than not having to ask for help (which should be automatic) after arena.. which I kinda liked since I was just farming units...
  • No
    I definitely read that as 600 every three day, so slightly more reasonable. Your battle chip luck is absurd! I literally just opened 1m in thronebreaker arena and got the minimum. I usually save up for 5 at a time and it gives me gold 99.99% of the time. I am nowhere near the posted drop rates. If you are truly averaging that, you're hitting numbers that I've seen from no one other than YouTubers. My buddy saved 3m and got 0 units, quite a bit different than kt1 opening 3m worth. I think expecting units from those crystals is a joke. How much time are you spending to hit max milestones, 3 hours a day? That is a huge time sink in my opinion, and I'm not going to stay up until midnight every night to make sure I hit arena milestones. I can log on twice a day for 20 minutes and do my AQ and AW fights and be done. Very little effort for rewards you are saying you can only get by spending units elsewhere. Anything beats spending units in my opinion. Sure I might not be getting tons of glory, but I'm also not spending 10 hours every arena cycle just grinding when I probably play that much in a full week. Expecting people to grind this much arena as a substitute to an alliance seems near sighted at best, and is promoting a unit only currency that will force people to spend money who can't spend the time. As someone who is ftp, I find this upsetting.

And come on, I know you have a massive roster and AQ can't be difficult for you lol
  • CapriciousCapricious Posts: 215 ★★

Saying arena doesn’t give you 🤬 right before mentioning something that arena directly and reliably gives you (EVERY SINGLE DAY) is an interesting debating strategy 😂
  • No
    Capricious said: Trillionaire6 said:I'm totally blown away by the majority of people here saying they replace AW and AQ for arena grinding and spending actual money. Unreal. Arena doesn't give you ****. And tell me how the glory store is irrelevant when I can buy a t5b and t2a every week from minimal effort? Suggesting to someone that spending money is the way to go is asinine at best. Sounds like a bunch of kabam employees spamming the thread.

Saying arena doesn’t give you 🤬 right before mentioning something that arena directly and reliably gives you (EVERY SINGLE DAY) is an interesting debating strategy 😂

Try to keep up, it's already been explained. I don't have 3 hours a day to do arena like you, I have other things going on. Not reading the thread and then commenting is an interesting attack strategy.

Capricious said:

Try to keep up, it's already been explained. I don't have 3 hours a day to do arena like you, I have other things going on. Not reading the thread and then commenting is an interesting attack strategy.
    😂 😂 😂 ALRIGHT… Yeah I just use my max 4 stars in the summoner trial. It takes like 10 minutes. And then I build up to about 20K battle chips and pop the small arena crystals at the same time, I always get 45 units that way. Just a thought bud, take care.
    Also now that I think about it you said that you can go through AQ with minimal effort for glory rewards. Well have you considered the amount of units you get at the start of the month from autoplaying EQ, the daily units you get from basic stuff like leveling up your champions and other miscellaneous sources, and even things like daily rewards, story mode, etc? I would love to see someone do a comp of what it looks like to only use the glory store to get those rewards vs only using units (and even a set amount of time in arenas I.E. an hour total per day) I would bet a GGC (lol I’ve got JOKES) on the units being able to overtake the glory in terms of rewards. There’s also a cap on the glory store rewards as well that is more aggressive than the unit deals (shocker! 🫣😱 I know)
  • ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 460 ★★★
    Yes
    Throne breaker here honestly it's just a drain at this point and the effort Vs rewards doesn't cut it for me, there's enough content with decent rewards for less effort, and I don't have to worry about any other players not getting lanes cleared or dying in war
  • Kibble001Kibble001 Posts: 58
    No
    If the point of the poll to see what players think is the cost vs benefit, theres some weird answers.

If you havent been in an alliance lately, you cant really answer this. With loyalty store..my alliance doesnt use any health or revive potions except for the 40% revive at the loyalty store. So AW costs us relatively nothing. And having t6b and t3a in the loyalty store means its all benefit. You even get about the same loyalty for loosing a war. So if your goal is to get r4’s, this is a no brainer. Regardless of gifting.

In AQ, like someone posted..you can get materials to r1-r3 stuff in the glory store. Amd they’ll have events for alliances in battlegrounds I believe.

You want to go at it and explore act 6 and 7? Thats fine, but its not like players in alliances cant do that either. We just have a lot more options to get stuff.

Yes, if you have disposable cash, these days you can buy a heapload of stuff they are selling. But I am betting most players wont spend that much and alliances will still help them get to tb and paragon. In no way are alliances deemed obsolete because a handful of players want to solo content.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    The main takeaway I've got from this thread is that if you are not in the Top 1% or so of Alliances, you are able to replace all the rewards you get from AQ and AW with your Wallet and the new Catalyst Store.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    No
    Glory is incredibly valuable, and loyalty even more so now
  • No

And come on, I know you have a massive roster and AQ can't be difficult for you lol

The massive roster doesn't help me that much on my path. I'm on the infamous path 1 on Map 6. I actually used J4 to select Overseer and then immediately take him to R4, because the 5/65 I was using had zero margin for error. Even now the margin for error is low, because inputs being what they are you're going to miss a block here and a parry there, and if you screw up the wrong dash back lots of defenders can get a (un)lucky crit on you and one-shot you, which is expensive to recover from when each member of your attack team has a specific job on your path.

Your battle chip luck is absurd! I literally just opened 1m in thronebreaker arena and got the minimum. I usually save up for 5 at a time and it gives me gold 99.99% of the time. I am nowhere near the posted drop rates. If you are truly averaging that, you're hitting numbers that I've seen from no one other than YouTubers.

Actually, my numbers are reasonably consistent with everyone else who has done actual long term measurements. I haven't seen credible measurements that were wildly different. The problem is when you're opening TB crystals, one million BC is just twenty crystals. You have a 15% chance per crystal to drop units, which means the statistical average for twenty crystals is only three. It will be very common when the average is three to get two or one or even occasionally zero.

This is the average number of units I got, and the number of unit drops I got, for all the TB arena crystals I've opened to date. This is 25 batches of 20, as I generally open them one million BC at a time:

There is huge variance in there, because there's going to be when you're only opening twenty at a time. But what is the actual long term average across all 500 crystals? 93 units per crystal (46500/500) or 1860 per 20 crystals (one million BC worth). Basically in-line with the calculated statistical average.

You shouldn't open TB crystals if you don't want to see those 375s (the minimum) because they are going to come up. In fact, statistically speaking, I should be seeing my first zero unit batch at some point: it should happen on average once every 26 batches.

By comparison, this is what 22 batches of UC crystals looks like (opened one million BC worth per batch; 100 crystals):

Way less variation between batches, because you're opening five times the number of crystals per batch. What''s the measured average for those? 1926 per batch, which for this sample size is statistically consistent with 1860 above, and more or less within the margin of error for the calculated average of 1800 (which for those UC crystals is in the general vicinity of 100 units or so).

That's forty seven million BC worth of drop data that confirms the calculated statistical average as being around 1800 per million battlechips, with the pigeonhole variations you'd expect for those sample sizes.

Incidentally, I don't record batches, I record individual drops. This is to check to see if the drops are not just conforming to averages, but also conforming to statistically reasonable variations in clustering. This is what 2200 UC arena crystals looks like, for example, when the unit drops are highlighted:

That seems fairly random to me.