**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5* crystal cost reduction?

We all know that 6* champions will be available very soon, but to get those you ofcourse need to dupe 5* champions. This will be very hard for some people because kabam, now netmarble, keeps adding 5* champions to the crystals. I think the cost of 5* crystals should be lowered to 5000 shards or less, preferably around 2500 shards. This way 5* champions are more accessable and allows the 6* crystals to cost maybe 7500 shards.

In addition to this, i want to make request for kabam: can you put Wolverine in the 5* basic pool?

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Yeah, that gives anyone who has been hoarding shards several extra crystals which seems a bit unfair to just randomly give some people more tries because they were saving. As extrpa said, they plan on increasing the shard availability. They’ve already doubled the shards in the monthly quests. There’s plenty available when the rest of act 5 comes
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    The shards have increased including in offers, calendars and events to earn them
  • This is all true, but they keep on adding like 4 to 6 new 5* champs each month. We cant keep up with that unless they stop adding new champs, increase shards or decrease crystal cost
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    NDK13 wrote: »
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    The cost of the 5-star crystal will not change. They plan to increase the availability of the 5-star shards in the game at certain point.

Here comes the police. Anyway they said that back in june that they are going to increase the amount of 5 star shards and I don't see any of it.

so someone else has an opinion, and its actually the correct policy as stated by Kabam, and you start trolling them? Lost all respect for the thread straight away there
  • CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    Forum police is here . .....😱😱😱😱😱😱
  • GruftyGrufty Posts: 186
    This is all true, but they keep on adding like 4 to 6 new 5* champs each month. We cant keep up with that unless they stop adding new champs, increase shards or decrease crystal cost

If will only be another 3 months where they add 6 champions and then I think they will have caught up so will then become 2 new champions a month added to the basic crystal.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    We all know that 6* champions will be available very soon, but to get those you ofcourse need to dupe 5* champions. This will be very hard for some people because kabam, now netmarble, keeps adding 5* champions to the crystals. I think the cost of 5* crystals should be lowered to 5000 shards or less, preferably around 2500 shards. This way 5* champions are more accessable and allows the 6* crystals to cost maybe 7500 shards.

In addition to this, i want to make request for kabam: can you put Wolverine in the 5* basic pool?

Just no. You suggest making the 5* as hard to get as a 4* which is ridiculously easy now.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    He has a point. This is almost exactly what happened with the fives introduction and now here we are seeing history repeat itself with the six stars. When the 5s came out the majority of the players in the game didn't have ranked 4s and had very few 4s at all. 5's were introduced and all the goodies to raise them and the guys at the top who had ranked 4s grabbed em and shot out ahead. The rest of us just continued to grind thinking we would close the gap but no! We got 4s but not the stuff to raise them...now most of us that have been around have a decent 4 star roster and better odds of duping but we got a piddling number of unduped 5s. Watch! It will be when the 7 stars come out (better not laugh history is already repeating itself) when the majority of us get to a reasonable dupe rate on 5 stars. The imbalance is being maintained not corrected. So the day will come when the top starts frothing at the mouth for 7s when the rest of us are thinking, "damn! And I still haven't max out a five star yet!"
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    They dumped? What 111 champs into the crystal that in December a year ago had what 15? 20? Tops?
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Have you seen the rewards for the uncollected difficulty? 7500 5 star shards...
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    For the love of God, no. That will just lead to more crying about t1a.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    To be fair to Extripa this time. You can get like 70k 5* shards thus month. Plenty.
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 423 ★★
    Rap wrote: »
    They dumped? What 111 champs into the crystal that in December a year ago had what 15? 20? Tops?

They have only added around 24-26 champs into the 4* crystal since last December
    Over exaggerating
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    Stara99 wrote: »
    Rap wrote: »

They have only added around 24-26 champs into the 4* crystal since last December
    Over exaggerating

They mean the 5* basic. And they have added 70+ champions into that crystal since December.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/57/new-5-star-champion-addition-and-changes-to-5-star-featured-hero-crystals

Your chance to dupe is probably 25% of what it was and will only get lower.
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Yeah, that gives anyone who has been hoarding shards several extra crystals which seems a bit unfair to just randomly give some people more tries because they were saving. As extrpa said, they plan on increasing the shard availability. They’ve already doubled the shards in the monthly quests. There’s plenty available when the rest of act 5 comes

Yes, it's definitely unfair that people who play strategically and use a little discipline be rewarded for their efforts. Totally unfair.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    How is hoarding playing strategically? That makes no sense. Some people want a specific champ like blade that will come out later and some like me want champs of the class I have 3 awakening gems for. If I open my 3 5* tomorrow and then they reduce the cost I would be pissed because I want iceman and AA so I can use my gems. I have wasted 5* shards that way. Someone saving for blade would get more tries at the champ than they should. The logical solution is an increase in 5* shards which Kabam has done well doing in the update being released tomorrow
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    They can’t reduce the cost of 5* without giving us all back the difference... example I have opened 16 feature 5* crystals at 15k each and only landed the feature 7 times. In theory I have wasted 4.5 extra 5* champs but is risk I wanted to take.

The cost just has to stay same and shard easier to get which they are. You now get 10k per month just from monthly quests
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    How is hoarding playing strategically? That makes no sense. Some people want a specific champ like blade that will come out later and some like me want champs of the class I have 3 awakening gems for. If I open my 3 5* tomorrow and then they reduce the cost I would be pissed because I want iceman and AA so I can use my gems. I have wasted 5* shards that way. Someone saving for blade would get more tries at the champ than they should. The logical solution is an increase in 5* shards which Kabam has done well doing in the update being released tomorrow

Yes, it is strategic, they are foregoing the opportunity to possibly have a champ that will help them immediately by holding the shards; paying a premium on the featured crystal and thereby increasing the chances of pulling the champ they want.

You could strategically hold the shards until a featured champ of the class with which you hold an awakening gem appears, but again... discipline.