**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

If Kabam decides to nerf a champion via the buff program, should we expect rank down tickets?

SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
edited September 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
Not saying it’ll happen often. But it would suck to awaken and max a good champ only for Kabam to slap a nerf on right after. Does Kabam have a way to *refund* players when this happens?

If Kabam decides to nerf a champion via the buff program, should we expect rank down tickets? 163 votes

Yes, should be expected
58%
MasterSmokeSnakeEyes69DeeparviBitterSteelMan2thMongoPawnTristanFireatwillTerrayossMityAntCropDustercausticcfpreludeRbk19GarloKiptonadeBrokenRasiloverSandeepS 95 votes
No, It was your choice to rank the champ
41%
GroundedWisdomLeNoirFaineantxNigphillgreenMagrailothosFoxhero007Pwf57ShadowstrikeTotal_Domin01CassyPanchulon21CupidTheHeroDeservedAckbar67Zuko_ILC10or_StrongRockyshockyspiderbites0196Colinwhitworth69SCP1504 68 votes
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    Actually the whole rebalancing program is just a safety measure in case a new kitty or herc has been created by mistake, so I don't expect any RDT will be given in this scenario
  • Foster04Foster04 Posts: 90
    Yep, they're only going to nerf to make the champion go from absolutely broken op to just op, so I don't think rank down tickets are necessary.
  • Yes, should be expected
    I'd say it depends. If it is a small tweak but the champ is still great, then no. But if they nerf valkyrie and QS and it causes them to fall from top 5 prestige, then they better be giving RDT and refund sig stones because people will have put tons of resources into them for just top 5 prestige no matter their use.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★
    Rank up at your own risk.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    Yes, should be expected
    If they wont give back things like awakening games and sig stones then I'm not going for any new champ. Was impacted with Moleman.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    I would ultimately say no. HOWEVER.
    It does really depend on the kind of adjustment they make. Is it a change that slightly lowers the damage a champ does. Or the healing or what have you. No, we should not get rank down tickets.
    But if they remove a very big portion of the champs utility. And that utility is one of the main reasons people use the champ. It should atleast be considered.
  • Davidn281Davidn281 Posts: 8
    Kabam won’t have to give jack cause they covered their butts. If you spend the money, too bad too sad!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Lpoo said:

They have every right to do so. But because of this, I won’t spend a dime on any new champs until their “buff” period ends.

Their "buff" period has been the entire duration of the game. Champions have always been subject to review. Their methods have changed.
  • Master_mischief69Master_mischief69 Posts: 236 ★★
    Yes, should be expected
    They have to give RDT, because I update a champ for their abilities, if they removed it in the name of rebalance, literally my update materials are waste, and I have no longer need that champion.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★

But if they remove a very big portion of the champs utility. And that utility is one of the main reasons people use the champ. It should atleast be considered.

Which is the primary reason they issue out rank down tickets currently, so really nothing would change.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,863 ★★★★★

They have to give RDT, because I update a champ for their abilities, if they removed it in the name of rebalance, literally my update materials are waste, and I have no longer need that champion.

Nah. You're wrong.
  • AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Posts: 388 ★★★
    Yes, should be expected
    SCP1504 said:

They literally announced the balancing program to be able to tell you that you knew that the champ may get nerfed within a specific time period

Think about it, they always had the ability to buff/ nerf anybody they didn't need to announce nothing

So no, if you get a new champ and rank him up then it's your responsibility

I would say that the 6 months "safe" period is too much
    2 or 3 months since release ought to be enough

Saying it's 'your responsibility' is a pretty dangerous take. We're talking about real money here a lot of the time. This is taking gambling to some insanely ridiculous level. Not only should you now be expected to gamble to acquire the champ, but now you're also expected to gamble on that champ being the same one that you spent money for?

It's blatantly unethical at that point. If you're still defending it, you're just siding with the business over the consumer for no legitimate reason.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Of course not, this is out of question! A rank down ticket will cancel the very purpose of the whole balancing program!
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,032 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022
    Luckily, I'm going to have Infamous Iron Man cast his Aura of Iron right before they nerf him, granting him immunity to all nerf changes, so I don't have to worry about it.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Unless they completely gut the champion, then no I don't think so. I also can't imagine they are so far off on a champions effectiveness that this happens. Could be wrong though.
  • Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 694 ★★★
    edited September 2022
    I seriously doubt there will be RDTs for anything for a very long time. Kabam covered themselves by telling us things can (i.e. will) change/be rebalanced. It’ll be interesting to see how many players (myself included) now no longer go gangbusters on newly released champs and instead wait out the six month “lab” period before ranking up new champs. The onus is now on us, so we won’t be able to say “but….but…but” any more.