**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kitty pryde or Archangel? Who is the best?

DannMDannM Posts: 1
edited September 2022 in Strategy and Tips
Hi guys!
Last mont I opened a 5 star crystal and get archangel, but the problem is that last week I opened another crystal and get Kitty pryde.
Yesterday I unlocked the hability for kitty and i dont know what to do.
Thanks everyone!
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022
    thepiggy said:

- less limited than AA. you can use her against anyone except some techs

And she's perfectly fine against most Tech champs. She's even got some AAR against robots for god knows what reason.
  • Wine_LoverWine_Lover Posts: 83
    Etjama said:

thepiggy said:

- less limited than AA. you can use her against anyone except some techs

And she's perfectly fine against most Tech champs. She's even got some AAR against robots for god knows what reason.
    In comics when she phases through electronic equipment she breaks it.
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    edited September 2022
    if it bleeds and poisons, archie is your best friend especially if its part of an event like boss rush or harder difficulty.
    his awakened ability also effects nodes and annoying evade champs which is a huge plus imo

kitty flames just about everything that obviously isnt immune to it and does heavy dmg, to robots and none robots.

just depends how you play and what you think is more beneficial
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
    They are both excellent champions. I have both as 6*s - Kitty at r4 and Archangel at r3. I love both of them.

Archangel is a very simple champion to play, made even simpler by the fact that he easily shuts down a lot of difficult/annoying nodes and defender abilities. You just parry/heavy and, assuming the defender can both bleed and be poisoned, you just nuke them down with the neurotoxins. The more neurotoxins you stack up, the less likely the opponent is to activate all kinds of things. Whether it's evades, unstoppable or power gain buffs.

Kitty is the opposite of that. She's really tricky to fight. I'm lucky to have an r4 Tigra that I bring with her everywhere, but there are also a lot of fights where I never cross that 10 prowess threshold (when I use them up more to avoid hits rather than build up to a big special) which makes the synergy pointless. However, her ability to completely phase through attacks is incredibly strong. Her ability to take no damage when phased is also insane. It allows you to do things with her that you can't do with any other champions. You can phase through difficult special attacks (even SP3s!) or mitigate the damage you take from DOTs. You can even heal from willpower if you run the suicide masteries. She requires a lot more skill than Archangel, but that learning pays off big time.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Both are great and I have my 6 stars AA at r3 and kitty at r4, so personally I chose Kitty over AA with no regrets at all.

Contrary to what the piggy said, no, Kitty absolutely doesn't need Tigra at all. I will assume.hes quoting a YT and doesn't have her or isn't very good with her if he thinks this.

I will say say she is more fun with Tigra no doubt, but I use my kitty in end game content without Tigra very very often.
  • Iron_J3Iron_J3 Posts: 269
    I have both as only 3 stars, and both are solid. I actually enjoy using Kitty more even as 3 star. She’s tricky to play with, but once get hang of it, she’s legit. My 3 star is duped, so that does help if Kitty is awakened. AA doesn’t need to be awakened. It helps. But, not like Kitty.
  • BlôdletterBlôdletter Posts: 444 ★★★
    KAYDA said:

Rohit_316 said:

KAYDA said:

Kitty is top 5 in this game, AA is not even top 5 mutant…

AA not a top 5 mutant ? I need to know what are you smoking... sounds like a good s**t.
    Well…if you look at a immunity chart you will prob notice that a lot of champs are bleed/poison immune 🤷🏻‍♂️ So if the defenders bleeds and are not immune to poison, he’s the best champ in da house…but, there is to many defenders he will do nothing or next to nothing against…

Kitty / Mags / Apoc / Stryfe / OR (With suicides) Cable (With Apoc) Colossus, ProX, OG Storm og Storm PX are mutants that all bring more to the table.
    Yeah, and there are plenty of champs, who are not bleed/poison immune. AA steamrolls almost all of them, just parry heavy, win the game.
    Cable, Colossus, ProfX and both Storms are not better than AA. They might have damage, and immunities in some case, do they completely cancel champion abilites and nodes?
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,722 ★★★★
    edited September 2022

Kitty definitely doesn't need tigra synergy, it just makes her unblockable, you don't need that synergy but its nice to have

kitty flames just about everything that obviously isnt immune to it and does heavy dmg, to robots and none robots.

Yep, she doesn't need any synergies and it doesn't matter if they are incinerated immune. She can just cheese the fight without throwing specials, which is how i like to play her. Also she can tank SP3 which comes handy.

Here she is cheesing EOP Modok.
    https://youtu.be/ueZkYNBaav8