**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Relics?

Comments

• BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★

The initial plan was to have them launch together, but we didn't want to launch 2 major new additions to the game at the same time. Too much potential for things to go wrong.

We'll have more information on Relics for you in the next month or two!

Excited to know Relics are around the corner!
  • BeeweeBeewee Posts: 533 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Nemsa_M4n said:

7* champs will be the end for a lot of people, no one wants to go through the whole episode of chasing a new roster just like we did with 4*s, 5*s and again with 6*s. It's old already

Actually, in many ways the chase for 6* champs has been a lot better than the chase for 5* champs was before it. For me personally, I cannot see how the game could have possibly turned out better if 6* champs had never arrived.

I don't like exercising but I do it. I don't like starting over in online games but I do it as well, because, and perhaps I'm in the extreme minority, I only play games I actually like playing, and having something new to chase is why I play at all. If I want to play a game just to reach the top of it and look down, I'll play a single player game with a beginning, a middle, and an end.

In some ways, having no new rarity would be like AQ rewards being awarded based on historical points and not weekly points. At some point, everyone simply locks into where they are relatively speaking, and while it is not mathematically impossible for a new alliance to climb the leaderboards, at some point it becomes mostly pointless to try. No new rarity does that on a larger scale. At some point there's no point in new players joining the game.

We lost players when we introduced 6* champs. We needed to lose those players, because the cost of keeping them was simply too high. Relics are coming, and 7* champs (in some form or another) are eventually coming, and if we lose players because of it, those are players we simply have to lose because the cost of keeping them is still too high.

A game that loses some of its most veteran players might be in trouble. But a game that cuts off its access to new players is definitely going to die. That's no choice at all.
    In other words 7* are inevitable whether relics come or not.
  • Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Posts: 466 ★★★

Didn’t we had some kind of relics back when the thanos event was? I remember that we had infinity stones which made avengers stronger ?

That mechanic war a very good one. I liked how the original avengers became with the infinity stones
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Beewee said:

DNA3000 said:

Nemsa_M4n said:

7* champs will be the end for a lot of people, no one wants to go through the whole episode of chasing a new roster just like we did with 4*s, 5*s and again with 6*s. It's old already

Actually, in many ways the chase for 6* champs has been a lot better than the chase for 5* champs was before it. For me personally, I cannot see how the game could have possibly turned out better if 6* champs had never arrived.

I don't like exercising but I do it. I don't like starting over in online games but I do it as well, because, and perhaps I'm in the extreme minority, I only play games I actually like playing, and having something new to chase is why I play at all. If I want to play a game just to reach the top of it and look down, I'll play a single player game with a beginning, a middle, and an end.

In some ways, having no new rarity would be like AQ rewards being awarded based on historical points and not weekly points. At some point, everyone simply locks into where they are relatively speaking, and while it is not mathematically impossible for a new alliance to climb the leaderboards, at some point it becomes mostly pointless to try. No new rarity does that on a larger scale. At some point there's no point in new players joining the game.

We lost players when we introduced 6* champs. We needed to lose those players, because the cost of keeping them was simply too high. Relics are coming, and 7* champs (in some form or another) are eventually coming, and if we lose players because of it, those are players we simply have to lose because the cost of keeping them is still too high.

A game that loses some of its most veteran players might be in trouble. But a game that cuts off its access to new players is definitely going to die. That's no choice at all.
    In other words 7* are inevitable whether relics come or not.
    That's been my stance, anyway.
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    edited September 2022
    At the moment the interactions are so complex between « nodes » and/or buffs&debuffs and/or with masteries that the player is not always sure of his analysis. The relics will just sweep any clear ideas. Good luck to the players to find the bugs on the fights with more interactions.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,091 ★★★
    No relics. Game is already expensive enough to keep up on especially with the gold and iso shortage. Keep them away from this game or just like realm you will kill the game.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,390 ★★★★★
    If 7* do come i'll feel bad for the people who will have to work putting all the 7* on every single champion we have atm lol
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Nemsa_M4n said:

So I understand your point, and to some extent agree with it. On paper I don’t feel like I’d be happy to go through another round of chasing new champions.

But what is a realistic alternative? I feel like we can all agree that if nothing is added then the game will die out and we will all be forced to quit anyway.

So what is the alternative? Relics could be it, but really it’s just the same grind for different things. Instead of a 7* Hercules you’ll be chasing an “Epic Belt of Hercules”. The chase will be the same, am I missing something or is that what people want?
    Tbh yes. The mental difference would be enough for me at least
  • Beewee said:

Imma be real. If its either 7* or relics. Just introduce 7* champs. I dont want to see relics touch this game

I'm curious, what do you think Relics would look like if you don't want them in the game?
    Since Kabam is renown for their creativity, i assume you guys just copy and paste the gear system you had from your failed game Marvel Realm of Champions. Basically selling cav-like crystals where a player has a chance of a 4*(for now) relics but with randomized stats. So if X player somehow pulls a 4* relic and it has some **** stats, said player needs to open more cav-like crystals in hopes of getting better 4* relics.

Did i hit it on the nose?
    Nope. Nothing like MRoC whatsoever.
    If that's the case i feel more reassured
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 933 ★★★
    i wish 6* R5 would be the peak of it, but apparently the show must go on all the time.. hence this new relic system.. i cant say im excited for this, quite the oposite, but hey, as long as 7* are kept out of the conversation, i wont riot lol
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,745 ★★★★★
    SuelGames said:

i wish 6* R5 would be the peak of it, but apparently the show must go on all the time.. hence this new relic system.. i cant say im excited for this, quite the oposite, but hey, as long as 7* are kept out of the conversation, i wont riot lol

So you want a game that stagnates and basically ends with an endgame in sight? Then go play a console game. Live service games such as mcoc will continue to most past whatever is currently the max in some form or fashion and allow you to get even stronger.
  • MalchaeisMalchaeis Posts: 174 ★★
    I just have one question about relics. When introduced, are you planning on nerfing the stats of all current champions to compensate for their powerful Introduction? I severely hope not. That would not go over well.
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Is there any information on relic prestige? Just discovered it's existence and I have seen anything on it
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    i think there's a good chance we get info tomorrow on relics
  • MalchaeisMalchaeis Posts: 174 ★★
    Just happened in another kabam game when they introduced relics. Completely different game mechanics so pretty sure it doesn't apply here. Just wanted a little reassurance from kabam.
  • Beewee said:

Imma be real. If its either 7* or relics. Just introduce 7* champs. I dont want to see relics touch this game

I'm curious, what do you think Relics would look like if you don't want them in the game?
    My guess would be something along the lines of what kabam did in the hobbit kingdoms of middle earth game before they did a cash grab and sell it off to a different developer, but instead of stats for your town and army you would have rng boosted stats for masteries or champ stats. So how many variations of the certain pieces of gear will their be?
  • HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 413 ★★★
    Sunny2 said:

DNA3000 said:

Nemsa_M4n said:

I dont understand this post at all. Explain how 7 stars will increase new players? In fact it will probably do the opposite of increasing the hill new players have to climb to be relevant. Everyone in my full alliance are veteran players with many like me having completed all the content that has come out. To a man if 7 stats come out we will all quit and I know my alliance isn't alone. The game is in a very different spot then when 6 stars came out. I don't think the game would survive all the people who leave. Having to again have the champs that you have spent a long time to get, awaken, add hard tonget sig stones once again be worthless? To again not be able to use the champs I want to use that I waited yrs to finally get again as a 6 star? Relics I would give a chance if done right. 7 stars just seem lazy and redundant at this point. I don't think it should be inevitable. I am hoping that kabam promoters can get creative with relics and use the champs we have spent alot of time/effort to obtain and enhance them rather then making them useless.
    I agree. Better relics than 7*. The battleground is the best event in the game, kabam should do more challenging events (already doing), this is what makes players more willing to continue playing and not new rarities, 6* should be the maximum.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022
    I'm a lot more concerned about the implementation of relics and what it breaks than a 7* version of already proven champs.

Inset dead horse gif here but when something as simple as a synergy is introduced that takes an already allegedly broken champ, makes them stupidly broken* and somehow manages to "slip through the cracks" then relics, that will presumably not be easily available to the playerbase makes the chance of unintended brokeness seem more likely to occur and less likely to be found quickly.

I'm too far behind the progression curve to be taken seriously and always miss out on the fun stuff before it's fixed so I guess I'm hoping the dev team have tested the hell out of anything they plan to introduce and if there aren't enough man hours (or person hours if thats your thing) then run betas, let content creators have it and don't sell a single thing until it's been tested properly.

*QS synergy with SW
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Sunny2 said:

DNA3000 said:

Nemsa_M4n said:

I dont understand this post at all. Explain how 7 stars will increase new players? In fact it will probably do the opposite of increasing the hill new players have to climb to be relevant. Everyone in my full alliance are veteran players with many like me having completed all the content that has come out. To a man if 7 stats come out we will all quit and I know my alliance isn't alone. The game is in a very different spot then when 6 stars came out. I don't think the game would survive all the people who leave. Having to again have the champs that you have spent a long time to get, awaken, add hard tonget sig stones once again be worthless? To again not be able to use the champs I want to use that I waited yrs to finally get again as a 6 star? Relics I would give a chance if done right. 7 stars just seem lazy and redundant at this point. I don't think it should be inevitable. I am hoping that kabam promoters can get creative with relics and use the champs we have spent alot of time/effort to obtain and enhance them rather then making them useless.
    Tbf just as many if not more people said the same about quitting over 6*s. The game seems to have held on just fine.

I'm not excited about the prospect of them by any means but I'm not about to make a blanket statement about what I'd do about something being introduced while having absolutely zero information about how that introduction would be handled.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Sunny2 said:

DNA3000 said:

Nemsa_M4n said:

From my understanding, the calculation is that if Kabam bring in 7*s and some of the player base quit, that’s much better than not bringing in 7*s and the entire game dying.

I don’t know if relics aren’t supposed to entirely replace the introduction of 7*s, but if so then it’s just a different thing to chase. I’m fine with either as concepts, the specifics of how they’re introduced is what I’m worried about.

They could do relics in an amazing way, and 7*s in a terrible way and vice versa. The specifics is more important to me than which one it is.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,887 ★★★★★
    Well relic information is showing in your PI profile now, so they must be close, unless this has been here before and I missed it 🤷‍♂️

• ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,745 ★★★★★
    Remember, when 6* came out you could only get 1 a month or even 1 every two months unless you spent. Now you get 3 or maybe even 5 if your lucky from rng, PER MONTH. 7* would be the same. Slow at first then almost too fast. Relics will probably rank AND level up just like champs. What if they use the exact same resources our champs do? You'll now have to make a decision, do I work on this champ or this relic? What if they use something different? Now you gotta decide if your gonna chase champ resources or relic resources? See the problems this creates? What happens when we max out our 6* champs, relics? How are we gonna get stronger after that? 7*? 8*? Etc? Maybe we need a comic card system that adds even more stats instead. There's always gonna be something next, so why get upset when they come and threaten to leave a game over it? Do you wanna be stagnant and not grow stronger? Or would you rather keep going higher and stronger and keep this great game Alive with new ways to fight whether its relics or a new star level?