**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Few questions on Battlegrounds announcement

BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
Very excited for this, one of the best things MCOC has ever added but I do have a few questions/concerns. Apologies if I missed it reading through

1. Will the global nodes be applied to friendly mode as well? If so, that's fine, I just quite like the idea of avoiding the meta of the week in a more casual environment.

2. Will the global nodes be applied to every champion? So, one of them is Bulwark, where the defender is immune to armour break and goes indestructible when losing 5% of their health. Originally in war, this was limited to only metal defenders, but I've heard some YTers talking about it being applied to everyone. Same with flow (power flood when hit with critical hits), and this one could be extra mean applied to Mangog, Chavez, Hyperion etc.

I have a slight worry we will end up with extremely narrow counter fights, and it will be less a challenge of skill and more a challenge of hope to god you get the right counter. That should of course be an element, but there are not enough non crit/ power control champions to realistically build a full roster from. Like take Peni parker on the evade global with a 10.5% chance to evade, how many evade countering Peni counters are there? Enough to regularly pull from a random draft? I worry that BGs will end up being who gets lucky and gets the closest to a decent counter.

3. "Fight Time Remaining can act as a tiebreaker in the event that those two are identical between both Summoners with a possible 15,000 points awarded." I say this in a light-hearted way, but please, please stop using the word tie breaker when it is not a tie breaker. Unless something has changed, Attacker Health, Defender Health and Time Remaining are 3 parts of scoring. One of them cannot be a tie breaker unless it is only ever counted when the other two are tied - in which case the 3rd is used to break the tie. If time remaining is always used as a way to get points, then it is simply one of the scoring metrics, and therefore time remaining itself can actually cause a tie. Yes, time remaining breaks the tie when both yours and your opponent's attacker health + defender health points are the same, but equally, attacker health breaks the tie when both yours and your opponent's time remaining + defender health points are the same - that's how having 3 points scoring metrics works.

4. What are the rewards for levelling up a division? Is it more of the currency to use in BGs store, or items/shards? It mentions Elder's marks, but I didn't know if that was the only part of the rewards.

Appreciate any insight into it, and if anyone noticed an answer to my questions please share.

Comments

• FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    On point 2, it’s implied the meta is applied to specific champions - looking specifically at the Bulwark node

‘Whenever a metal defender loses more than 5% of their max health they gain an indestructible buff for 8 seconds’
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

On point 2, it’s implied the meta is applied to specific champions - looking specifically at the Bulwark node

‘Whenever a metal defender loses more than 5% of their max health they gain an indestructible buff for 8 seconds’

Yeah I agree it reads that way, I believe I heard in Vega’s stream that it would be applied to all champs. I’m having a listen through now and trying to find where that happened.
  • The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★
    @BitterSteel 4. I hope elders marks are not the only reward for climbing through the Victory track. It takes 45 Victory to reach the higest level of victory track to just enter the gladiators circuit for season rewards. 45 wins with just gladiator marks and no rewards will be extremely lame.

Another thing I just want to point out The number of spot in each division of gladiators circuit is I will say quite less.
    Cause this is individual ranking not alliance ranking.

The lowest is uru 3 below 8500 rank they will probably get very less trophy token being the lowest rank. Now lets see

Each alliance has 30 members so 300 alliance = 300 X 30= 9000 members.

In platinum 3 there are 300 alliances.
    Assuming those in top 300 alliances play to their level even 500 members of platinum 3 alliance will land on the lowesg division of battleground gladiator circuit cause there are only 8500 spots.

People in top 300 alliances has huge roster and commitment to the game and its not possible for casual to moderate gamers even to compete with them. I am not going info f2p p2w discussion now.

So basically all below plat 3 alliance members get ready to be on the lowest division of gladiators circuit.

• BeeweeBeewee Posts: 531 ★★★★
    5. Will there be titles for finishing at higher ranks?
    @FiiNCH take a look here

https://youtube.com/watch?v=C12WSDzVjvs&feature=share&utm_source=EKLEiJECCKjOmKnC5IiRIQ&t=106

Watch through till about 18:30, this is where they have the conversation about how Kabam apparently said the global applies to all champions.

Would appreciate some clarity here :)

I think adding AW nodes there is a terrible idea ... Not everyone will just memorize dozens of specific champs and be able to have the specific counter to it

Just to clarify, you mean if AW nodes only apply to certain tags?

So Flow being on Control Counter, you don’t want to have to remember which champs are control counter with no way to check quickly?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★

I think adding AW nodes there is a terrible idea ... Not everyone will just memorize dozens of specific champs and be able to have the specific counter to it

Just to clarify, you mean if AW nodes only apply to certain tags?

So Flow being on Control Counter, you don’t want to have to remember which champs are control counter with no way to check quickly?
    I was under the idea that the nodes would only apply to a specific list of champs, just like in AW. Might not be the case now that I see it
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Would love some confirmation as to whether modding will be higher prioritized by the team. I don’t care about methods to find them, only that my encounters are greatly reduced.

Hopefully some of the bugs have also been resolved. There was concern about the black screen bug which caused immediate losses. There was also abuse in the last iteration of the beta with force closing and being able to reset your fight with no consequences. Abuse of these types of things are about equal to modding. Hopefully these types of things don’t make it into release.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

@FiiNCH take a look here

https://youtube.com/watch?v=C12WSDzVjvs&feature=share&utm_source=EKLEiJECCKjOmKnC5IiRIQ&t=106

Watch through till about 18:30, this is where they have the conversation about how Kabam apparently said the global applies to all champions.

Yeah there’s definitely mixed messages!
  • DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★

@FiiNCH take a look here

Checked the post and it looks like it got updated! So it applies to all defenders.
    Dragonfei said:

@FiiNCH take a look here

Checked the post and it looks like it got updated! So it applies to all defenders.
    Thank you for confirming @Dragonfei , appreciate it :)

Now to see how awful that ends up being. Hopefully not as niche as I expect, I’ll wait to give my final thoughts once I’ve faced it but it’s a little worrying initially.
  • DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★

Kabam, while I want you to get rid of cheaters, adding a "flag their account for cheating" button is gonna cause you a ton of wild goose chasing. There's a large segment of immature people who play this game who will push that button like it's a fire alarm in a junior high school.

Most other competitive game modes have some reporting functionality - it'd be strange to launch the mode without it since no automated system is ever perfect. I'd much rather have the reporting function than not, personally.

Very excited for this, one of the best things MCOC has ever added but I do have a few questions/concerns. Apologies if I missed it reading through

1. Will the global nodes be applied to friendly mode as well? If so, that's fine, I just quite like the idea of avoiding the meta of the week in a more casual environment.

2. Will the global nodes be applied to every champion? So, one of them is Bulwark, where the defender is immune to armour break and goes indestructible when losing 5% of their health. Originally in war, this was limited to only metal defenders, but I've heard some YTers talking about it being applied to everyone. Same with flow (power flood when hit with critical hits), and this one could be extra mean applied to Mangog, Chavez, Hyperion etc.

I have a slight worry we will end up with extremely narrow counter fights, and it will be less a challenge of skill and more a challenge of hope to god you get the right counter. That should of course be an element, but there are not enough non crit/ power control champions to realistically build a full roster from. Like take Peni parker on the evade global with a 10.5% chance to evade, how many evade countering Peni counters are there? Enough to regularly pull from a random draft? I worry that BGs will end up being who gets lucky and gets the closest to a decent counter.

3. "Fight Time Remaining can act as a tiebreaker in the event that those two are identical between both Summoners with a possible 15,000 points awarded." I say this in a light-hearted way, but please, please stop using the word tie breaker when it is not a tie breaker. Unless something has changed, Attacker Health, Defender Health and Time Remaining are 3 parts of scoring. One of them cannot be a tie breaker unless it is only ever counted when the other two are tied - in which case the 3rd is used to break the tie. If time remaining is always used as a way to get points, then it is simply one of the scoring metrics, and therefore time remaining itself can actually cause a tie. Yes, time remaining breaks the tie when both yours and your opponent's attacker health + defender health points are the same, but equally, attacker health breaks the tie when both yours and your opponent's time remaining + defender health points are the same - that's how having 3 points scoring metrics works.

4. What are the rewards for levelling up a division? Is it more of the currency to use in BGs store, or items/shards? It mentions Elder's marks, but I didn't know if that was the only part of the rewards.

Appreciate any insight into it, and if anyone noticed an answer to my questions please share.

Answers!

1- Looks like Dragonfei beat me here, but yes, the Global Nodes do affect Friendly matches as well!

2- Global nodes will be applied to every Champion! But this is new, and with a new mode... it could change in the future.

3- This is a good point, and I will raise it to the team.

4- Rewards info just went up! Check out this post here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/313698/battlegrounds-rewards-revealed-solo-alliance-events-victory-track-gladiator-s-circuit-and-more#latest
    Thanks Miike! Appreciate your response.

Regarding point 1, was there any conversation about having friendly matches not follow the meta of the global? Or is this kind of a given and technically hard to have separate nodes for separate modes
    edited September 2022

Answers!

1- Looks like Dragonfei beat me here, but yes, the Global Nodes do affect Friendly matches as well!

2- Global nodes will be applied to every Champion! But this is new, and with a new mode... it could change in the future.

3- This is a good point, and I will raise it to the team.

4- Rewards info just went up! Check out this post here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/313698/battlegrounds-rewards-revealed-solo-alliance-events-victory-track-gladiator-s-circuit-and-more#latest
    Thanks Miike! Appreciate your response.

Regarding point 1, was there any conversation about having friendly matches not follow the meta of the global? Or is this kind of a given and technically hard to have separate nodes for separate modes
    I THINK it's a technical thing, but we can open those conversations. Let's get through a season first, though and see how that affects Friendly matches.
    Yeah I get that, as I said earlier I’ll definitely test it all out before I have a final opinion! Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Thank you again, appreciate the answers

Edit: Apologies @Kabam Miike for the question spam, but I just noticed something else.

The nodes remain the same in the Victory track for the whole season, 4 weeks. But each week there’s a new set of nodes for the Gladiator’s circuit. So which ones will affect the friendly mode?

So week 1 is Bulwark for both, Week 2 is Bulwark for victory track and Dodge for circuit. In Week 2 will the friendly matches be Bulwark or Dodge?

I only ask because I’m planning a tournament for my alliance and it would be great to know if the nodes stay the same throughout or change. Thanks again!
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    How does Protect and Mighty Charge make any sense @Kabam Miike ?
    To remove the protection, you need to intercept. But with mighty charge being unstoppable, you cannot intercept?
    Can't follow the logic.
  • Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 619 ★★★

To remove the protection, you need to intercept. But with mighty charge being unstoppable, you cannot intercept?
    Can't follow the logic.

Could be a typo with the node description. Because defender goes unstoppable with "mighty charge 2" or "mighty charge 3". The node name says "mighty charge 1", which makes more sense since defenders aren't unstoppable with that one.

Can't follow the logic.

It seems you have to either never trigger it (hard with some attackers), or use someone who can intercept passive unstoppable like Valkyrie, Hood, Kitty… and those are the only counters I can think of that are realistic counters. Luke Cage maybe? But he’s not great for much past act 5 let alone BGs and mighty charge. Seems like an odd combination.

300% of your base attack isn’t that much. For a rank 3 Hercules for example it’s around 10k damage. For Ghost (tends to be a great mighty charge counter) it’s the same, and we all know how easily she hits 10k.

You could use DOT champs, but mighty charge gets around that. So the best options are AAR champs, but Archangel is countered by mighty charge, lots of skill DAAR champs require debuffs to either get DAAR or to do damage. It seems a very niche combination. I’m interested to see how it works in practice.

My deck will be made up of attackers like Magneto, Falcon, Hood, Valkyrie (as a 5/65), Torch, longshot, Nimrod and just see how it works out.
  • BeeweeBeewee Posts: 531 ★★★★

Can't follow the logic.

They’re not unstoppable. This mighty charge only removes debuffs
  • Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 989 ★★★★

Can't follow the logic.

Its mighty charge 1 that is only for debuff removal
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian
    edited September 2022
    Beewee said:

Can't follow the logic.

Except in the article is says unstoppable.
  • The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★
    Will we have to go through victory track every season to climb and reach gladiators circuit? Or is this just a one time thing?
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

Can't follow the logic.

Its mighty charge 1 that is only for debuff removal
    Beewee said:

Can't follow the logic.

The description says unstoppable. I wouldn't make the post otherwise lol.
    We don't know which is a typo. The node or the description.