**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mcoc life expectancy

I know it has become common place now, with relics and 7* becoming undeniably close to release, to speculate on how much longer this game will last… beyond that with the reward structure for battle grounds being releases along with the ungodly amount of bugs every month, how long can we realistically expect to be able to play this game … I mean how many faulty operating systems can you just code over and update before they all come crashing down???

Comments

• Game will live as long as company makes profit from it. Even tho there are lots of bugs sooner or later they will get fixed. As for game itself I think after all those years game is still fun to play and gets even more exiting as ones roster develops.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,756 ★★★★★
    Mcoc is in something of uncharted waters already as most mobile games barely make it to a 2nd anniversary let alone 8 coming up un December. And with as much money the games makes as year as well as the mcu continuing to feed it both new characters and players, I don't think the game will stop anytime soon.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    Dab_boy said:

I know it has become common place now, with relics and 7* becoming undeniably close to release, to speculate on how much longer this game will last… beyond that with the reward structure for battle grounds being releases along with the ungodly amount of bugs every month, how long can we realistically expect to be able to play this game … I mean how many faulty operating systems can you just code over and update before they all come crashing down???

If EA can keep putting out Madden NFL the way they do, MCOC will be fine. You may not play many games if you think MCOC has a lot of bugs.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    By the start of 2023, alt accounts will largely become inactive. This will create upward mobility for progressing players by moving them up the alliance ladder quickly. It’ll help sustain the game a bit better.

They’re doing enough now that Thronebreaker is very attainable. It isn’t nearly as roster-dependent or RNG dependent as it was in early 2021.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Assuming the game is still growing and profitable, I don’t see them shutting up shop on mcoc anytime soon.
  • Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 400 ★★★
    The soonest I could possibly see mcoc shutting down is 3 years. Realistically I think it's got at least another 5 in it
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    Sigh.

Again with “the game is dying”.

And 7 star champs are not “undeniably close to release”. At least there is no evidence for it, and instead it looks like we’ll be focused on rank 5 materials for a while.

And anyway why would 7-star champs change anything?
  • Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Posts: 677 ★★★★
    Back in the day I saw people talking about the game and saying it wouldn't even make it to 5 years, we're wellbeyond that and the game is still going strong.
    Sure it has it's bugs and issues but its had that for years and it doenst seem to afffect it that much.

The nearly 8 years the game has been going for is damn near unheard off in terms of games, let alone mobile ones, mcoc proves time and time again to be one of the better and most consistent mobile games.

So I dont think anyone would have an answer as to its life expectancy, nor do I think 7*s will change that
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I'll be honest. This question come up often and I'm not surprised anymore. Mcoc database and audiences are larger than some AAA games.

It's probably one of the best games I have ever played. More importantly , this game is true FTP and their currency is so unique that if you work hard enough you dint have to spend a single dime in the game. I think that's important that you can compete In a High tier and don't have to spend a dime. It rewards skill much more than RNG.

They are still in control of their economy, that's important as you can buy 15k worth of units and best thing you can do is have a max sig champ. 3 months later I could do the same thing with $0.00