**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam, Please let me trade in my awakening gems...

Ciq69Ciq69 Posts: 14
edited September 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
So like a lot of people I saved all of my awakening gems in the hope that the trade in store would return and I could convert my 5 Star Gems that I now don't have a use for as a TB player with a 6 Star focus. Last year I couldn't take advantage of the store as I didn't have enough gems like a lot of people as we didn't know the event was coming. And now the 6 Star champions that I was wanting to awaken then, I still haven't been able to awaken now, that was a full year of playing every day. But now, this year I was prepared, was looking forward to it so much, being able to finally have a chance to awaken one of my desired champions and reignite my love for the game, and then... the event didn't come back. Please Kabam, bring back the trade in store before Christmas, I've been such a good boy this year Miike xx
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★

Trade in store came around December last year so maybe wait until around then before whining it didn't come this year.

Also if you're banking on a random gem to awaken a champ and reignite your love for the game then maybe quit now and do something you enjoy lmao.

Lol he is whining because they said it's not coming back lol not because he's assuming
    Um yeah actually no they didn't say it's definitely not coming back as you can see from kabam jax's post below. It might not happen anytime soon but it could happen sometime and if it does then it might just be around the same time it happened last year like most events that occur 🤷‍♂️
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

I've seen this inquiry in a few spots since the announcement of the Legends Trade-in Store and thought I'd share the information I have.

In the conversations I've been a part of, I've not heard anything about the awakening gem/sig stone store returning in the near future. I think it's important information for you to hear, because I've seen a few players mention they're hoarding their items waiting for it to happen. Now, on the flip side to this, if it were to return in the distant future, I don't want to hear people saying "JAX TOLD ME TO SPEND AND NOW I CAN'T TRADE IN!" I'm saying that as of now I've not seen any indication that it's on the near horizon.

• SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    Kabam has a history of doing low level trade-in events throughout the year. You still have several months to go until the anniversary of the major trade-in store that they did last year. As per Jax, they don’t have plans to bring it back, so don’t get your hopes too high, but also don’t lose hope because the previous trade-in store was not meant to be the same thing.

Also, in maybe a nicer way of putting it than previous commenters, typically awakening a champion is not enough to “reignite” the love of the game. Hopefully you enjoy the game for more reasons than one champs awakened ability, and so that one ability won’t ruin the rest of the game for you. Also, if AGs are important to you, then maybe work back through Act 6, explore act 7 ( much more lucrative) or save up to explore act 8.1. Or, if you just really want to douse the flames of your love for the game, go explore abyss.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 765 ★★★

Trade in store came around December last year so maybe wait until around then before whining it didn't come this year.

Also if you're banking on a random gem to awaken a champ and reignite your love for the game then maybe quit now and do something you enjoy lmao.

It was 2nd weekend in October last time. I really hope it comes back. A this point, I only have 5 5 star champs unweakened and 2 that I don't have... and have 6 generic AGs , a dozen AG crystals, and some class AGs.

Be nice if they could be used for "something"... Even if it was just trading them in for a 5 star +50 sig stone of the same class... at least then it would help get more champs to max sig and generate more 6 star shards.
  • Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★

It was 2nd weekend in October last time. I really hope it comes back. A this point, I only have 5 5 star champs unweakened and 2 that I don't have... and have 6 generic AGs , a dozen AG crystals, and some class AGs.

Be nice if they could be used for "something"... Even if it was just trading them in for a 5 star +50 sig stone of the same class... at least then it would help get more champs to max sig and generate more 6 star shards.
    Nope it was early December, check the dates on any youtube video that covered it.

https://youtu.be/R8xCdv9smbs
    you are right sir, I was thinking of the store where you bought stuff for gold.
  • WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 778 ★★★
    I mean I do not like 5 star awakening gem crystals because I never get tech I only get cosmic and Mystic
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,279 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022
    @Kabam Jax
    This uncertainty only says, "Keep hoarding." Slide us a hint, something in code on the low, if you're putting up some AG offers and bringing back the trade-ins.
  • SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 883 ★★★
    Well, it’s either hoarding or let them expire, right? I have almost 80 4* AG crystals from the supreme solo crystals and my inventory is almost full with barely any champs to use them on. At least let us trade in for some 5* sig stones or something.
    I really don’t want to hoard but also don’t want things to go to waste.
  • I’m in the same boat. I don’t have any champs to use those awakening gems. It’s not just awakening gems. I can’t use many boosts. I rarely open solo crystals now, so I have more than 11 million shards. They need next level of solo crystals or let us trade in for something we can use. I guess that’s called gold. :D
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Ciq69 said:

I've been such a good boy this year Miike xx

Just for this, i hope the store doesn't come back
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    Last year, I thought Kabam mentioned they would likely bring back the trade in store. Wonder what happened from last year to now?
    they also said platinum pool event would be back (in case anyone wants to awaken their 6 star, or is missing a piece from duping their 5 star... or is just "newer to the game".

They also say in mastery tabs that there will be more on the right "Coming Soon".