**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

BATTLEGROUNDS! PAY TO PLAY!

Agent_Edward223Agent_Edward223 Posts: 76
edited September 2022 in General Discussion
So I guess by getting rid of the energy timers for champs they decided to lock all the rewards behind paying for the energy to play. Not energy token refills. The energy tokens themselves. If you want them. Pay for them. Can you earn them? No. Is the game in that desperate need of money that you have to charge people money to play it? Oh but you can still play with regular energy and get some scraps! Get out of here. This is coming from a player that buys the sigil every month, that gets the summoner event tokens, that buys July fourth packages, and… well used to be a big spender on the gifting event. Kabam finds a way to make a fun game mode but then forces you to pay if you want the rewards. I’m just about done with this game. You lost a whale.

Comments

• Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 578 ★★★

So I guess by getting rid of the energy timers for champs they decided to lock all the rewards behind paying for the energy to play. Not energy token refills. The energy tokens themselves. If you want them. Pay for them. Can you earn them? No. Is the game in that desperate need of money that you have to charge people money to play it? Oh but you can still play with regular energy and get some scraps! Get out of here. This is coming from a player that buys the sigil every month, that gets the summoner event tokens, that buys July fourth packages, and… well used to be a big spender on the gifting event. Kabam finds a way to make a fun game mode but then forces you to pay if you want the rewards. I’m just about done with this game. You lost a whale.

You earn them as you progress in the victory track, buying them is jus the easier route.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    I don't understand. Almost all content in MCOC requires energy use to participate.

If you find the game mode fun you can play the free mode all day long as I understand it.

I for one do not want BG to be only about the rewards and the leaderboard. I want this to be a fun time, and with all of the many many many ways we have to get rewards and rank up materials and shards these days, I am not fussed about how BG hands them out.

Can they improve on what they've put out? Sure, and I'm guessing they will. But this iteration has been out for like four hours now, so don't you think it is a little early to quit the game over your gripes? Not that I care, but it just seems like a massive overreaction.
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,101 ★★★★★
    You can earn them without paying though…but to your point you can earn MORE of them if you pay
  • Kibble001Kibble001 Posts: 58

If you were a true whale..you wouldn’t be complaining lol. Just go buy $200 and buy elders marks and victory shields. If you were a whale, you wouldn’t even notice the pay wall, or care.
    But you are a casual spender. Think you have your terms mixed up.

And if you think they built, teased and hyped this new event mode just so you play for free then you are living in some fantasy land. And though you say you’ve been playing for awhile, it shows you haven’t learned anything in how they develop content.

• VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Elder's Mark MUST not be limited as it immediately kills the competition aspect of the game for the top rewards (solo and alliance events). There should be a way to earn them outside of pure cash purchase.

Depending on where you are in the Gladiator's Circuit, you should be able to earn Elder's Mark.

Uru~Quantum - 30 Elder's Mark per 5 wins
    Mysterium~Celestial - 30 Elder's Mark per 3 wins

Add a few in Arena, Side Quests, and/or Event Quests.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022

I don't understand. Almost all content in MCOC requires energy use to participate.

If you find the game mode fun you can play the free mode all day long as I understand it.

I for one do not want BG to be only about the rewards and the leaderboard. I want this to be a fun time, and with all of the many many many ways we have to get rewards and rank up materials and shards these days, I am not fussed about how BG hands them out.

Can they improve on what they've put out? Sure, and I'm guessing they will. But this iteration has been out for like four hours now, so don't you think it is a little early to quit the game over your gripes? Not that I care, but it just seems like a massive overreaction.

I know you said almost all game modes, but Arena and Incursions requires zero energy and has no entry fee.

I'm right there with you about trying to have fun with it but people have a legitimate gripe about the elder mark cost vs how many elder mark you can earn without spending units.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

I know you said almost all game modes, but Arena and Incursions requires zero energy and has no entry fee.

I'm right there with you about trying to have fun with it but people have a legitimate gripe about the elder mark cost vs how many elder mark you can earn without spending units.
    Arena and Incursions have a separate type of Entry Fee in the way of champion cooldowns. It different but it is still a limitation of endlessly playing the mode which a "cost" to participate.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★

the problem is there is no point to push without grinding every other mode of the game for units for more elders marks and energy refills because you won't be getting any decent rewards without using elder marks
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Such a big miss conception of the word Whale...
    Buying 7/4 or CM deals is within a spenders range...
    Whales will spend a thousand dollars on cav crystals trying to get 1 champ...