**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

BattleGround Timers

You only get 2min to fight, correction you only get 1min 50seconds to fight, why when every second counts the timer starts as your running across the screen before the match starts, it seems the clock starts after the load timer, from that time to the Fight action 10seconds have ran off the clock. It is advertised as 2min fights but that is not what we are getting. Add 10seconds to the timer or don't start the timer till the word Fight.

Comments

• WATCHEDWATCHED Posts: 186
    edited September 2022
    Ok I double checked it 5 seconds, I am aware it would happen to both sides. The issue is that it is still time off the clock no matter 3 seconds or 5 seconds..
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    This happens in any quest where there is a timer. Always has been like this.
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 925 ★★★
    WATCHED said:

You only get 2min to fight, correction you only get 1min 50seconds to fight, why when every second counts the timer starts as your running across the screen before the match starts, it seems the clock starts after the load timer, from that time to the Fight action 10seconds have ran off the clock. It is advertised as 2min fights but that is not what we are getting. Add 10seconds to the timer or don't start the timer till the word Fight.

This is one very basic problem that is getting overlooked, in fact sometimes the timer starts even when you re loading and u get less 15-20 seconds of the fight
    And when time matters you should get every second, if the match is 2 min then it should be 2min, you are not fighting for the full allotted time and that should be an issue., you ever lose a match while the defender is at 1% due to time.
    K00shMaan said:

OGAvenger said:

To be fair the exact same thing happens to your opponent. It’s not like it only happens to you. Also 10 seconds is a bit of an exaggeration…more like 3

It takes 5 Seconds off the Timer for the fight to start. This is consistent with other modes like AW/AQ/Incursions. However, it can also take longer than that but that is more to do with your connection or your device. In the Betas, score was being properly calculated even if you're device took longer to load. Heard grumblings that this isn't the case right now but can't confirm. Like others have said, both players have the same amount of time so there isn't a competitive advantage or anything. If they feel like extending the timer they may but it's certainly not critical. I would say this falls outside of the top 100 issues with BGs at the moment.
    But how can you say could take longer depending on device and connection but both fighters still have same time, if u have slower connection and it shows u starting 15seconds later but who u face already started is not right also. Timer should start when it says FIGHT.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    WATCHED said:

K00shMaan said:

OGAvenger said:

To be fair the exact same thing happens to your opponent. It’s not like it only happens to you. Also 10 seconds is a bit of an exaggeration…more like 3

It takes 5 Seconds off the Timer for the fight to start. This is consistent with other modes like AW/AQ/Incursions. However, it can also take longer than that but that is more to do with your connection or your device. In the Betas, score was being properly calculated even if you're device took longer to load. Heard grumblings that this isn't the case right now but can't confirm. Like others have said, both players have the same amount of time so there isn't a competitive advantage or anything. If they feel like extending the timer they may but it's certainly not critical. I would say this falls outside of the top 100 issues with BGs at the moment.
    But how can you say could take longer depending on device and connection but both fighters still have same time, if u have slower connection and it shows u starting 15seconds later but who u face already started is not right also. Timer should start when it says FIGHT.
    There are actually two types of timers in this game: fight timers and content based timers. You may not have experienced this but if you go into a AW or AQ fight with not enough time left in the content to get the full timer, you don't get the full timer (i.e. if there are only 3 minutes left in War, you will not get 5 minutes to complete the fight). The fight timer for battlegrounds is 2 minutes (120 seconds) but it also has a content type timer which I believe its about 130~ seconds. if you're fight takes too long to load, you will get restricted by that second timer and not get a full 2 minutes. This short window also reduces exploiting the game by force closing the app and restarting. They also need that second timer in case someone straight up disconnects and never delivers a completed fight back to the server. Could they make that timer a little longer, yes they could and probably should, but they clearly value having a compact fast paced game mode. The issue is finding a spot that works for everyone. If someone disconnects, the other person will wait that full amount of time until they get notified and can progress.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,257 ★★★★★

This happens in any quest where there is a timer. Always has been like this.

Yes, and it's always been annoying.
  • Yogesh_123Yogesh_123 Posts: 50
    Whats should I say about this??
  • It is like for a monthly Legends run, if you don't have Iphone 13, you are in a big disadvantage. Seeing streamer's timer start at 1:59....my first number after loading is normally 1:54 and many matches were decided by those 5sec
  • Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 988 ★★★★
    K00shMaan said:

OGAvenger said:

In AQ and AW since past 2 months the clock actually starts at exactly 3 minutes or 5 minutes whatever the fight time maybe. There is additional seconds when the characters are running 🏃‍♀️
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Y'all are getting 2 minutes?!??!

• K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    edited September 2022

K00shMaan said:

OGAvenger said:

In AQ and AW since past 2 months the clock actually starts at exactly 3 minutes or 5 minutes whatever the fight time maybe. There is additional seconds when the characters are running 🏃‍♀️
    I was specifically referring to entering a War when there is less than that amount of time remaining before the War actually ends. It's been a while for me since I've done a fight in that scenario but I don't believe they've changed it.

Edit: you replied to my other comment, I should learn to read. I kinda noticed that too. I think it has the ability to draw from the pre-fight timer as well so if you enter quick enough from that screen you will get the full fight time. My main point is that there is actually 2 separate timers and your fight is the shorter of the two remaining.