**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Shards Removed from Account if not opened during the Side Quest?

Earned shards during last months Galan side quest. Didn’t open them because I was waiting until this month. Logged in to cash in the shards like I normally do, saw that they were gone from my account.

Reached out to support only to be told “hey you earned them but didn’t open them during the side quest so the system removed them from your account”

Since when is it okay to remove shards (in which both time & energy was spent to acquire them) from a players account simply because they didn’t open them during timeframe of the side quest?

I’ve never seen any official Announcement in any of the in-game mail that’s sent out from Kabam that states that if players don’t open the side quest shards during the event that they’ll be removed from said players account.

Would really like some clarification on this.

Comments

• Well, that sucks. Guess I just wasted time & energy then. It would be nice if Kabam would put that in the in-game messages so people would know as I had no idea, figured once you earn the shards they’re yours. All the 5* & 6* shards I earned during the quests stayed on my account so I had no reason to believe that the side quest shards were any different.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Out of curiosity.. what exactly did u think the timer was for?
  • Coppin said:

Well, that sucks. Guess I just wasted time & energy then. It would be nice if Kabam would put that in the in-game messages so people would know as I had no idea, figured once you earn the shards they’re yours. All the 5* & 6* shards I earned during the quests stayed on my account so I had no reason to believe that the side quest shards were any different.

kabam did put a timer on those...
    Prior to yesterday & today, the last time I posted on here was well over 2 years ago. The timer as far as I knew just meant that you had this amount of time to earn the crystals, never once, as far as I knew that it meant you also had to open/claim them during the event itself.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,139 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

Well, that sucks. Guess I just wasted time & energy then. It would be nice if Kabam would put that in the in-game messages so people would know as I had no idea, figured once you earn the shards they’re yours. All the 5* & 6* shards I earned during the quests stayed on my account so I had no reason to believe that the side quest shards were any different.

Prior to yesterday & today, the last time I posted on here was well over 2 years ago. The timer as far as I knew just meant that you had this amount of time to earn the crystals, never once, as far as I knew that it meant you also had to open/claim them during the event itself.
    Is you very new to event shard because there’s hav always ben gone after the event concluded at lest there even put a timers that’s your fault not Kabam
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,605 Guardian
    edited September 2022

Coppin said:

Well, that's basically correct. You had a certain amount of time to earn the crystals themselves.

But earning the SHARDS is NOT actually earning the CRYSTALS. You have to purchase the Crystals by using the Shards.
    If you had done this in time, the Crystals themselves would be able to stay around, unopened, for a long time.

You let the Shards expire, without using them to buy the Crystals.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

Coppin said:

Well, that's basically correct. You had a certain amount of time to earn the crystals themselves.

But earning the SHARDS is NOT actually earning the CRYSTALS. You have to purchase the Crystals by using the Shards.
    If you had done this in time, the Crystals themselves would be able to stay around, unopened, for a long time.

You let the Shards expire, without using them to buy the Crystals.
    If you look in the Crystal tab, you will see many Crystals with timers on them. You will lose the ability to purchase that Crystal when the timer expires but you will not lose any Crystals you have already purchased. Why would you assume that it is any different for these Crystals than it is for every other one in the game.