**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

4-Star Psylocke in 5-Star Crystals [Under Investigation]

TheFlash711TheFlash711 Posts: 3
edited December 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
I opened two different 5-Star Crystals this morning on two different accounts, and during the first one, I saw a 4-Star Psylocke near the end of the reel. So when I opened my second one, I decided to take a video. You can definitely see a few 4-Star Psylockes in the 5-Star Crystal and you can also see her in the pictures of available champs for the 5-Star Crystal (the one that changes from champ to champ right next to the buttons where you purchase the Crystal). It won't allow me to post the video but I think I can post a screenshot.

bu3sv6lvquxa.png

Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Hello Kabam,

What's going on? Just spun two 5* crystals and saw 4*s in them?
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Should have taken a video
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    If anything, it would be a visual error. Rarities don't jump pools. The roll is just a visual effect, and not representative of the actual outcome.
  • BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    LAgacy69 had the same problem on stream
  • I hope you're right about that GroundedWisdom. Cause honestly Kabam accidentally putting 4*s in a 5* crystal is entirely possible considering their QA quality over the past year.
    trx_eclip wrote: »
    I hope you're right about that GroundedWisdom. Cause honestly Kabam accidentally putting 4*s in a 5* crystal is entirely possible considering their QA quality over the past year.

Barring some server glitch, the pools are separate. The Spin is just a window into some of the possibilities. It's a visual effect. When the Crystal accesses the algorithm, the possible Champs are there. Those algorithms are specific to each Crystal.
  • TonyStarkTonyStark Posts: 354
    upmy9ovhctcr.jpg
    TonyStark wrote: »
    upmy9ovhctcr.jpg

Unless someone pulls an actual 4*, that's just a visual glitch.
  • New rewards for 3 year anniversary.🤪
  • penvro56378penvro56378 Posts: 186
    TonyStark wrote: »
    upmy9ovhctcr.jpg

Unless someone pulls an actual 4*, that's just a visual glitch.

im still scared to open any 5 stars
  • As mentioned, you see it in this guy's stream.

https://youtu.be/lz8IVdDZp1c
    Well, seeing them is different. The Spin is a computer-generated list of possibilities, but the actual outcome is determined when you click Spin or Open. The roll doesn't reflect the actual outcome. Now, if someone pulls an actual 4*, then I would be inclined to believe it's an algorithm glitch.
    Well, seeing them is different. The Spin is a computer-generated list of possibilities, but the actual outcome is determined when you click Spin or Open. The roll doesn't reflect the actual outcome. Now, if someone pulls an actual 4*, then I would be inclined to believe it's an algorithm glitch.

i still dont wanna risk it if you get me what if i pull thy 4 star
  • I can see what you're saying. At the same time, how do you know the background code? Is it that hard to believe that Kabam joined the 4* database table to the 5* database table? I'm not saying I know, but I would feel bad for the person that pulls a 4*.

The other thing is the pool of possibilities. When you throw in 4*s into a 5* crystal, the pool is bigger.
    trx_eclip wrote: »
    I can see what you're saying. At the same time, how do you know the background code? Is it that hard to believe that Kabam joined the 4* database table to the 5* database table? I'm not saying I know, but I would feel bad for the person that pulls a 4*.

The other thing is the pool of possibilities. When you throw in 4*s into a 5* crystal, the pool is bigger.

thats why im scared what if i pull a 4 star how would kabam react to that?
  • As you can see in the screenshot, one of the player in the alliance found something odd in his 5* crystal opening
    ixpfrnn2mutf.jpg
  • for those of you asking for a screenshot, here's one from my alliance mate jlmmriys1dmk.jpg
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    @Eye_of_the_Universe, wow this seems more than just a visual bug. Kabam better fixes it ASAP before some honest players fall victim to this. In the future, before I open any 5* crystal, I better check for this too (never imagine this type of "bug" in the first place). Thanks for your sharing! :)
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    Oh snap. Good looking out bro. I was about to open my crystal. I would've been heated if I got a 4 star Psylocke. Ima wait til they fix this and confirm the fix.
  • which kabam employee should i tag for this?
    @Kabam Miike Can you take this to the game team please.
    It's a visual error. I have yet to see someone actually pull her.

I still don't want to run the risk lol. Knowing my luck I'll mess around and actually get the 4 star even if it's a visual glitch. Lmao.
  • nameplasnameplas Posts: 240 ★★
    Fireatwill wrote: »
    I don't know why you are pretending to have any clue what you're talking about GroundedWisdom. There is zero evidence as to weather it's visual or algorithmic. Absurdly illogical non sense flies out of your ass in abundance? There were 5 minutes, sample is way too small in that length of time to determine anything. Learn when to let adults talk.

It's called having an understanding of the Spin versus the outcome. The Spin never reflects the actual outcome, and that much has been stated and confirmed by Mods many times. We have a visual error, and thus far, not one person who had actually pulled her.
  • AndrewAndrew Posts: 238
    I'm farming some 5* shards lately and i wanted to open them today after scheduled maintenance, i logged in the game and just saw this:
    6awytko92avq.png
    4* Psylocke in 5* crytals? maybe it's only on picture but i'm not opening crystals until official answer from kabam. @Kabam Miike
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    Lol yep stay away from that for now!