**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What is the Best Music to Listen To While Playing Battlegrounds: An Analysis

TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
first off, you may have your own tastes in music. i used to be someone who just liked classic rock and oldies. i've expanded my taste into metal and rock, especially when doing something competitive where i want something up-beat. to accommodate for all tastes in music genre and decade, i used a large sample size. let's discover:

i've played 18 matches in the last few days, all in the platinum division. in those 18 matches, i played music from artists from 6 different decades, from the 60s to today. also, i classified those 18 artists into 3 different genres: rock, oldies, and rap.

from the 1960s:

The Beatles - won 2 to 1. can't go wrong with the beatles. got to listen to Hey Jude while I absolutely obliterated my opponent's aarkus with tigra in 32 seconds.

Beach Boys - lost 2 to 1. not my type of music, but i had some hard matchups. it grew on me, and some of their songs are good, but not the kind of music that i'd want to be playing while fighting superheroes.

Simon & Garfunkel - lost 2 to 0. it was very appropriate that i listened to The Sound of Silence while waiting for my opponent to finish their match. i got mine done in 50 seconds, but had only 40% health. after half a minute of waiting, they ended up with 95% health and the match was lost.

1970s:

Aerosmith - lost 2 to 0. starting to think that the reason why i'm losing matches is because of my skill, not my music choices. nonetheless, i kept pushing.

Led Zepplin - won 1 to 0 (forfeit). some people just can't handle the power of hercules and immigrant song combined. after a flawless match, opponent was gone and i made some progress in my goal of moving up a tier.

AC/DC - lost 2 to 1. the winning streak didn't last very long. off the the 80's

1980s:

Elton John - won 2 to 0. herc was spinning around like a tiny dancer after his sp2, easy sweep.

Michael Jackson - lost 2 to 1. this match ended up being a real thriller, as i only lost the third match by 1,000 points, and lost my progress.

Queen - lost 2 to 1. this losing 2 to 1 thing isn't going to go away for a while.

1990s:

Nirvana - lost 2 to 1. took a nap after this one, hoping to end the 2-1 loss streak.

Green Day - lost 2 to 0. well, at least it wasn't 2 to 1 again, right?

Pearl Jam - won 2 to 1. not a big Pearl Jam fan, but i guess i kind of have to be now. onto the turn of the century

2000s:

Jay-Z: won 2 to 1. love me some classic rap music, got within 1 win of moving up for the first time.

Kanye: lost 2 to 0. figured i'd keep the streak going with rap, but didn't turn out so well for me.

Coldplay: won 2 to 0. don't love them, but i was told to listen to some more rock, so i did. turned out to be a good decision

2010s:

Post Malone: won 2 to 0. had my opponent running in circles trying to figure out who to use against my r4 nick. ended up dying when nick had 90% health left. again, one win away from moving up to plat 2

Kendrick Lamar: won 2 to 1. guess it's just in my DNA to win. got the tokens, bought some 6* shards, and popped a featured, which had wong. happy that it's a featured champ, but not a great one.

Imagine Dragons: won 2 to 1. happy to finish off with a win, and extended the streak at 4.

Analysis:

1960s - 3 wins, 5 losses
1970s - 2 wins, 4 losses
1980s - 4 wins, 4 losses
1990s - 2 wins, 4 losses
2000s - 4 wins, 4 losses
2010s - 6 wins, 2 losses

guess 2010s music is just the best, but you didn't hear that from me. you heard it from science.

Comments

• TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    Amon Amarth for me
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    i try to play scratched records... it matches the game performance :D
    but honestly i turn the sound off the game completely and watch twitch or YT while i play.. at this point i play almost brain dead.
    i do enjoy music while reading tho, but thats another story
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    I never turn on the game music or sounds, it gets really repetitive.

I usually listen to a pretty varied mix, but lots of emo rap type stuff, like juice wrld
  • KØNGKØNG Posts: 35
    Cannibal Corpse. You just wanna headbang and maul things. Kinda works out.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    Silence is golden
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022
    Glad to see a K.Dot enjoyer :]

I recommend N95
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    KØNG said:

Cannibal Corpse. You just wanna headbang and maul things. Kinda works out.

Shredded Humans works for me.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Tv background.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Hey Jude most overrated/overplayed Beatles song
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Cue obligatory Architects endorsement. Deep Fake, Animals and Impermanence (Orchestral) go hard in Battlegrounds
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
    Doing the Abyss on my mini and I've been listening to I Prevail's new album. I love it
  • Kibble001Kibble001 Posts: 58
    That you…actually not only tracked what music you played during matches but then reviewed and categorized wins vs losses is mind boggling.

Will you be asking next what clothes we wore during matches or maybe what we had for breakfast that day. How about how many texts we received during AW, maybe that affected the win/loss.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
    Rob gasser songs
    Personal favorite would be (Adrenaline rob-gasser)
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    I like listening to Disturbed while playing. I also have a habit to match a song to a champion and I've done it for some champs so far but that's another thing
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★
    I only use game sounds for Act 7content because I like the soundtrack maybe Act 8 too
  • CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★

first off, you may have your own tastes in music. i used to be someone who just liked classic rock and oldies. i've expanded my taste into metal and rock, especially when doing something competitive where i want something up-beat. to accommodate for all tastes in music genre and decade, i used a large sample size. let's discover:

i've played 18 matches in the last few days, all in the platinum division. in those 18 matches, i played music from artists from 6 different decades, from the 60s to today. also, i classified those 18 artists into 3 different genres: rock, oldies, and rap.

from the 1960s:

The Beatles - won 2 to 1. can't go wrong with the beatles. got to listen to Hey Jude while I absolutely obliterated my opponent's aarkus with tigra in 32 seconds.

Beach Boys - lost 2 to 1. not my type of music, but i had some hard matchups. it grew on me, and some of their songs are good, but not the kind of music that i'd want to be playing while fighting superheroes.

Simon & Garfunkel - lost 2 to 0. it was very appropriate that i listened to The Sound of Silence while waiting for my opponent to finish their match. i got mine done in 50 seconds, but had only 40% health. after half a minute of waiting, they ended up with 95% health and the match was lost.

1970s:

Aerosmith - lost 2 to 0. starting to think that the reason why i'm losing matches is because of my skill, not my music choices. nonetheless, i kept pushing.

Led Zepplin - won 1 to 0 (forfeit). some people just can't handle the power of hercules and immigrant song combined. after a flawless match, opponent was gone and i made some progress in my goal of moving up a tier.

AC/DC - lost 2 to 1. the winning streak didn't last very long. off the the 80's

1980s:

Elton John - won 2 to 0. herc was spinning around like a tiny dancer after his sp2, easy sweep.

Michael Jackson - lost 2 to 1. this match ended up being a real thriller, as i only lost the third match by 1,000 points, and lost my progress.

Queen - lost 2 to 1. this losing 2 to 1 thing isn't going to go away for a while.

1990s:

Nirvana - lost 2 to 1. took a nap after this one, hoping to end the 2-1 loss streak.

Green Day - lost 2 to 0. well, at least it wasn't 2 to 1 again, right?

Pearl Jam - won 2 to 1. not a big Pearl Jam fan, but i guess i kind of have to be now. onto the turn of the century

2000s:

Jay-Z: won 2 to 1. love me some classic rap music, got within 1 win of moving up for the first time.

Kanye: lost 2 to 0. figured i'd keep the streak going with rap, but didn't turn out so well for me.

Coldplay: won 2 to 0. don't love them, but i was told to listen to some more rock, so i did. turned out to be a good decision

2010s:

Post Malone: won 2 to 0. had my opponent running in circles trying to figure out who to use against my r4 nick. ended up dying when nick had 90% health left. again, one win away from moving up to plat 2

Kendrick Lamar: won 2 to 1. guess it's just in my DNA to win. got the tokens, bought some 6* shards, and popped a featured, which had wong. happy that it's a featured champ, but not a great one.

Imagine Dragons: won 2 to 1. happy to finish off with a win, and extended the streak at 4.

Analysis:

1960s - 3 wins, 5 losses
    1970s - 2 wins, 4 losses
    1980s - 4 wins, 4 losses
    1990s - 2 wins, 4 losses
    2000s - 4 wins, 4 losses
    2010s - 6 wins, 2 losses

guess 2010s music is just the best, but you didn't hear that from me. you heard it from science.

s0cliché
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,309 ★★★★★
    Probably 🎵🎵Never Gonna Give You Up.....🎵🎵