**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Decreased participation

GladsGlads Posts: 397 β˜…β˜…β˜…
Hi folks,
Has anyone noticed the amount of players dropping out of the game recently. We run map6, mixed mods and 6 weeks ago we were finishing rank ~950. Currently the last 2 weeks Lower mixed mods we are as high as 650. We have also jumped around 700 places in war with a pretty mediocre win/loss.
As others I am worried about my investment, time and money. Unfortunately the game needs free to play player as well "to make up the numbers". But, why is this well we all know but kabam needs to develop its plan faster.
What's good at the moment
Massive increase in monthly eq rewards
Eternity of pain
Up coming chapter 8
What's bad, what's been spoken about but nothing done.
War economy, loyalty is too low, 1 loyalty is too low for 40% revives
War rewards taking too long to buff
Inputs still missing after 14months of trying to fix it, nothing better than a beta dud
Other bugs/errors taking too long to fix, this can monitored via the msgs in the forum
What's the developers plans, 7 stars champs will be just repeating and boring, artefacts and relics, maybe greater mysteries, more points new options
New daily quests for better rank up rewards
Kabam to understand not all of us are going to 100% chapter 7, but give us a chance to be involved
I know there are going to be people who strongly disagree, but the facts show less people ate playing 1 war season ago saw the disappearance of the ally ranked 2, a new creative vision is needed if @seatin was around he could spur the development path like last time.
When are the known, all of them going to be fixed?
The game is doing some things great but far more just terrible.
Thought comments and suggestions?
Β«1

Comments

• GladsGlads Posts: 397 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Buttehrs said:

Did you really just say that 1 loyalty it too low for revives? I don't think it gets any better than that. Literally. And honestly, with all that stuff you just mentioned, BGs, 8.1 upcoming incursions and AQ updates, the game is definitely not stagnating. Sure some people find 7* or relics repeating or boring bit thats probably only a small selection of the total overall player base.

Sorry, what I ment was 1 loyalty for war revives is silly. Health potions should be a ton lower, and 40% revives around 7.5k.
    With the global economy the way it is increased interest rates and inflation throughout the world people are not going to use real money.
    Incursions has been dead for a very long time, I am not sure if anyone in.my rolladex plays incursions, 8.1 is a boon for the game no doubt. I will reserve my opinion about aq updates. Also u just need to see the reaction of battleground to see how that has worked out. But it is a good idea just going through issues let's call them. My ally isn't taking part because of those issues
    My point is I am hoping the game evolves no just redo the same thing in a different uniform.
    Also I think you opinion on that group of people being a small section of the player base is inaccurate as for the increase in rank doing the same content but only kabam has these numbers but I am sure I am right
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Glads said:

Hi folks,
    Has anyone noticed the amount of players dropping out of the game recently. We run map6, mixed mods and 6 weeks ago we were finishing rank ~950. Currently the last 2 weeks Lower mixed mods we are as high as 650. We have also jumped around 700 places in war with a pretty mediocre win/loss.
    As others I am worried about my investment, time and money. Unfortunately the game needs free to play player as well "to make up the numbers". But, why is this well we all know but kabam needs to develop its plan faster.
    Eternity of pain
    Up coming chapter 8
    Inputs still missing after 14months of trying to fix it, nothing better than a beta dud
    Other bugs/errors taking too long to fix, this can monitored via the msgs in the forum
    What's the developers plans, 7 stars champs will be just repeating and boring, artefacts and relics, maybe greater mysteries, more points new options
    Kabam to understand not all of us are going to 100% chapter 7, but give us a chance to be involved
    I know there are going to be people who strongly disagree, but the facts show less people ate playing 1 war season ago saw the disappearance of the ally ranked 2, a new creative vision is needed if @seatin was around he could spur the development path like last time.

There are a lot of people who are taking a break from top tier AQ and AW because in AW, conduit and sick and tired are still bugged and the loyalty costs are way too high. Many are going to no to little item use to stock up on loyalty to buy stuff from the store.

AQ is just plain boring but if you want to continue to have a flow of rank up materials, it's needed.

Just because you saw an increase in your rankings, doesn't mean there are people leaving. If your alliance is ranking up champs, your alliance prestige is growing which means more points. I know that you want to keep this "fear" going of the game is dying or whatever because you think it's going to make Kabam magically fix everything but that's not exactly how it works.

I am not sure why you said that war rewards are taking too long to buff when they literally just buffed them for this upcoming season.

Why are you even talking about 7*'s when we can't even R5 a 6* yet?

If you can't 100% Act 7 then you just aren't trying. Plus, what does this even mean?

Glads said:

Buttehrs said:

Did you really just say that 1 loyalty it too low for revives? I don't think it gets any better than that. Literally. And honestly, with all that stuff you just mentioned, BGs, 8.1 upcoming incursions and AQ updates, the game is definitely not stagnating. Sure some people find 7* or relics repeating or boring bit thats probably only a small selection of the total overall player base.

Sorry, what I ment was 1 loyalty for war revives is silly. Health potions should be a ton lower, and 40% revives around 7.5k.
    With the global economy the way it is increased interest rates and inflation throughout the world people are not going to use real money.
    Incursions has been dead for a very long time, I am not sure if anyone in.my rolladex plays incursions, 8.1 is a boon for the game no doubt. I will reserve my opinion about aq updates. Also u just need to see the reaction of battleground to see how that has worked out. But it is a good idea just going through issues let's call them. My ally isn't taking part because of those issues
    My point is I am hoping the game evolves no just redo the same thing in a different uniform.
    Also I think you opinion on that group of people being a small section of the player base is inaccurate as for the increase in rank doing the same content but only kabam has these numbers but I am sure I am right
    You want them to raise the price of 40% revives in AW?
    I want balance, war is the best part of the game by a country mile. At the moment there is no balance people who aren't team players just invest in 40% revives. Those revives need to be more expensive and health potions a ton cheaper.

Glads said:

Hi folks,
    Eternity of pain
    Up coming chapter 8

There are a lot of people who are taking a break from top tier AQ and AW because in AW, conduit and sick and tired are still bugged and the loyalty costs are way too high. Many are going to no to little item use to stock up on loyalty to buy stuff from the store.

AQ is just plain boring but if you want to continue to have a flow of rank up materials, it's needed.

Just because you saw an increase in your rankings, doesn't mean there are people leaving. If your alliance is ranking up champs, your alliance prestige is growing which means more points. I know that you want to keep this "fear" going of the game is dying or whatever because you think it's going to make Kabam magically fix everything but that's not exactly how it works.

I am not sure why you said that war rewards are taking too long to buff when they literally just buffed them for this upcoming season.

If you can't 100% Act 7 then you just aren't trying. Plus, what does this even mean?
    That is exactly what I am saying with a few exceptions.
    Our increase rank in aq and yes aq is boring but necessary shows a trend. I don't know those 350 alliances nor do you. But the best guess is there aren't active any longer resting or quiting the same thing.
    War rewards are getting buffed it's been what 9 months since they were, now folks have 4 or some upto 10 rank 4 champs, kabam needs to be planning for 3 war seasons from now about the next buff, things need to be kept fuild.
    My forum post isn't to generate fear by inspire creativity which it genuinely needs, the game has been carrying on for 6 or 7 years it needs some creativity from the plan that has worked for the first 5.5 years.
    And yes people are fed up with the bugs that never get fixed as I mentioned in the starting post

Glads said:

Glads said:

Buttehrs said:

I want balance, war is the best part of the game by a country mile. At the moment there is no balance people who aren't team players just invest in 40% revives. Those revives need to be more expensive and health potions a ton cheaper.
    No. Health pots need to be cheaper and the revives stay the same price. You literally have no idea what you are even talking about.
    The entire idea of war is not to die, making revives more expensive will help with that and make people boost and HEAL, this is logical. Of course to do this effectively you need more capital by the way of loyalty. This is common-sense to me
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Even we moved up by about 100 ranks this AQ week
  • Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Glads said:

Glads said:

Buttehrs said:

When you have people who aren't team players the solution isn't to raise revive costs to try motivate them into not dieing, it's to warn them they'll be moved on if they aren't aligning with the alliances requirements and if they continue then move them on. Simple

Glads said:

Glads said:

Buttehrs said:

When you have people who aren't team players the solution isn't to raise revive costs to try motivate them into not dieing, it's to warn them they'll be moved on if they aren't aligning with the alliances requirements and if they continue then move them on. Simple
    With all respect you have never been a leader or officer in alliances that are trying to climb ranks from gold 1 and platinum 4 up.
    There are not enough players, who like war and are good enough everyone wants the bare minimum to get most rewards. Most of us aren't in the top 100-200 alliances where this happens. This was exactly what was happening to a friend in p3 alliance inly using 1 loyalty revives. When u have t5 and t6, a3 frags in loyalty store person only want to use loyalty for personal gain

Glads said:

Glads said:

Glads said:

Buttehrs said:

No. Health pots need to be cheaper and the revives stay the same price. You literally have no idea what you are even talking about.
    The entire idea of war is not to die, making revives more expensive will help with that and make people boost and HEAL, this is logical. Of course to do this effectively you need more capital by the way of loyalty. This is common-sense to me
    Revives we're changed in AW like 3 seasons ago. The highest you could get was 10k and they were expensive. Kabam changed them to 40% and made them 1 loyalty to help offset the cost of health pots since you are getting more health back using 40% vs the 10k or 4k revs. It was a step in the right direction and it was all explained when they made the changes and the idea came from DNA3000.

You're insane if you think the cost needs to go up and you obviously don't play anything higher than bronze 1.
    Mate, you are not understanding what I am saying, level 4 revive is 20k, level 3 is 15k. Teir 6 war you can earn around 60k of loyalty a week. This is why people don't heal is simple, and it's stuffed the game. You mate DNA might explain thinks his way, but thus is my opinion. 1k revives makes people take risky fights. All I am saying and please address all the points is health potions need to be significantly cheaper. And revives more expensive so encourage people to heal before fights rather than taking a 40% revives.
    If you watch tier 1 wars everyone heals, that's what should happen.

Glads said:

Glads said:

Glads said:

Buttehrs said:

You’ve got it backwards. Revives don’t stop people dying, health potions do. Revives allow you to progress through the war map, potions stop you from dying.

If you make revives expensive all you do is stop people being able to participate in war, there will be roadblocks and war will not be as fun.
    That is exactly what I said word for word make people boost and heal!
    So u agree πŸ‘ nice
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited September 2022
    Glads said:

Glads said:

Hi folks,
    Eternity of pain
    Up coming chapter 8

That is exactly what I am saying with a few exceptions.
    Our increase rank in aq and yes aq is boring but necessary shows a trend. I don't know those 350 alliances nor do you. But the best guess is there aren't active any longer resting or quiting the same thing.
    War rewards are getting buffed it's been what 9 months since they were, now folks have 4 or some upto 10 rank 4 champs, kabam needs to be planning for 3 war seasons from now about the next buff, things need to be kept fuild.
    My forum post isn't to generate fear by inspire creativity which it genuinely needs, the game has been carrying on for 6 or 7 years it needs some creativity from the plan that has worked for the first 5.5 years.
    And yes people are fed up with the bugs that never get fixed as I mentioned in the starting post
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/314136/alliance-wars-season-37-changelog-and-rewards-update-corrected#latest

War rewards were just buffed for season 37. They announced it nearly 2 weeks ago.

And we're about to hit year 8 for the game.
  • Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Glads said:

Glads said:

Glads said:

Buttehrs said:

With all respect you have never been a leader or officer in alliances that are trying to climb ranks from gold 1 and platinum 4 up.
    There are not enough players, who like war and are good enough everyone wants the bare minimum to get most rewards. Most of us aren't in the top 100-200 alliances where this happens. This was exactly what was happening to a friend in p3 alliance inly using 1 loyalty revives. When u have t5 and t6, a3 frags in loyalty store person only want to use loyalty for personal gain
    With all respect you have no knowledge of my time in mcoc, I've been an officer all throughout from g3 to currently p1/masters and I sympathise with you where down in lower tiers there's a lot of the players you're describing but from experience letting those players have their own way does nothing but hurt your alliance. What do you benefit from keeping them as opposed to getting the turnstyle going until better fits are found?

When I was down in g1 trying to push into the plats it wasn't until we got a bit more ruthless that we finally got appropriate players in and pushed on through to p3.

A lot of freeloaders that know as long as they log in and join accordingly a lot of officers won't do anything. Also there's alliance leaders that think they don't need to do anything and somehow think the alliance will progress to the next level naturally whereas they'll face alliances that take that extra step.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Glads said:

Glads said:

Glads said:

Glads said:

Buttehrs said:

You’ve got it backwards. Revives don’t stop people dying, health potions do. Revives allow you to progress through the war map, potions stop you from dying.

If you make revives expensive all you do is stop people being able to participate in war, there will be roadblocks and war will not be as fun.
    That is exactly what I said word for word make people boost and heal!
    So u agree πŸ‘ nice
    I don’t think you quite got what I said, because I really wasn’t agreeing with you. Revives should not be costing loyalty, they should be free (or 1 loyalty, same thing really).

Have a read through this thread, by DNA, which is the thread that literally persuaded Kabam to make revives free.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/301160/alliance-war-revives-should-be-free-not-click-bait-im-serious/p1

Revives being more expensive will not change how often people die on fights. It’s whether people use health potions that stops them from dying or not.
  • frodo2377frodo2377 Posts: 312 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    @Glads I understand what you are trying to say, but changing revive and potion costs isn't going to make them change their ways. You either all need to be on the same page in how you want war to be or it will never work.
  • thepiggy said:

Why didn't Kabam buff loyalty rewards for s37?

of course they didnt. I brought it up here.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/314255/war-the-loyalty-issue#latest

no traction
  • LeanbisonLeanbison Posts: 119 β˜…β˜…
    Some alliances are going after battlegrounds rewards and ditching AQ. You can now get most everything from the loyalty store in the catalyst store as well. The bg rewards are far superior to AQ rewards. Obviously this approach wont work for free to play alliances but for spenders its the best way forward.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Glads said:

Hi folks,
    Has anyone noticed the amount of players dropping out of the game recently.

Your experience is not necessarily indicative of the overall player community. I have run an alliance for a few years and the only time we lose someone is because of life reasons (school, work, etc).

Do players sometimes choose to stop playing? Sure, I assume that happens every day and always will.

Will people quit because of Loyalty rewards not being beefy enough to buy rank up materials more often? Doubtful, and if they did I would say they were not invested in the game anyway.

The inputs are definitely not perfect, but on my 2021 device it runs pretty much without error, and IMO this was the way the game felt before the input disaster hit. Applications have bugs. It has always and will always be a thing.

If you were to compare the number of new/updated features, game modes, champs, and nodes that are released every month to the number of bugs, you would find the bugs to be a tiny percentage. Anyone who has worked in software development knows that bug fixing is a built-in part of the development process, and in this game it is especially needed because there is no feasible way for Kabam to test every single interaction between champs, nodes, etc.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    You also have to take into consideration that maybe people are just scaling down AQ. AQ is imo the biggest chore in the contest (Arena is actually the one but it's much easier to just not participate if you don't feel like it).

Battlegrounds, Better AW rewards, Loyalty Store, Better EQ Rewards, EoP, $5 Daily Special.

All of these things have significantly better rewards than AQ at the moment so I bet a lot of people have just stepped back from it tbh. Particularly the people who may have been paying Gold, Loyalty, or Battlechips (which are just Gold or Units that require you to play Arena) in order to partake.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Ah yes bring back seatin he’s the curer or all illnesses.

Glads said:

Glads said:

Glads said:

Glads said:

Buttehrs said:

Revives we're changed in AW like 3 seasons ago. The highest you could get was 10k and they were expensive. Kabam changed them to 40% and made them 1 loyalty to help offset the cost of health pots since you are getting more health back using 40% vs the 10k or 4k revs. It was a step in the right direction and it was all explained when they made the changes and the idea came from DNA3000.

You're insane if you think the cost needs to go up and you obviously don't play anything higher than bronze 1.
    Mate, you are not understanding what I am saying, level 4 revive is 20k, level 3 is 15k. Teir 6 war you can earn around 60k of loyalty a week. This is why people don't heal is simple, and it's stuffed the game. You mate DNA might explain thinks his way, but thus is my opinion. 1k revives makes people take risky fights. All I am saying and please address all the points is health potions need to be significantly cheaper. And revives more expensive so encourage people to heal before fights rather than taking a 40% revives.
    If you watch tier 1 wars everyone heals, that's what should happen.
    I have no words for this. None of what you said is coherent and all of it is wrong.
    I can't help you sorry if you don't understand.
    I will try and offer a simple explanation.
    War is all about who dies the least therefore people should only use the least amount each war.
    Currently hp potions or healing potions are from 15000-20000 times more that revives this is a problem. Economically people aren't using hp restore/healing potions as much as the should anymore because it is too expensive.
    As revives are 40% hp restores too in order for these to be used sparingly and encourage people to heal they should be more expensive. If you consider an r3 champ has between 35-40k hit points a 40% revives costing 1 loyalty will restore ~18k hit points. So this would cost 40k in loyalty for 2x level4 potion single champ.
    Why did kabam do this youay ask? No one knows but I think they were hoping people will use real money, my experience in life (I am old) people use money for their own experiences not group particular where you don't really know them.
    To sum this up as I know it's difficult.
    We need a heap more loyalty
    We need heal potions to be proportional cheaper than revives, as revives are 1loyalty, these would have to go up.
    With current loyalty or about 17k per win
    Revives cost 4-5k
    Level 4 cost 3k
    Level 3 cost 2k
    Or something like this.
    If you respond please read the entire text including we need more loyalty