**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is T1a really an issue?

Comments

• Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Have you played map 3 lately? The full drops in those crystals are quite common, our retired alliance have alphas in their stashes,
    We often run 55553 as the 3 will yield several of us alphas, and easy day 5 and still stays in expert tier
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    Is it really an issue. I hear folks complain about how it's hard to get and there is a shortage...Well, how about this? Don't upgrade that 4* champ that you never play anyways.

Nope. The "issue" is self-imposed but due to the nature of certain individuals -- they always blame others for the choices, whether good or bad, that they had made -- they falsely claim that there is a problem with the game. They do this in their "real life" so it is only natural that they would also do it with the game and devs.

The reality is that Kabam can choose to perfectly balance the items (alphas, isos, other cats, etc) that you can get from each activity and it will still never matter. This is because the loser player chooses which activity to participate in and therefore will earn more of a certain item based on their choices.

The only option is to remove the choice from the moron player and have EACH activity earn specific quantities of EVERY ITEM and every hero rank up requirements are modified to ensure that no single item becomes a surplus.

But that will never happen. I play other games where we have to accumulate items in order to rank up our heroes and we always have an excess of this, almost none of that. The items that are lacking always take "forever" to get.

It is only in MCOC that players whine like babies all the time over a common game dynamics. It wasn't too long ago that there was too many T4Cs and none enough T4Bs.

So if we see an illogical imbalance nobody should ever mention it for fear of being ridiculed by you? We comment because a change would be nice and the most negativity We see in this convo is the people mocking and ridiculing anyone for suggesting that it would be nice.
    Nobody has made a decent counter argument to my point that the choke point created by the highest alpha ratio rankups is now tier 3 4*s and r1 5*s a point where champs are unuseable and untestable for almost anything in the game, it would be nice if t4bs was once again the more natural bottleneck and we could actually rank up 4*s to r3 to test them and 5*s to r2 to possibly get some use out of them ie arena. God forbid that we could actually use our glory for something that logically should be rare and valuable. Some t2a shards
    Ps I played for years with t4bs and t4cs as a bottleneck, never ever complained, the only reason I partake so much in these convos is because I see a glaringly obvious minor tweak that would make the game more fun again. And I see kabam ignoring it
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    What that would do is accelerate the growth of the specific demographic, which in this instance happens to be those at the top, and leave the rest Ranking at the regular pace. It would also cause an imbalance of other Resources, and affect the entire Reward system as a whole. Until, inevitably, the next Resource comes along that people feel is inadequate based on spending habits, and the process starts all over again.
    But t4bs are the next natural choke point anyway and they aren't greatly available either, they are a more logical solution as all t1a bottleneck achieves in this system is strangle 5* ranking unnaturally (ranking more 5* to t2/t3 does. Not particularly imbalance the game much at all and the 5*s have been worked hard for. or you could say it encourages 4* ranking when 4*s are being phased out of the game,
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    But t4bs are the next natural choke point anyway and they aren't greatly available either, they are a more logical solution as all t1a bottleneck achieves in this system is strangle 5* ranking unnaturally (ranking more 5* to t2/t3 does. Not particularly imbalance the game much at all and the 5*s have been worked hard for. or you could say it encourages 4* ranking when 4*s are being phased out of the game,

It's not a strangle. It's pacing. Progrssion is paced. It's not exclusive to this game. There are caps to Resources in just about every game of this type.
  • It's funny how little the people who post here the most know about this game. :D
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    Can we have a conclusion on this topic please? It's been discussed for too long and there are too many back and forth arguments.

Let's just agree one one consensus and move on!
  • JamesMJamesM Posts: 133
    edited December 2017
    C0atHang3r wrote: »
    It's funny how little the people who post here the most know about this game. :D

I don't see any connection between commenting in forums and knowledge of the game. I know a lot about the game but have only recently commented specifically about this issue, since it has been a thorn in my side for a while. I don't think it is the highest priority issue but one that only seems to get worse. After this month you will see more people complain, I can almost guarantee that, with the higher rank rewards coming out this month. Those that are saying it isn't a bottleneck are flat out wrong and aren't contributing to the topic and are noise at this point. The real debate is if it is an acceptable bottleneck, is it really a progression (ranking Max lvl champs available) bottleneck and or if it is a amanageable bottleneck that paces progression rather than a hard limitation.

Honestly, with r4s becoming more available and having ranked about 22 5*s to r3 I may be clearing the bottleneck soon and refocusing my resource spemding and purchasing. That being said many are deeper in the bottleneck and are soon to hit it, I am just trying to voice the frustration. By the way have done everything to get T1A which includes normal EQ and class catalyst clash arena which many people don't bother doing and I still had issues and have many crystals not opened waiting for t1a.
    Had to revise that, I have 22 at r3 not 18.
    I don't purchase featured crystals which exasperates the issue more so than those that get a lot of featured crystals.
  • GruftyGrufty Posts: 186
    edited December 2017
    T1A is a big issue and I see 2 major problems.

The 1st is that they have recently increased the amount of 5* shards we can actually get but not increased the resources required to rank them.

December alone will be possible to earn 70,000+ 5* shards but without an increase to resources then we won't be able to rank up these champions.

The 2nd is that I also think it's a bigger issue now with the state of AW.

In the past, everyone ranked up similar champions, which made people complain about diversity.

AW therefore changed to dictate the win based on diversity. So if we now need to rank up diverse champions to help in AW (plus the utility champions for questing etc.) we obviously need more resources to do this.

As an example: If i take Antman to war and is only 2/35, then ideally I want to take him to at least 3/45 to help with defender rating.

Now while saving resources I happen to pull an iceman, due to his utility I'm obviously going to want to use my limited resources to rank him up instead which now means my alliance will suffer.

If kabam really want us to rank up diverse champions then we need more resources as most people will always rank up for utility 1st.

It's not a strangle. It's pacing. Progrssion is paced. It's not exclusive to this game. There are caps to Resources in just about every game of this type.

This purely avoided my whole comment, strangle (or pace is just a more polite term) the point is why is the 'pacing' targetting 5* champs at such a low point in their progression, i can repeat the whole statement again replacing strangle with pace it doesn't change the point, I've said I'm happy to have 'pacing', just that it makes more sense for the choke points that are created by the 'pacing' to be at points in progression where the champs have some albeit limited use in the game.

And coathanger was that a dig at me? Or gw? I don't logically see that I have demonstrated a lack of knowledge of the game? that I think the 5* choke point could be raised abit because more r2s in the game isn't really going to hurt most of us? Because I think there are t1as in map 3 crystals? I don't really claim to be an expert on the game in fact this is the only topic I've frequented. I usually just give noobs advice. Actually, that's not a joke. Sometimes I report bugs, I certainly don't comment on 90% of topics like gw... ok I'm concluding that was a dig at him, even though you seem to be mostly on his side of this debate.
    ghjvof50vbu1.png
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    If this was Twitter.

Have to choose who to rank this month Iceman and AA or Luke Cage and Groot. feels bad. #muhalphashortage

Spent my glory on t2a and pots this week. No t1a to rank the game changing champ I just pulled. And need to buy more t2a and pots with next weeks glory. #muhalphashortage

Took 3 5s to R3 this month and 1 to r2. Only have 3 alphas in overflow right now. #muhalphashortage

Don’t play the game much so I only get basics from the log in calendar and can’t rank up champions. #muhalphashortage

Pulled Luke Cage today and took him to rank 3 immediately. Got lucky in a GMC just after that and pulled Archangel but now it’ll take two weeks before I can take him to rank three. #muhalphashortage

How am I supposed to catch GencerM at my pace?#muhalphashortage

Were being gifted 3 rank 5s this month and can only earn 20 alphas to rank them. #muhalphashortage

• CoatHang3r wrote: »
    If this was Twitter.

Have to choose who to rank this month Iceman and AA or Luke Cage and Groot. feels bad. #muhalphashortage

Spent my glory on t2a and pots this week. No t1a to rank the game changing champ I just pulled. And need to buy more t2a and pots with next weeks glory. #muhalphashortage

Took 3 5s to R3 this month and 1 to r2. Only have 3 alphas in overflow right now. #muhalphashortage

Don’t play the game much so I only get basics from the log in calendar and can’t rank up champions. #muhalphashortage

Pulled Luke Cage today and took him to rank 3 immediately. Got lucky in a GMC just after that and pulled Archangel but now it’ll take two weeks before I can take him to rank three. #muhalphashortage

Were being gifted 3 rank 5s this month and can only earn 20 alphas to rank them. #muhalphashortage

You're just a bad human being. Don't you ever feel like you can post a comment without making fun or taking a shot at someone? Just curious. You should try it.
    edited December 2017
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    If this was Twitter.

You're just a bad human being. Don't you ever feel like you can post a comment without making fun or taking a shot at someone? Just curious. You should try it.

Irony is delicious first thing in the morning so thank you for that. Feel like I can? yes...and btw thanks for holding onto the forum account and being a fan of mine since the creation of this forum, consider this one reply to you my autograph, hold onto it as it may be worth something some day when people call me out in a thread directed squarely at me.
  • CoatHang3r wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    If this was Twitter.

Irony is a delicious first thing in the morning so thank you for that. I feel like I can yes...and btw thanks for holding onto the forum account and being a fan of mine since the creation of this forum, consider this one reply to you my autograph, hold onto it as it may be worth something some day when people call me out in a thread directed squarely at me.

No idea what any of that meant. You say weird things a lot that don't make sense. I do however hope you try to be nice for once. I know these forums give you purpose, but you could have purpose here in a different way. A nicer way.
    Anybody have a valid counter to my repeated point that t4b makes more sense as a bottleneck resource? This is Revealing itself as the usual suspects trying to mock people for suggesting a tweak in the game that wouldn't effect anybody negatively. And possibly make the game a bit more fun again, remember that's probably supposed to be the goal of playing this wonderful game, and me being able to r2 a 5* without a weeks worth of the games most 'prescious resource doesn't seem like it's going to create a giant imbalance in the game, but hey I'm mid tier, I'm not trying to be at the top of anything, guess some of you are trying to protect your rank in something
    I'm checking out, been in circles. You guys are resorting to finding digs to mock people. And just ignoring the valid points made by so many, guess that's forum life

#maket4bsgreatagain
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    I agree with you. It feels bad being locked by low tier mats.

I'm not saying flood the game with T1A, but they are used In almost all rank ups at the end game. It's not fun.

I'd much rather be locked by the T4CC that they are throwing at us like free candy.
    edited December 2017
    Anybody have a valid counter to my repeated point that t4b makes more sense as a bottleneck resource? This is Revealing itself as the usual suspects trying to mock people for suggesting a tweak in the game that wouldn't effect anybody negatively. And possibly make the game a bit more fun again, remember that's probably supposed to be the goal of playing this wonderful game, and me being able to r2 a 5* without a weeks worth of the games most 'prescious resource doesn't seem like it's going to create a giant imbalance in the game, but hey I'm mid tier, I'm not trying to be at the top of anything, guess some of you are trying to protect your rank in something
    I'm checking out, been in circles. You guys are resorting to finding digs to mock people. And just ignoring the valid points made by so many, guess that's forum life

Your “t4b should be the bottleneck” has been addressed in the past. To summarize,, there will be a bottleneck, the devs decide what that bottleneck is and t1a is a great bottle neck as it is the most readily abundant end game rank up material and cheapest to obtain via glory by comparison. #ifiwasthegamedev #victimcard #muhalphashortage

@Speeds80 There is an imposter C0atHang3r so...
  • Looks like you couldn't do it :/
    Even if T1A should be a bottleneck, I think it should be relaxed more with recent developments (5* and T2a availability) so that it isn't as frustrating.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I have no problem spending glory on alphas up to a point, I regularly buy 3 a week until the price gets to be inconvenient.

I wouldn't be opposed to having alpha crystals in the store for units like gold crystals. They could be made with random shards and a chance at a full one for players who have a need or desire to accelerate their rank ups. As long as they don't decrease the amount currently available and possibly add another proving grounds for them I think it would be a good addition.

From personal experience I can say I've waited a couple of weeks to rank a 5*, only to pull another one that is useful and be forced to choose between the two, with alphas being the hold up. It's true that 5*, t4b and t4c are much easier to get, but alphas have remained stagnant.
    if t1as are the intended bottleneck, why take them out of map 5 and 6?
    Yeah with r5s and way more r4s and 5* shards coming to the contest this month, I think this is going to frustrate a Lot more people, I hope you all pull 4 decent 5*s in row and then feel the burn.(think about that it's actually a nice wish) Seems like with the r4s coming up we are being nickel and dimed with the chokepoint set so low in the 5*s , worrying about more people r2ing and r3ing 5*s doesn't seem to be a concern at this point, and dropping the alpha requirement for those levels does seem like the best solution to me
    edited December 2017
    if t1as are the intended bottleneck, why take them out of map 5 and 6?
    They are there, look closer; they were never there in the first place but were added to those maps. And why would they not give more of their intended bottleneck resource, come on now.