**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are War Machine's Prefights bugged?

MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
Hi guys.

TL:DR - Tech attackers don't seem to get the right Attack boost from War Machines Prefight abilities.

-------------------------------------

First off: not the important stuff like the Cleanse charges, and the Energy Resistance. Those seem to be working fine, as far as I can tell.

But a bit of testing in RoL against Winter Soldier confirmed that the Attack boost they're also supposed to give isn't up to par.

War Machine's Spotlight states that any prefight grants the attacker +10% attack. The Skirmish prefight grants an (additional) Attack boost, dependent on how high your Armour is:

Well, I've tried WM with a variety of Tech champions; avoiding any who proc Armour as it causes varying Armour rating; or champs like Guilly2099 or Star Lord, who gain Attack with their combo. And the Attack boost just isn't as good as it should be. This chart shows the results, in order of how high the Champions Armour is:

I tried comparing the +10% Attack you should get from a Support or Fortify prefight (both had the same effect) with a synergy-based +10% Attack rating from adding a 3* Ant-Man + Yellowjacket to the team. The synergy granted the expected benefit; but the Support/Fortify Prefights (yellow box) didn't. Oddly, the Prefight benefits seemed to be better for champions with higher armour - which is only supposed to be the case with the Skirmish prefight. Some of the champions were only getting +4-5% Attack from something that is supposed to give them a +10% boost.

The Skirmish prefight (blue box) does give a higher boost, and it clearly scales (non-linearly) with Armour; but even that Prefight only generated over +10% Attack for a few Tech champions with a base Armour of >1000. War Machine himself has one of the highest base armours in the game, so his Prefights work really well for him - it's just a shame that they seem less good for others.

Are other people seeing this? And do you have any other explanation? If not, could the Kabam Bugs team please take a look?

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

Would the Disagree Troll care to elaborate?

he who lurks in the shadows hath not reveal his face
  • LBN1LBN1 Posts: 185 ★★
    Nice testing. I never noticed as I really don't use my War Machine prefights all that much. Anyway, I did a much smaller sample test in ROL with my 5* Warlock who is also 5/65. My results were similar, in that adding a Support or adding Fortify, increased light attack by around 5.6%, and with Skirmish it went to around 11.3%. So confirmed, not seeing a full 10% boost with Support or Fortify.

What is also interesting (and not to sidetrack your thread), but a 5* 5/65 Warlock's light attack per AuntMai should be at 587, and Mediums at 915. Without any boost or synergy, my Warlock had light attacks at 494 and medium attacks at 770. My mastery set up only adds attack of at least 6.4%. I'm not sure, maybe a separate bug for Warlock too?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    So, it's been a couple of months: this thread hasn't been acknowledged, nor does it show up on the 'Bugs and Known Issues' list.

I've double-checked, and the benefits of East Machine's Prefights are still substantially lower than they should be.

Please could this be looked into?
    So, War Machine's Prefights still don't grant anything like +10% Attack. It's not on the 'Bugs and Known Issues' list, nor is it on the shiny new Trello.

Checked again today:
    Punisher-2099 Vs Winter Soldier in RoL

Damage for non-critical medium attacks:
    Standard = 1158
    With WM Support prefight = 1203 (+3.8%)
    With WM Skirmish prefight = 1254 (+8.3%)
    With +10% Attack Synergy (2*AM, 3*YJ) = 1271 (+9.8%)
    Just thought I'd repost: this is still an issue.
    Checked again today:

The values for Punisher-2099 are as noted in the post immediately above.

I've also gone through again with a 5/65 Warlock Vs Winter Soldier in RoL. Warlock seems to benefit slightly more than P2099, probably because he has a higher armour rating. They're still the same values as I was getting in my original post at the top.

Damage for non-critical medium attacks:
    Standard = 735
    With WM Support prefight = 780 (+6.1%)
    With WM Skirmish prefight = 823 (+11.2%)

It would be nice if this got any kind of response, or showed up on the Trello...
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    edited February 2023
    @Kabam Jax is there a process for acknowledging bugs?

(My R3, 6*, multiple dupe war machine has no bearing on this... I promise...)

@Kabam Jax is there a process for acknowledging bugs?

(My R3, 6*, multiple dupe war machine has no bearing on this... I promise...)

If there is Jax, please can this be looked into?

Interestingly, whilst it's an underpowered ability if you're trying to use War Machine with 6* or 7* champions, it becomes wildly overpowered if you use it with 2* champions: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/342023/war-machines-prefights-are-absurdly-powerful-if-youre-a-2-champion#latest

Anyway, wanted to try my best to get this one onto the 'fix list'. Thanks.
  • Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    edited August 2023
    No comment at all from Kabam yet, even though @Magrailothos has valiantly attempted to elicit at least some sort of acknowledgement or response for a year from any Kabam moderator. This ridiculous, instead Kabam just continue to post updates on this obscure trello board that they have failed to make relevant or noticed to the general player base and it's mainly nerfs to the better performing champions. (Not to say that war machine isn't a great champ, because he is very enjoyable). Just a "thanks, we will look into it" or even an honest statement like: "thanks for bringing this to our attention, we will let the bug fixing team know, but it is not currently high on our list of priorities right now, so won't be changed for a while" would be very much appreciated @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit