**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    I'm spending extra revives just because of these input issues. Either fix the game or restart the compensation , with better single player compensation package.

@Kabam Porthos
    @Kabam Vydious

IGN - rockykoston
    I'm using Xiaomi 10T pro
    Android 12 skq 1.211006.001
    MIUI v 13.0.1 global
    Model M2007J3SG
  • In-Game Name: Tuba202
    Device and Model: Pixel 4xl
    Device Operating System: 13
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 36.2.0
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: At the end of ANY fight, the game simply freezes up. It gets stuck on the champions' winning animation, and it NEVER stops, nor does it have any sort of error. It is simply frozen. I constantly have to restart the game after every fight. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!
  • Jrankin5Jrankin5 Posts: 3
    In-Game Name: JoeSippy
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S21FE)
    Device Operating System: Android 12
    Cellular or WiFi: Both Cellular (AT&T) and wifi
    Game Version Installed: Version 36.2.0
    Game Mode: All game red modes are effected with a lag during play, which results in loss of health and/or match. It also affects all champions, not just a certain of one. As I'm fighting, I would lag while the A.I capitalize on it and strike me resulting in loss of health or losing match.
  • Dylanc0405Dylanc0405 Posts: 43
    In-Game Name: DylanC0405
    Device and Model: galaxy note 20 ultra and galaxy flip 4
    Device Operating System: android 12.0
    Cellular or WiFi: verizon cellular data and WiFi
    Description of the Issue: teying to make a purchase and get this "error retrieving information from server df-dferh-01"
  • In-Game Name: Jericho210
    Device and Model: LG v50
    Device Operating System: 12
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 25.0
    Game Mode: Questing

Other reddit users report similar issue. When charging heavy, it locks (until you get hit) and then heavies are disabled until end of fight or gane reset. Mainly act 6, but no other indicators present l.e. doesn't appear to be related to lag or battery or wifi reception.
  • In-Game Name: Jericho210
    Device and Model: LG v50
    Game Version Installed: 25.0
    Game Mode: Questing

Other reddit users report similar issue. When charging heavy, it locks (until you get hit) and then heavies are disabled until end of fight or gane reset. Mainly act 6, but no other indicators present l.e. doesn't appear to be related to lag or battery or wifi reception.
  • Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Posts: 466 ★★★
    In-Game Name: APOCALISSE
    Device and Model: Samsung s10 lite
    Cellular or WiFi: cellular
    Game Version Installed: 36.2.1
    Game Mode: story mode

I was doing a battle in act 8.1.5 and the game freeze in the middle of the match. I restarted the app, i started this match again and the game freezes again....this for 3 times.
    I think that the problem is knull or his interaction with the nodes of this lane of act 8.1.5

• In-Game Name: DrussWaker
    Device and Model: Galaxy S22
    Game Version Installed: 36.21
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: In any of the above game modes, during combat the game randomly freezes for a split secound (0.5 - 1 secound). In addition to that, I frequestly have a random dash back in the middle of a combination attack. I have also started notice that my parrys are not as effective (either totally no responsive of much delayed. In addition to the parry issues, my opponent often breaks through my blocking even though they do not have an active "Unblockable" at the time.
  • PeachsaharatPeachsaharat Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: Peach SC
    Device and Model: Galaxy C9 pro
    Device Operating System: 8.0.0
    Game Version Installed: 36.3.0
    Game Mode: Alliance War
    Description of the Issue: The game crash when I enter alliance war champion selection screen due to an unknown error.
  • Ratchet103Ratchet103 Posts: 1
    This is ratchet19 I'm having problems my game keep stopping during the fight and I end up on the wrong side of the blow and I end up losing the fight every time it's getting frustrated wasting resources it's like the game knows my every move before I make them something wrong please help thanks
  • abelardoabelardo Posts: 35
    edited October 2022
    In-Game Name: abelardo
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy A52s 5g
    Device Operating System: Android 12
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Version Installed: 36.2.1
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue:
    The character moves with difficulty and sometimes does not follow commands. (ex: medium attack) Both characters move at 20-25 FPS. You cannot complete a combo or parry the opponent in time.
    Sometimes it moves in the opposite direction
  • snammsnamm Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name. snamm
    Device and Model: Galaxy Tab S2
    Device Operating System: 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: wifi
    Game Version Installed: just reinstalled, so newest version
    Game Mode: Story and Event Quests
    Description of the Issue: Game crashes and reads "Game Error. An unknown error has occurred. Please try again later." With a button reading MS_ID_UI_OK on it. Been doing this for about 20 hours now. Kept me from closing off a quest before end of the storyline. Pretty frustrating.
  • MaelhusMaelhus Posts: 2
    In-Game Name: Maelhus
    Device and Model: Galaxy A9 (2018)
    Device Operating System: Android 10
    Game Mode: AQ, AW, Missions
    Description of the Issue: When I try to enter aq, aw or missions I get an error message saying "MS_ID_UI_OK". Tapping the "message" automatically closes the game.

• Darko_mattev1977Darko_mattev1977 Posts: 18
    edited October 2022

Can not play. Everytime I try to start a match, I get the same error massage.
  • Darko_mattev1977Darko_mattev1977 Posts: 18
    edited October 2022

In-Game Name: Darko Mattex
    Game Version Installed: last available
    Game Mode: missions
    Description of the Issue: some times just loading the game, some others before starting the match, I get the error message "MS_ID_UI_OK". Any action brings to the game crash
  • tufo24tufo24 Posts: 45
    In-Game Name: Tufo24
    Device and Model: Galaxy S8 Active
    Device Operating System: Android 9
    Game Mode: Upgrade Champions and some fights too
    Description of the Issue: Every time I click a champ and press upgrade, as soon as it brings me to the next screen with the ISO I get the Game Error Message "An unknown error has occurred. Please try again later" and the button below it says "MS_ID_UI_OK" and it kicks me out of the game completely where i have to reboot the game. I need to contribute to our Summoner Advancement alliance event and my Level Up Solo Event and this messed it all up. As for the issue with fights, sometimes a champ just stops moving and other times it is doing different moves then what I press and has even gone opposite direction a few times
  • tufo24tufo24 Posts: 45
    edited October 2022
    Message was duplicated. Please remove this post
  • AarhusAarhus Posts: 3
    In-Game Name: Aärhus
    Game Version Installed: lastest
    Description of the Issue: The error just appeared, it's the same one the other players have. "MS_ID_UI_OK" then nothing can be done, the game closes. This affecting our participation in war and content. Please fix it.

• Big (potential) INSIGHTFUL to @Wuffie in his own thread about this MS_ID_UI error problem on Android.

(quoted from their post)…
    Like some others, I am also having the MS_ID_UI_OK error.
    MS_ID_UI_OK happens when some champs are shown in their 3D model view.
    MS_ID_UI_OK will happen even on the HOME screen if one of these five show up.

*** Captain Britain, Dormammu, Galen, Guardian, Human Torch. ***
    (end)

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/316111/ms-id-ui-ok-created-by-5-different-champions#latest

Which when I look at screen caps here (and other threads) showing this error, looks like they are all showing one of the 5 champs listed above.

That person is on Samsung S8 Active (a common device mentioned among some people reporting this issue, but it's not exclusively just Samsung S8)
  • MafeloyoMafeloyo Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: Mafeloyo
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy Note 8
    Game Version Installed: lastest
    The error "MS_ID_UI_OK" appear when I have to choose the champions to play in AW and Missions (images attached).
    Right Now I am in AW with my team and I can't contribute because I can't play. Please fix this as soon as possible.

• durant88durant88 Posts: 6
    Don’t no if I’m on the right page I’ve just opened a 6* basic crystal and the game lagged and logged me out when I logged back in didn’t have a 6* champ or or shards back all it shows is the 5* I opened

• durant88durant88 Posts: 6

• In-Game Name: Darko Mattex
    Game Mode: missions
    I dont know if someone else is still experiencing the same problem.
    Everytime I have to fight vs. one among Human torch, Dormammu, Captain Britannia, Galan and Guardian, the game crashes. I counted four paths in the monthly event I wont complete. That's unfair

• Device and Model: Galaxy A9 (2018)

I dont know if someone else is still experiencing the same problem.
    Everytime I have to fight vs. one among Human torch, Dormammu, Captain Britannia, Galan and Guardian, the game crashes. I counted four paths in the monthly event I wont complete. That's unfair

Yes,
    MS_ID_UI_OK error when showing ..
    *** Captain Britain, Dormammu, Galen, Guardian, Human Torch. ***

And 2 other people have also added HAVOK to that list (making it 6 champs).
  • CruEtZFeldTCruEtZFeldT Posts: 4
    In-Game Name: CruEtZFeldT
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy note 9
    Device Operating System: 2.5
    Game Mode: All
    There are a few issues I'm facing:

1. Almost every fight I play in running into the issue where the game freezes for 3-5 seconds, sometimes more than once, and when it finally started back up it's like the AI just kept playing but I couldn't do anything.
    2. The menu is SUPER laggy, I can't scroll through anything without it glitching and freezing for a few seconds, sometimes upwards to 10 seconds
    3. While I'm TAPPING the right side of my screen during a fight for light hits in a combo my champion randomly throws out an attempted heavy, even though I wasn't holding the right side of the screen down.
    4. My champions also like to for some odd reason dash at my opponent even though I'm holding block.
    5. And lastly my parry didn't work half the time even though I know for an absolute FACT I'm hitting it at the right time. I know this cause I've never had a problem with it before the June update this year. After the June update my have stopped letting me login unless I was connected to WiFi but then you all fixed that issue and now I'm plagued with all the problems above!!!!

Please fix these issues. I really love playing this game but this glitches and lags really ruin the fun in this game.
  • BreakingStarBreakingStar Posts: 5
    In-Game Name: BreakingStar
    Device and Model: Oppo Reno7 5G
    Device Operating System: Android 12
    Game Version Installed: 36.3.1
    Game Mode: rewards for battlegrounds alliance event.
    I have received all the other rewards but no sign of t5cc selector. My alliance was in 11-20% range.
  • ChronZChronZ Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: -C H R O N I C
    Device And Model: Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018)
    Cellular Or WiFi: Both, Same effect
    Game Version Installed: 36.3.1
    Game Mode: The Game
    Description Of The Issue:
    I can't enter the game, I get stuck on the new spider man loading screen infinitely, it went on for about 15 before I decided to delete data and try something. I clicked on New game instead of Continue game, and when I went to login, it worked but with a risk, If you close the game or go to a champion select menu you'd have to do it all over again. Hope this is enough