**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How useful is Spider-man 2099 outside high-tier AW?

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
edited September 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I have pulled this guy as a 6* yesterday and after I tried him out and read his abilities, I am kinda torn. He is definitely a good champ with really high skill cap.

The thing is, that most of the YT videos, that showcase him as "god" are high tier AW. And since I play only solo, I wonder how useful he is in the rest of the game? Over the past months I have seen very mixed reactions. Some love him and some hate him, he is one of the most polarising champs in terms of community reception.

So please share your thoughts and experience. I am still looking for some decent R3 adept in the Science class (my best options now are S99, Spam or SGwen)
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    If you don't do wars.
    Keep him as an r2.
    He is a power control God and counters nodes which punishes buffs.

I have a r3 Sig 200.
    I'm not going to take him r4 as he stays banned in wars.
  • Berlad8Berlad8 Posts: 114
    I don't play high tier wars and i have S99 at R3.
    i don't understand why people say he's only good for AW. I use him almost everywhere.
    he's amazing against alot of nodes in the game,and fights against the annoying mystics (mojo,dorm,etc...) feels like walk in the park with him.
    he is great for act 7&8,and in my grandmaster's gauntlet run he was one of the MVPs.
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,234 ★★★★
    I feel like if you want amazing damage without a long ramp up then you have to bring anti venom. I'm waiting to go past r2 on mine until i pull an anti venom
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,304 ★★★★★
    Good for nodes that allow us inflicting unique debuffs on opponents
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,295 ★★★★★
    He's better than torch in some situations
  • Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 249 ★★
    i nevet use my r3 sig 20 spidey2099. One of my worst rank ups so far.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    I have used my 6R3 extensively in Act 7 exploration, in all the paths that require Power control (and they are plenty) and in certain Mystic bosses that need to be power controlled as well. He performs exceptionally well.
  • Iron_J3Iron_J3 Posts: 269
    Kerneas said:

I have pulled this guy as a 6* yesterday and after I tried him out and read his abilities, I am kinda torn. He is definitely a good champ with really high skill cap.

The thing is, that most of the YT videos, that showcase him as "god" are high tier AW. And since I play only solo, I wonder how useful he is in the rest of the game? Over the past months I have seen very mixed reactions. Some love him and some hate him, he is one of the most polarising champs in terms of community reception.

So please share your thoughts and experience. I am still looking for some decent R3 adept in the Science class (my best options now are S99, Spam or SGwen)

Spidey 2099 is awesome. Not sure reasons why some dislike him. I’ve read his damage is middle-ground. I don’t get that when I use him. I was very happy to pull him. SP2099, Quake and Sunspot are my favorite champs.

SP2099, SS, SWigil, BW CV, IMIW, Blade, CMM, and BW DO - all were part of team(s) that helped me beat Act 4. I used mainly SP2099 and SS. SP2099 damage was more than good. Zero regrets ranking him up.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★
    I have only used him in Arenas, and found him lackluster as just a general use champion. Having said that, I admit that champions that require Dexterity/dashbacks as part of their kit is not my cup of tea, so I definitely am not using him optimally.

His kit is immensely useful for certain content. Wither is a very rare ability, so it is definitely is a nice thing to have when faced with all the power type nodes.

To me, as someone who is not going to invest time into increasing my skill at S2099, I view him entirely as a champion to rank up for niche content (R2 at most). That doesn't mean that he is bad, but rather that he is someone that doesn't do enough for me to replace my already ranked champions (R3s).
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Used him a lot in Act 8, great for the weapon nodes that needed non-damaging debuffs. Amazing for buff punishing or passive power gain matchups. I do agree with the sentiment that was previously given that the dexing is annoying, because it is. I usually try and dex once or twice in my ramp-up, then again right before sp2. after a while, you don't notice it
    altavista said:

I have only used him in Arenas, and found him lackluster as just a general use champion. Having said that, I admit that champions that require Dexterity/dashbacks as part of their kit is not my cup of tea, so I definitely am not using him optimally.

His kit is immensely useful for certain content. Wither is a very rare ability, so it is definitely is a nice thing to have when faced with all the power type nodes.

To me, as someone who is not going to invest time into increasing my skill at S2099, I view him entirely as a champion to rank up for niche content (R2 at most). That doesn't mean that he is bad, but rather that he is someone that doesn't do enough for me to replace my already ranked champions (R3s).

I hear that. I use him, using his best assets. It takes some patience and such. After get used to playing him, he’s legit. I am huge fan of Spidey 2099.

Used him a lot in Act 8, great for the weapon nodes that needed non-damaging debuffs. Amazing for buff punishing or passive power gain matchups. I do agree with the sentiment that was previously given that the dexing is annoying, because it is. I usually try and dex once or twice in my ramp-up, then again right before sp2. after a while, you don't notice it

Great opinions on SP2099. I must be really lucky with his (SP2099) damage. Him and Sunspot helped me cruise to complete Act 4. Both are 4* R4/40. Both damages are (were) legit. Spidey 2099 SP2 is legit. Same as SS SP2. I love both as top champs. I’m also biased though. Spider-Man (any variant) is my favorite. Sunspot though, is now my favorite.