**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Incursions Updates: Enter Castle Doom, Play Solo, and More!

Comments

• Nemsa_M4nNemsa_M4n Posts: 97
    Your answer should have been, nothing but your time. @Kabam Miike
  • ThiartcThiartc Posts: 265 ★★
    edited September 2022

Thiartc said:

How much money will it cost me to play this?

1x Video of you dancing the Macarena. I will also accept Y2K-era e-cards or a picture of a kitten in a cowboy hat.
    Wow, that is steep, i dont dance

I thought about it and the way i put it was very argumentative, so i will try again.

Will the 1 player version be as it is in the current version, or will there be some kind of token (as per bg’s) to play
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    After the battlegrounds fiasco with how much you’d have to pay to get any semblance of good rewards… I’m not optimistic right now.
  • Trivium69Trivium69 Posts: 25
    I’ll finally start playing again for solo mode I don’t like playing with others in this mode especially because of the randoms you have to put up playing with
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 349 ★★★
    MCOC Team said:

Summoners!

Do you dare enter the halls of Castle Doom?

This October, Incursions will be getting a host of updates that we’re excited to share with you! Here’s what you can expect:

• Ultron has been dethroned! Doctor Doom and Iron Man (Infamous) will be the new bosses of the mode, along with a legion of Doom Bots!
    • For the first time ever, you can play Incursions either with a friend or solo! One of the most requested additions to Incursions has been the ability to play the mode by yourself, and we’re eager to give you all the opportunity to conquer Sectors on your own.
    • For those seeking a new challenge - test your might in a brand new Difficulty level! Sector 9 promises just that for even the strongest of Summoners!
    • New Nodes and Encounters! New Champions (including some released this year) and Nodes await to challenge you and your Champions!
    • Updated Rewards and Incursions Store! Looking for 6 Star Incursions crystals? They’ll be coming your way soon, along with other updates to the store!
    Details on all of these will be released in October, so keep an eye out!

To make this update, we’ll need to take Incursions offline for an extended period of time.

Incursions will be taken into Maintenance on September 28th
    New Incursions will come online on October 13th

We can’t wait to share more information with you all, and for you all to try out the new and improved Incursions experience!
    Nice! Can't wait to face new bugs and glitches and break my phone into two
  • Vis_101Vis_101 Posts: 28

If you are disabling incursions for that period of time from 9/28 - 10/13, you should consider taking the zone clearing daily objective out of the rotation during that time frame. Wouldn't seem right for someone to have that objective proc and have to potentially waste units changing it since it would be unable to be done during that time span.

Good call out. Gave the team a heads up about this.
    Can you also ask them about removing other redundant objectives? I still occasionally get tasked to complete a map in Act 6 despite it being 100% explored.
  • BendonBendon Posts: 15
    Will the currency stay the came? Can we still use our incursions artifacts?
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

Solo incursions, YES!!! I have never played a single incursion bcs my social anxiety.

I also don't play BGs bcs of that

You don’t play BGs because of social anxiety? There’s no interaction between the two players, if that helps you. No communication system or anything
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★

Kerneas said:

Solo incursions, YES!!! I have never played a single incursion bcs my social anxiety.

I also don't play BGs bcs of that

You don’t play BGs because of social anxiety? There’s no interaction between the two players, if that helps you. No communication system or anything
    Yes but it still means two people are there in real time. Yea, you don't communicate but I feel the pressure to ban quickly and if I had to quit the match for any reason, it feels more embarassing than if I did it against a bot
  • ZeiramMRZeiramMR Posts: 103
    The big thing I'm wondering is if the introduction of Sector 9 means that players who qualify for it are going to be forced to choose between only Sector 8 & 9 play for rewards.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    ZeiramMR said:

The big thing I'm wondering is if the introduction of Sector 9 means that players who qualify for it are going to be forced to choose between only Sector 8 & 9 play for rewards.

What do you mean? In AQ, if you want the highest possible rewards you’d play Map 8 and have high prestige. In AW, if you want the highest rewards you aim for Masters. I don’t understand why you’d think this trend wouldn’t continue of better rewards being allocated to higher difficulty
  • ZeiramMRZeiramMR Posts: 103
    edited September 2022
    Siliyo said:

ZeiramMR said:

What do you mean? In AQ, if you want the highest possible rewards you’d play Map 8 and have high prestige. In AW, if you want the highest rewards you aim for Masters. I don’t understand why you’d think this trend wouldn’t continue of better rewards being allocated to higher difficulty
    In AQ, you can play a lower map for less rewards. Currently in Incursions, if you have access to Sector 8 (which just takes having eight 6-stars, doesn't matter what rank or sig they are), you can only play 7 and 8 to receive zone and milestone rewards. If you join a friend that is a little lower and play Sector 6, you don't have those rewards (and I'm fine with this).

With the Sectors being gated by roster quantity instead of roster quality, there will be people who get forced into higher difficulty than they can or want to deal with, especially with the length of time it takes for champions to recharge. A 5-star roster can cut it for Sector 7 & 8, but I suspect someone with 8 & 9 is going to need to use ranked 6-stars to make much progress.

• BeBubba_1BeBubba_1 Posts: 3
    Proud of Kabam on this one, updates like this will keep the community alive and the game feeling progressive
  • BattleboyBattleboy Posts: 2
    One of the best updates this year yet.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Until reading this post I had forgotten incursions even existed in the game. These changes will very likely cause me to start playing this game mode again, so I'm happy about this.
  • AozerAozer Posts: 38
    Solo incursion is a MAJOR!!!! Thank you Kabam!!
    no more letting your team mates down because you dont have time to commit a full run
    or paired up with random people that's always a let down!
  • AinyAiny Posts: 249 ★★★
    so, are we getting a post detailing the new rewards? or do we need to wait until it's actually live in-game?
  • If you are disabling incursions for that period of time from 9/28 - 10/13, you should consider taking the zone clearing daily objective out of the rotation during that time frame. Wouldn't seem right for someone to have that objective proc and have to potentially waste units changing it since it would be unable to be done during that time span.

Why am I not surprised?

You can let 3 Daily objectives stack up. So just keep that one around until Incursions returns.

I still have one from a while back even while incursions was active (I don’t run it too often), but because it's reward is 1 step higher than normal for me I keep it around and someday I will get to it.
  • AinyAiny Posts: 249 ★★★

If you are disabling incursions for that period of time from 9/28 - 10/13, you should consider taking the zone clearing daily objective out of the rotation during that time frame. Wouldn't seem right for someone to have that objective proc and have to potentially waste units changing it since it would be unable to be done during that time span.

Why am I not surprised?

You can let 3 Daily objectives stack up. So just keep that one around until Incursions returns.

I still have one from a while back even while incursions was active (I don’t run it too often), but because it's reward is 1 step higher than normal for me I keep it around and someday I will get to it.
    or... you can just click replace? lol
  • XmsXms Posts: 8
    Until reading this post I had forgotten incursions even existed in the game. These changes will very likely cause me to start playing this game mode again, so I'm happy about this.
  • limeade31limeade31 Posts: 88
    Xms said:

The rewards were decent when I was ranking 5 stars still but it's a pretty big time commitment which definitely makes solo que worse.
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    edited October 2022
    limeade31 said:

Xms said:

The rewards were decent when I was ranking 5 stars still but it's a pretty big time commitment which definitely makes solo que worse.
    Well, they said the rewards and the store will be updated, so let's give Kabam a fair chance... :)
    MCOC Team said:

• Updated Rewards and Incursions Store! Looking for 6 Star Incursions crystals? They’ll be coming your way soon, along with other updates to the store!